Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Next > | Last >
OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: coAsTal]
    #26634526 - 04/28/20 02:28 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coAsTal said:
Hey, any of you experts ever try to submerge your sub on Zap grows?

Quote:

Psilocybe zapotecorum, a species first fruited on a medium of moss, was grown both on straw and horse dung composts in glazed earthenware pots designed to retain water. The mycelial laden compost was cased with calcareous sand and then completely submerged under water. Magnificent Psilocybe zapotecorum mushrooms came up right through the water! This interesting phenomenon is in keeping with the "subaquatic" ecological nature of the species.

I marvel at how finicky home cultivation seems to be when the natural conditions are wildly variable with success-- any thoughts on that?

Wow, man! Never seen that piece of info. Sounds fascinating! Would make sense since it loves wet slopes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Adas]
    #26634665 - 04/28/20 03:26 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They look like subtrop
They are hard to print and ur already a lil late on the larger ones. I often need to triple expose subtropicalis prints to get them dark enough.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: mycorry]
    #26634695 - 04/28/20 03:37 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mycorry said:
Keep in mind that cultivating zaps is 100% about "quit resistance". I have shed tears over some of my failures. You just have to be able to pick yourself up and try again.

It's extra tough because they thrive on neglect but demand consistent conditions. It's a tightrope walk of intuition.

Man, my zaps have been in fruiting for 44 days now. I'm not sure I've learned anything :lol: myc looks great just no damn pins.

I'm pretty sure my temps are too high. House is at 72, but inside the tub it's around 74.

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Asura]
    #26634820 - 04/28/20 04:32 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

FWIW the mycelium in the Zap WBS pint was slow as hell until I put it in the rack where my cactus seedlings are-- it easily doubled the colonization rate-- it stays in the upper 70's in there.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Asura]
    #26634993 - 04/28/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Asura said:
Quote:

mycorry said:
Keep in mind that cultivating zaps is 100% about "quit resistance". I have shed tears over some of my failures. You just have to be able to pick yourself up and try again.

It's extra tough because they thrive on neglect but demand consistent conditions. It's a tightrope walk of intuition.

Man, my zaps have been in fruiting for 44 days now. I'm not sure I've learned anything :lol: myc looks great just no damn pins.

I'm pretty sure my temps are too high. House is at 72, but inside the tub it's around 74.

That is an aspect of zaps I have yet to understand. I have been working with two zap cultures in general for a few years and one I have never gotten to fruit but the other fruits easily at 80F. I just cant keep the damn pins alive for more than a few weeks with my current setup.

My third set of zap genetics is almost ready for fruiting. I hope it's an actual fruiter :facepalm:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26635022 - 04/28/20 06:10 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Try drowning it with a sand casing!!
:bubbles:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

InvisibleDarkslide
Zapologist
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: coAsTal] * 1
    #26635160 - 04/28/20 07:14 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Been there done that :lol: There's an old Barrerae PDF where they used sand. Everyone, including myself, thought sand would be required to fruit. I quit using it years ago and never really noticed a difference. Just because it can doesn't mean it has to.
That semi-aquatic thing can take you down a dark and slimy road too. Never found any dunking methods to be effective. Just messy lol. I've seen the same sort of thing with Stuntzii where they are growing from a puddle outside, but in my basement heaven forbid you mist them too heavy.  :rolleyes:
The difference between indoors and out can be drastic with just about any kind of mushroom. Ever seen indoor oysters look exactly like their outdoor counterpart? Probably never will either lol.
Now they do handle water much better when growing grass like Jake has been doing. Both Stuntzii and Zapotecorum.

Asura, I'm feeling your pain. Two trays survived the trich wave but are just sitting there. So is mycorry's CJ. Everything looks great but .... wait! The one at 5 weeks is popping a few pins lol.
The one at week 4, still nothing at the same 74 degrees.

InvisibleDarkslide
Zapologist
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #26635221 - 04/28/20 07:46 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
They look like subtrop
They are hard to print and ur already a lil late on the larger ones. I often need to triple expose subtropicalis prints to get them dark enough.

Yep. They don't quite look like Hoogs. If they are there may yet be a little hope for the big ones. Just a little. With Semperviva I watch the gills with a magnifier.. or used to. Eventually, with practice, you won't need it. Anyways, look for purpling of the spores on the gills. When you see it start watching the stem. All of it. Top of the cap too. The spores are smaller than Cubensis and can travel all over the place. They usually drop a week or so from becoming visible on the gills so don't get too excited when you see them.  :lol: Vivas have a long sporulation window once they get going.

OfflineMycoactive
Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Darkslide] * 1
    #26637625 - 04/29/20 08:32 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Update: 24 hour print. Went pretty well! I definitely could have left them there longer to get some more spores, but I'm happy with how these came out.

Invisiblewavyedge

Loc: Canada
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Mycoactive] * 3
    #26681909 - 05/19/20 08:53 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Had a fun grow this spring with Ps. subtropicalis (CaptainFuture's semperviva...). These things want to fruit so bad they were popping off the agar in days. Surprisingly high yield for a thin mushroom, though some specimens reach 9-10 inches in height.

Pasteurized straw pellets, nearly 1:1 spawn ratio (5 qt straw pasteurized at 170 degrees for 2 hours in a presto).

New favorite fungus.

--------------------
exotic indexes: Ps zapotecorum varieties, Ps papuana

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: wavyedge]
    #26685495 - 05/21/20 11:31 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

What’s up all, needed to step away from social media for a while but am back. :smile:. How’s it going?

--------------------

Edited by Brain Bulb (05/21/20 11:33 AM)

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
    #26685623 - 05/21/20 12:33 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Just curious what kind of straw pellets did you use? By the way great work looks like it worked wonders.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

#26685693 - 05/21/20 01:18 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

straightedge said:
Had a fun grow this spring with Ps. subtropicalis (CaptainFuture's semperviva...). These things want to fruit so bad they were popping off the agar in days. Surprisingly high yield for a thin mushroom, though some specimens reach 9-10 inches in height.

Pasteurized straw pellets, nearly 1:1 spawn ratio (5 qt straw pasteurized at 170 degrees for 2 hours in a presto).

New favorite fungus.

You literally just described my exact experience. They are my favorite as well.

The later flushes should have a less tightly curled cap as I show in this post. Which gives weight to the idea that most of the fruit bodies we see in tropical forests are not new germinations but instead old cultures that have been fruiting for years. This also explains why cultivating caerulescens doesn't often make a weilii looking cap until several flushes in.

Well done!

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26685698 - 05/21/20 01:19 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
What’s up all, needed to step away from social media for a while but am back. :smile:. How’s it going?

BB! It's good to have you back!

The pandemic has had some of us much more focused on exotics than usual :lol:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26685753 - 05/21/20 01:54 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Wouldn't it have more to do with nutrient availability rather than culture age?

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Adas]
    #26686304 - 05/21/20 06:30 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adas said:
Wouldn't it have more to do with nutrient availability rather than culture age?

It is implied. :strokebeard:

As in, the culture has been fruiting for years in that spot so it has used up nearly all of the initial nutrition that was there early on and any subsequent flushes(over years) are made possible through the newly available nutrition made through the natural decay of its surroundings. So every years new fruits are made possible thanks to what nutrients it could scrape together that season.

So far my hypothesis only applies to subtropicales and caerulescens because of my experience with them, but I imagine it could also apply to many others.

This could also explain in part why wild mushrooms are generally more potent than cultivated. The cultures with the most pesticide content(psilocin, psilocybin, etc...) survive the longest, but that hypothesis is more of a wild guess than a good explanation. Kind of a survival of the fittest of a multispore inoculation instead of the cultivated way of keeping everything perfect for whatever culture can fruit.

Edited by mycorry (05/21/20 06:36 PM)

Invisiblewavyedge

Loc: Canada
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26686876 - 05/21/20 11:22 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:
Just curious what kind of straw pellets did you use? By the way great work looks like it worked wonders.

Thanks, just straw pellets for rabbits (not hay), moistened to field capacity. I like to add a drop of dish soap and a teaspoon of CaOH (hydrated lime), then pasteurised. Then I cased with peat+verm.

https://www.amazon.ca/OXBOW-Bene-Terra-Eco-Straw-20-Pound/dp/B0017JGBAQ

Edited by wavyedge (05/21/20 11:29 PM)

InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #26686889 - 05/21/20 11:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

straightedge said:

New favorite fungus.

Absolutely gorgeous grow sraightedge! Thanks to Mycorry sharing the love I now have a subtropicalis culture on the move. If it performs half as well as yours has I'll be very pleased.:awesomenod:

Here's a jar of indoor P.subs starting to fruit. Hopefully some fruits will form at the surface too.

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: bobwastaken]
    #26687389 - 05/22/20 06:35 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Subs in a jar? Holy crap!

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: thanks for fixing this Asura [Re: bobwastaken]
    #26688059 - 05/22/20 12:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bobwastaken said:

Absolutely gorgeous grow sraightedge! Thanks to Mycorry sharing the love I now have a subtropicalis culture on the move. If it performs half as well as yours has I'll be very pleased.:awesomenod:

Here's a jar of indoor P.subs starting to fruit. Hopefully some fruits will form at the surface too.

YUS!!!!!! :dancer:

We get to see your sub work too?!
:popcorn:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate