Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: here there and everywhere
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja]
    #25871747 - 03/13/19 01:07 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Very impressed by this Tek!!

I tried for almost a month to fruit a couple 1/2 pint jar with a ziplock bag with no luck. Took them out of the jars, dunked them, and put into humidity chamber with coir.

One week later and I have now I have baby pins. Thanks for the write up!!

--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: newtomyc] * 1
    #25871830 - 03/13/19 01:59 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

I still can't get over how quickly fruit formations starts to occur inside the HC and it seems pretty consistent across many grows. It seems that cakes start to produce fruits after only a few days of being in the HC no matter where they come from, straight from birth after consolidation, no consolidation, being inside some other setup for 1-4 weeks... It doesn't seem to matter to the organism, when fruiting conditions are close to optimal then it gets to work rather quickly :thumbup:

I think that if one doesn't have pins within day 10-12 in the HC then maybe evaluate the climate inside to make sure the cakes are evaporating but not drying out too quickly. If conditions are good then healthy cakes should (by rule of thumb) start to produce fruits after around one week in the HC.

Maybe it's too early to make these statement, let's call them half speculations or something :bongload:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#25871835 - 03/13/19 02:01 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Care to tell me how you do it?
I have no pour glass jars with sfd. I thought let it colonize and either with the ship or without just put sterelized water into it with a syringe and suck it back up?

1 small plate ( about 2/3 of a normal plate) should be enough for a 20ml syringe, no?

You want to make LI? I like to drop a whole or a half culture into 50ml sterilized water that's inside a 3dl glass container with a rubber band lid that seals hermetically. Lid is unmodified. Drop the culture in, seal the lid and shake the shit out of the jar for 5-10seconds. This breaks the (0.5%) soft agar into a homogenous slush that's easy to pour or aspirate into syringes. I like to pour one of these LI's into 3-5 qt jars. This gives me fast and even colonization.

You asked for APEs yesterday? Here is a new HC with 14 of em. I just made it now.
(swabape)

Awesome! I have a few unmodded lids so I can make that work. 0.5% agar what is that by weight I guess? And how much in procent is 20g agar to 1L water then?

Would it work with that agar aswell or should I remember to make softer agar when making my LI ? Before when I make LI I "shot" of the mycilium from the agar with the syringes hehe and sucked it back up.

That HC looks so clean and nice Mateha, thanks for sharing, Oh how many HCs do you have running currently?

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25872982 - 03/14/19 12:18 AM (5 years, 17 days ago)

You can man LI from standard agar as well no problem :thumbup:
Agar recipe percentage is always by weight both for agar and nutrients. So 20g out of 1000g (1L) would be ~2%.
BTW soft agar can be really tricky to scoop up and drop off,
I personally prefer to work with PC'd scalpels and tools so that I'm able to
wrestle with the agar wedge if need be without worrying about unsterile shit hovering above and touching sterile media's.

And I have 5 HC's running at the moment, 2 big and 3 small.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#25873137 - 03/14/19 04:26 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Thank you for explaining to me.
So you use 5g mea and 5g agar for 1000ml water. Great will try that when I make LI in a few weeks.

What would you say is safest. Either the jar with water were I put the agar into before shake has a ship only for me to suck out the liquid or to simply open it in the SAB and suck it up?
I understand that when pushing the needle through the silicon Its no longer clean. But having the jar open and sucking ut up also makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

Never thought of building a GH and a humidifier? Instead of all those HCs?

--------------------

LAGM2021

InvisibleMateja

#25873178 - 03/14/19 05:20 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Never thought of building a GH and a humidifier? Instead of all those HCs?

Benefits of the HC:
1) It doesn't need to be 'built' (GH needs) :lol:
2) it doesn't run on electricity (GH's do)
3) it doesn't require me to refill with water (Humidifier needs refill)
4) it doesn't need to be dialed in like a GH. (just put cakes in and place the lid back) :super:

Idk I think GH's are cool and I don't have anything against them I just don't
think they are practical at all if the goal is to fruit Cubensis bulk substrates
or BRF cakes for that matter. GH is lots of maintenence and still doesn't outperform the tubs :shrug:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleMateja

#25873187 - 03/14/19 05:31 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
What would you say is safest. Either the jar with water were I put the agar into before shake has a ship only for me to suck out the liquid or to simply open it in the SAB and suck it up?
I understand that when pushing the needle through the silicon Its no longer clean. But having the jar open and sucking ut up also makes me a bit uncomfortable

To aspirated into a syringe I'd just open the lid, hold the LI jar in one hand tilted 45degrees sideways
and the syringe in the other hand sideways inserted into the jar so you're not
dangling your hands and tools directly above the LI.
Also water can press and squeeze through the SHIP during the shaking,
its happened to me several times in the past when shaking with SHIP lids.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25873190 - 03/14/19 05:33 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

What i find paradoxial is that the HC has better FAE than a SGFC. How is this even possible?

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#25873197 - 03/14/19 05:35 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Alright without ship Its, thanks:bow2:

--------------------

LAGM2021

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25873259 - 03/14/19 06:44 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
What i find paradoxial is that the HC has better FAE than a SGFC. How is this even possible?

Well Idk about "better FAE" lol but the HC does have adjustable FAE unlike the SGFC.
Or do you mean to say that HC allows for more FAE than a SGFC? Well that depends on what you do with the lid :lol:
But the same applies for any unmodified tub/shoebox, so are you saying that most fruiting tubs have 'better FAE' than SGFC? Now that doesn't sound right does it haha

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#25873795 - 03/14/19 12:12 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

My cakes seen to be turn blueish. Could be handling (last time handling was dunking a week ago), but maybe increase FAE?

Opinions please.

--------------------
JJ

Invisiblejuniperus
Frim Fram Sauce

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: newtomyc]
    #25873867 - 03/14/19 12:57 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
My cakes seen to be turn blueish. Could be handling (last time handling was dunking a week ago), but maybe increase FAE?

Opinions please.

Did you roll that cake in verm at all? Blueing (bruising) can be caused by the substrate drying out, or from other things, it's a reaction to stress. I don't think I've ever seen lack of FAE cause bruising.

--------------------
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind - this is the teaching of the Buddhas

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: juniperus]
    #25873888 - 03/14/19 01:09 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

juniperus said:

Did you roll that cake in verm at all? Blueing (bruising) can be caused by the substrate drying out, or from other things, it's a reaction to stress. I don't think I've ever seen lack of FAE cause bruising.

So I did have a verm barrier when I tired fruiting straight out of the jar after birth. I didn't at all when I decide to try this. In hind sight, wish I would have. I kind of had gave up on these.

I thought I read from one of the "search posts" search's that blue can be a sign of lack of FAE but I might have miss read.

I'll try is making sure it stays hydrated and hopefully they will recover.

--------------------
JJ

Invisiblejuniperus
Frim Fram Sauce

#25873897 - 03/14/19 01:17 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

juniperus said:

So I did have a verm barrier when I tired fruiting straight out of the jar after birth. I didn't at all when I decide to try this. In hind sight, wish I would have. I kind of had gave up on these.

I thought I read from one of the "search posts" search's that blue can be a sign of lack of FAE but I might have miss read.

I'll try is making sure it stays hydrated and hopefully they will recover.

Could be, I just haven't seen it :shrug:. I would say most people roll in verm after their dunk, helps moderate the loss of moisture. Other people might chime in as to whether they think a re-dunk and subsequent roll in verm would be a good idea.

--------------------
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind - this is the teaching of the Buddhas

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: juniperus]
    #25873914 - 03/14/19 01:29 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

juniperus said:

Could be, I just haven't seen it :shrug:. I would say most people roll in verm after their dunk, helps moderate the loss of moisture. Other people might chime in as to whether they think a re-dunk and subsequent roll in verm would be a good idea.

My worry with that is the pins. Don't really care if I get a large amount of mushrooms from these but I screwed up a couple shoeboxes that I spawned most of my BRF cakes from this variety to. So my main concern is genetics of this variety. Would really like nice sport print, so I can start over with them.

I'll give it a few days and see what happens and then do a dunk/roll.

Thanks juniperus for the advice. Very appreciated!!

--------------------
JJ

Invisiblejuniperus
Frim Fram Sauce

#25873980 - 03/14/19 02:18 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

juniperus said:

My worry with that is the pins. Don't really care if I get a large amount of mushrooms from these but I screwed up a couple shoeboxes that I spawned most of my BRF cakes from this variety to. So my main concern is genetics of this variety. Would really like nice sport print, so I can start over with them.

I'll give it a few days and see what happens and then do a dunk/roll.

Thanks juniperus for the advice. Very appreciated!!

Sure thing. Good luck! Also, the term "roll" is used pretty lightly. I usually just put the dunked cake in a bowl of verm and scoop it up around the cake, patting it in a bit. And you can dunk pins that size with no ill effect. Mushrooms are ~90% water anyway.

I'm not sure if it's too dry, FYI, you'll have to use your own judgment with that one, that's just the main cause of bruising for me.

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: newtomyc] * 1
    #25874107 - 03/14/19 03:20 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

All 14 of my 'APE' cakes bruised heavily from the 24h dunk, the AA+ cakes didn't bruise much if at all. The point is I didn't sweat it one bit even tho they looked like they took an ass woopin on the streets. Lightly bruised cakes will heal quickly on their own if just given stabile environment for a few days, myc on my cakes usually starts to regenerate during the first few days in the HC while I keep the lid latched on and don't open even once.

I haven't confirmed anything yet, I have more experiments to do first but so far I'm getting indications that very high humidity and very low evaporation rates stimulate regeneration/recolonization of the substrate/verm layer. I think it's more about the saturation level humidities than it is about the low evaporation rates because I was left with over colonized snowball cakes most often on those occasions I when overboard with humidity. I even made these snowballs once inside a SGFC which I connected to my humidifier.  :trololol:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Invisiblejuniperus
Frim Fram Sauce

#25874222 - 03/14/19 04:12 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
I even made these snowballs once inside a SGFC which I connected to my humidifier.

:rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25874835 - 03/14/19 10:04 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Daily meeting among locals on Humidity Square in Chamberville.
The daily attendance among towns people is steadily on the rise.

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Mateah, i noticed u have a white towel in your HC. Do u like the towel over coir?

I didn't see this question before now, when I was randomly looking for one of my posts
(trying to figure out exactly when I birthed the first set of cakes so I know how things are progressing) lol
I wasnt ignoring question intentionally, have to be more observant :hatsoff:

But to answer your question, it must have been someone else's towel HC cause I don't think I've ever posted pics
of the towel HC that I made like 1.5 year ago. But yes it was a white towel I used back then as well :super:
It worked but was nasty, started to smell funky even tho it was clean :shrug:
Basically everything wet will work.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25874925 - 03/14/19 11:03 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Alright.

Cause i have a sensitive nose and Im worried that wet coir might bother me since my grow room is my bed room as well.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds