Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychedAmbien
Stranger
Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects
    #25873766 - 03/14/19 11:58 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Hey guys, I am pretty experienced with psychedelics and other drugs that cause hallucinations. Done Acid / 2C-B / Ketamine / DXM etc... Tripped on acid / 2C-B about 15 times each. Also huge doses of Ketamine and DXM that produce crazy visuals.

I have recently grown my own Cubensis shrooms (GT) using the PF-TEK and tried them a couple of times. Sadly all of my "Trips" have been very underwhelming / completely different from what I have read about psilocybin.

What I have read about Shrooms compared to LSD:
Shrooms:
- Headspace is more intense at comparable doses
- Open Eye visuals less intense
- Closed eye visuals are more intense
- Can be harder to think "logically" (harder to control your thoughts)

My experiences have been completely opposite. I started off by doing 2g cracker dry (dehydrator for 20h+) LEMON TEK'd. (not a large dose I know). The experience was underwhelming. 2 weeks later I tried 3.5g of TEA prepared using mushboys tek. Slightly better experience. Another 2 weeks later (yesterday) I did 4.2g of TEA using mushboys tek again.

4.2g Trip:

I had some pretty obvious OPEN eye visuals. (walls and floor warping, shadows moving ect). Would compare the visuals to 2C-B more than LSD. But the strange thing was I had Absolutely no headspace. I literally felt completely sober. I had huge pupils, some body load, but I was thinking absolutely normally really. No problem forming sentences. No problem thinking in a logical way. I did NOT get carried away in thoughts. Also I did not have ANY closed eye visuals. I was like wtf?! I had obvious open eye visuals. It was obvious I was not sober and the mushrooms contained psilocybin but there was NO headspace and NO closed eyes visuals. No fear or anything i felt pretty much normal except for the OEV. I got some nitrous oxide and started doing balloons. (This usually intensifies visuals a lot for me). But still not much. I might have gotten some very slight closed eye visuals for about 15 sec after hitting 2 canisters of nitrous in one balloon. But they were nothing compared to Acid. 100ug of Acid usually already gives me more closed eye visuals than this.

Has anybody ever had a similar experience? How can this be?

I am not on any medication (previously been on Ambien (Zolpidem) about a year ago). Honestly the Ambien made me trip harder on 35mg than the Shrooms. Have Insomnia (that's been getting way better). I do not have any mental health conditions.

This is very strange and I really hoped for a more intense trip. Especially more headspace would have been great. Any input?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: PsychedAmbien]
    #25873822 - 03/14/19 12:25 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Just take more.

What you describe is what I get from ~1.5g of dried shrooms, yours seem to be on the weak side of the spectrum.

Sometimes I get strong closed eye visuals, sometimes I don't get any at all. Open eye visuals I get pretty much all the time I take shrooms. Even from less than 1 gram.

Obvious open eye visuals without a shroomy headspace nor CEVs are possible with low to medium doses. Double your dose to 6 or 7 grams, this should do the trick.

-

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: Pandemoon] * 1
    #25873827 - 03/14/19 12:28 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

You have some weak shrooms. I get the same effects from like 0.7g

So many guys here with this problem. 1g from my batch is like your heroic doses lmao

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

Edited by grati (03/14/19 12:29 PM)

OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: grati]
    #25873877 - 03/14/19 01:02 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

grati said:

So many guys here with this problem. 1g from my batch is like your heroic doses lmao

Grati what strain are you growing if you don't mind my asking?

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: Anoobus] * 1
    #25873987 - 03/14/19 02:23 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Anoobus said:
Quote:

grati said:

Grati what strain are you growing if you don't mind my asking?

I'm not growing myself. I buy from a guy who's growing shrooms for like a decade. I had the chance to try 5 batches from other guys and I needed like 3-4g for a level 3. From this guy 1g - level 3.

They are slim and long with small caps. My second favorite strain is African Transkei

But recently he moved to another town :makesmecry:

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

Edited by grati (03/14/19 02:33 PM)

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: grati] * 1
    #25874063 - 03/14/19 03:00 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

You could always get some Syrian Rue or B. Caapi or Rue/Caapi/Harmala extract or Moclobemide, to inhibit MAO-A, take a good dose of that and 30 minutes to an hour later take the mushrooms, should get potentiated a good bit which is a good thing if you don't have much to work with and wanna stretch out your supply. Psilohuasca they call it (at least when mixed with Rue/Caapi/Harmalas), it's awesome!

--------------------

Offlinetwigglez

#25874795 - 03/14/19 09:45 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

yes ive experienced once i had enough experience i just felt the body high and otherwise i felt at one with it and completely n ormal. mushrooms are for kids, try 3 feet of bridgesii tee and see me in the morning 3 days from now.

Edited by twigglez (03/14/19 09:48 PM)

OfflineDnDRnD
Hobby cultivator

Loc: Washington Flag
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: twigglez] * 1
    #25874839 - 03/14/19 10:06 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

twigglez said:
yes ive experienced once i had enough experience i just felt the body high and otherwise i felt at one with it and completely n ormal. mushrooms are for kids, try 3 feet of bridgesii tee and see me in the morning 3 days from now.

Mushrooms definitely get fuckin intense and beautiful as hell, you must not be eating enough I think haha, oh man I love me some san pedro though!!

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Oat Prep Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24126032

Pastywhytes No Pour Agar Tek (PastyPlates)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19208976

Shaperdreamings Shoebox Assembly Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

Down with the bourgeoisie and up with the proletariat

Offlinetwigglez

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: DnDRnD]
    #25874935 - 03/14/19 11:10 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

DnDRnD said:
Quote:

twigglez said:

Mushrooms definitely get fuckin intense and beautiful as hell, you must not be eating enough I think haha, oh man I love me some san pedro though!!

i dont know man i ate an ounce of stones and it did nothing, so now i switched to just making my own LSD and i have a swimming pool full of it so i just swim in that if i want to get high now.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25875013 - 03/14/19 11:46 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Thats pretty weird. Most people have a "shroomy headspace" that involves introspection, wild thoughts, elaborate CEVs. Your trip sounds a lot like 2C-B.

Maybe its the strain of shrooms. Or maybe its you. I would try grow a different strain and see what happens.

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: twigglez] * 1
    #25875109 - 03/15/19 03:15 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

twigglez said:
Quote:

DnDRnD said:
Quote:

twigglez said:

i dont know man i ate an ounce of stones and it did nothing, so now i switched to just making my own LSD and i have a swimming pool full of it so i just swim in that if i want to get high now.

:ohmy: homegrown LSD you say? tell me more...

i personally find it hard to believe that all these people taking shrooms have "weak shrooms". granted, my own experiences are limited, but 3 different MS grows with syrian rue and up to 100 grams wet, with both Z strain and B+ strain all resulted in similar results - level 2 at best, and almost no visuals. considering most people would be flat out gone from what amounts to 10 grams dried with 3 grams rue (and lemon teked at that!) i'm going to say that it's not weak shrooms but resistant minds.

i say this because each time i took shrooms my vision seemed a bit more different each time, as if i was slowly learning how to perceive visuals. the last trip with it i very vaguely started to see a bit of visuals. then i took mescaline for the first time, and that was the first time i actually saw visuals. after several of those types of trips i saw closed eye visuals for the first time, if faintly. the last two trips i even started seeing real open eye visuals, as pictures started to animate, if faintly. sorta like looking at a hologram where the angle changes the image and makes it look like it's moving. the "normal" image was dominant still but i would catch say, a person moving their arm or making a funny face for a split instant faintly.

these visuals seem to get stronger each time, perhaps because i'm deliberately seeking them out? i'm hoping my PEUs grow successfully this time - so far several of the pods have grown out uncontaminated that i can see, though they still look weirdly dense and fuzzy growth compared to the other strains ive grown. these seem to be growing faster than the grain jars i failed at though, at least. i'm curious to see if my new shroom trips will be more visual than before, even with lower doses than before.

i suspect it might be because i'm unusually levelheaded - i don't really have any superstitions, lucky socks, religious beliefs, and when something weird happens i usually look for and figure out a mundane explanation for it, usually because i'm hoping that i can't find a rational explanation. :lol: ghosts, aliens, demons, and the like always seem to avoid me like the plague.

that said, i've noticed that... things... seem to happen while i trip. it's as if everything decides that today will be a good day to mix things up. roommates decide to go out, people seem to call me (i usually get calls or texts like once a month. <_<), random objects decide to fall off shelves or just fall over in my room for no apparent reason, my computer's graphic card decides to go absolutely bonkers (do you have ANY IDEA of how hard it is to figure out how to fix a graphics card when tripping? :rofl:), that sort of thing. not much unexplainable in and of itself, but definitely a statistical anomaly.

....whew tangent. i guess it's hard to say for sure without testing a controlled dose of psilobin (with body weight taken into account?) with a large sample size of people to see if it really is weak shrooms or simply different minds. i suspect it's the latter though - human brains are hardly carbon copies of each other. not even close.

Offlinetwigglez

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: Psion]
    #25875137 - 03/15/19 04:30 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
Quote:

twigglez said:
Quote:

DnDRnD said:
Quote:

twigglez said:

:ohmy: homegrown LSD you say? tell me more...

i personally find it hard to believe that all these people taking shrooms have "weak shrooms". granted, my own experiences are limited, but 3 different MS grows with syrian rue and up to 100 grams wet, with both Z strain and B+ strain all resulted in similar results - level 2 at best, and almost no visuals. considering most people would be flat out gone from what amounts to 10 grams dried with 3 grams rue (and lemon teked at that!) i'm going to say that it's not weak shrooms but resistant minds.

i say this because each time i took shrooms my vision seemed a bit more different each time, as if i was slowly learning how to perceive visuals. the last trip with it i very vaguely started to see a bit of visuals. then i took mescaline for the first time, and that was the first time i actually saw visuals. after several of those types of trips i saw closed eye visuals for the first time, if faintly. the last two trips i even started seeing real open eye visuals, as pictures started to animate, if faintly. sorta like looking at a hologram where the angle changes the image and makes it look like it's moving. the "normal" image was dominant still but i would catch say, a person moving their arm or making a funny face for a split instant faintly.

these visuals seem to get stronger each time, perhaps because i'm deliberately seeking them out? i'm hoping my PEUs grow successfully this time - so far several of the pods have grown out uncontaminated that i can see, though they still look weirdly dense and fuzzy growth compared to the other strains ive grown. these seem to be growing faster than the grain jars i failed at though, at least. i'm curious to see if my new shroom trips will be more visual than before, even with lower doses than before.

i suspect it might be because i'm unusually levelheaded - i don't really have any superstitions, lucky socks, religious beliefs, and when something weird happens i usually look for and figure out a mundane explanation for it, usually because i'm hoping that i can't find a rational explanation. :lol: ghosts, aliens, demons, and the like always seem to avoid me like the plague.

that said, i've noticed that... things... seem to happen while i trip. it's as if everything decides that today will be a good day to mix things up. roommates decide to go out, people seem to call me (i usually get calls or texts like once a month. <_<), random objects decide to fall off shelves or just fall over in my room for no apparent reason, my computer's graphic card decides to go absolutely bonkers (do you have ANY IDEA of how hard it is to figure out how to fix a graphics card when tripping? :rofl:), that sort of thing. not much unexplainable in and of itself, but definitely a statistical anomaly.

....whew tangent. i guess it's hard to say for sure without testing a controlled dose of psilobin (with body weight taken into account?) with a large sample size of people to see if it really is weak shrooms or simply different minds. i suspect it's the latter though - human brains are hardly carbon copies of each other. not even close.

yeah man anyone can make free LSD at home, apparently based on my method you only need 2 ingredients and a glass bottle, once you finish the chemical cocktail you mix it then re seperate it then apply it topically, and it absorbs through the skin. Anyone can do this easily.

OfflinePsychedAmbien
Stranger
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25875141 - 03/15/19 04:40 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Thats pretty weird. Most people have a "shroomy headspace" that involves introspection, wild thoughts, elaborate CEVs. Your trip sounds a lot like 2C-B.

Maybe its the strain of shrooms. Or maybe its you. I would try grow a different strain and see what happens.

It was pretty similar to a low dose of 2C-B but still very different. even a low dose of 2C-B (lets say 25mg Hbr - some people might not call this low) has a way more intense body high and an obvious headspace. I feel the 2C-B headspace is very controllable and chill but it is still very noticable. With shrooms there was NO headspace. Very strange.

Also my Spores are from one of the oldest sponsors of this site so i assume these should be decent but what do i know. LSD (even only 100ug) has been 10x more intense and enjoyable to say the least.

Also growing some San Pedro looking forward to that aswell.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25875198 - 03/15/19 05:49 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

U might have some kind of strange tolerance to shrooms. I suggest trying different shroom strains and find one that suits you. Also consider growing APE, PE or KSSS as they are naturally higher in potency

OfflineDnDRnD
Hobby cultivator

#25875256 - 03/15/19 06:48 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

You probably have a naturally high tolerance then, that sucks!

Lsd requires alot more then two chemicals and isn't absorbed transdermal so you may be making lsa instead haha unless you start with ald or something but even then it requires diethylamide, POCL3, and alot of ether and a chromatography set up dude

Edit - if it was that easy to make alot more people would but im still curious about your process and what your actually making

--------------------

Edited by DnDRnD (03/15/19 06:55 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: DnDRnD]
    #25875273 - 03/15/19 07:07 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Its strange cause i made a recent post about extracting LSA using methanol then rubbing it on my fingers for transdermal absorbtion. I wonder if he was referring to that.

OfflineDnDRnD
Hobby cultivator

Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25875296 - 03/15/19 07:36 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I could see that, ive read alot about lsd not be transdermal absorbed though, plus it takes alot more than 2 things to make

--------------------

OfflinePsychedAmbien
Stranger
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25875346 - 03/15/19 08:20 AM (5 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
U might have some kind of strange tolerance to shrooms. I suggest trying different shroom strains and find one that suits you. Also consider growing APE, PE or KSSS as they are naturally higher in potency

I have access to the following strains:
- Cubensis Mazatapec
- Cubensis A-Strain
- Cubensis Amazonas
- Cubensis Australia
- Cubensis B+
- Cubensis Ban Hua Thai
- Cubensis Cambodia
- Cubensis Ecuador
- Cubensis Hawaii (PES)
- Cubensis Koh Samui
- Cubensis Mexico (Dutch King)
- Cubensis Golden Teacher
- Cubensis PF Classic
- Cubensis Escondido
- cubensis Albino A+

What strain should i try ?

I also bought a growkit before i found the shroomery. I will try to take spore prints of that if the potency is any better.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25875385 - 03/15/19 08:48 AM (5 years, 15 days ago)

Albino A+ is a good choice.

I personally like the Mazatepcas myself.

OfflineDnDRnD
Hobby cultivator

#25875442 - 03/15/19 09:31 AM (5 years, 15 days ago)

Ive heard good things about the PES series and huatla is always good, from MS it's entirely genetics though as potency can vary widely from mushroom to mushroom

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #25876792 - 03/15/19 08:22 PM (5 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

This is very strange and I really hoped for a more intense trip. Especially more headspace would have been great. Any input?

I agree with the suggestions to increase the dose; if a shroom trip is 'meh' with no headspace you might as well try doubling the dose next time (assuming it's the same batch). Unless other people have tried your shrooms you can't be certain of the underlying potency.

Shrooms can be very underwhelming if the dose is too low, but the headspace should get *very* intense at higher doses. For example, if you keep increasing your doses with the aim of getting better visuals, you reach a point where the intensity is so ferocious that you either have to back off or get completely obliterated by the trip.

e.g this kind of intensity (from a trip journal):

Quote:

The return of the old Gods. Multi-dimensional annihilation and retribution. Brain torture and sensory overload

Closed eye visuals should be vivid on moderate doses, although they sometimes take a while to get going. I find that a good visual marker for when a trip has started to 'kick in' properly is the appearance of glyphs / word soup within the walls e.t.c

Judging from comments on here I think individual people do react slightly differently to shrooms (e.g some people report that they rarely get many visuals at all, or they feel sober when their friends are busy tripping on the same dose of the same mushrooms) but I find that the effects I personally get are very consistent allowing for potency variations - ultimately you have to judge the strength of the dose by its effects not its weight.

:feelsshroomyman:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: Psion]
    #25876818 - 03/15/19 08:45 PM (5 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I think some of the open eye visuals are caused by pattern-recognition functions in the brain becoming overactive, so that you see things that look like vague letters over walls and certain kinds of surfaces. I think once you've seen this effect it jumps out more readily on subsequent trips because you are primed to see it by the same pattern-recognition function that caused you to see it in the first place..

As for being levelheaded - I find that once you reach a certain dosage range there's a definite shift where the experience becomes more magical / delusional. You start to get 'sudden realizations' and maybe begin to feel the presence of something within your trip. This can completely cut across and contradict whatever you previously believed (e.g you start off the trip as an athiest and start feeling the presence of God, or you have 0% belief in the existence of aliens and you suddenly start to think "holy shit, the aliens! Suddenly everything makes sense!" It's like a slow drift into insanity...

:tigerbunny:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Shrooms underwelming / very strange effects [Re: Aldebaran]
    #25876919 - 03/15/19 09:44 PM (5 years, 15 days ago)

ive yet to feel the presence of a god other than myself during a trip :lol:

i think it's because when your imagination is so vivid, it really does make me feel like a god of creation, bringing new ideas and concepts to life.

my last trip though, i did feel a vague sense of "something". it was something i perceived as a font of power, like tapping into magic - only i couldn't touch it. as far as i could tell it wasn't that it was rejecting me, but that i was afraid to embrace it, like how i seem to recoil from getting close to anything. whatever it was though, i sensed it was both gentle and powerful.

those were just vague impressions i got though. that and the feeling that the power belonged to me, only perhaps a me from the future? time tends to get fuzzy when doing mescaline. XD

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale