Home | Community | Message Board

Buy-Kratom.us
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Washington
Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work * 1
    #25872965 - 03/14/19 01:59 AM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

Hope my boss doesn't read this but if he does,  i can be like you read HT too!

https://hightimes.com/news/survey-shows-cannabis-users-legal-states-consume-work/

Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work
And it looks like a lot of you are still aren’t out of the marijuana closet.

Published 6 hours ago on March 13, 2019 By Caitlin Donohue
Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work Darren J. Bradley/ Shutterstock
SHARE TWEET
How do you deal with weed stigma? A new study of cannabis users in Washington, Colorado, and Oregon found that 79 percent agree that marijuana is still viewed in a negative light. That perception may be preventing people from being open about their usage of the drug with loved ones — less than half of those who responded to survey questions from Seattle-Portland marketing communications firm Quinn Thomas said they were completely transparent with family and friends about their cannabis use.

Another surprising finding? Employers will be keen to note that one in four respondents said that they’ve gotten high at work, and that an equal percentage copped to using marijuana while on the job.

In January, the study conducted focus groups and tapped 900 online respondents evenly distributed across three states where recreational cannabis is legal — Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. Its stated margin of error is plus or minus 3.3 percent.

Key data was turned that could be employed by cannabis brands in marketing, pricing, and positioning their products. The study suggested that marijuana use across the population is evenly distributed in terms of age, marriage status, income, political orientation, race, and ethnicity. One area in which cannabis use skewed high was among men — the study found that cannabis users were about 60 percent male.

But let’s get back to that stigma — could it be due to a lack of information about cannabis? Many of those surveyed said that they were interested in receiving more knowledge about marijuana health and safety. When asked where they currently went for knowledge, many pointed to their friendly local budtenders — half of the survey’s respondents picked local retailers as their best source of cannabis info. The next best sources were health care providers (38 percent said their doctor was their weed info go-to), cannabis growers (26 percent), and state cannabis regulators (20 percent).

The fact that political orientation did not seem to play a large role in cannabis consumption may come as a surprise to those who associate marijuana usage with a liberal worldview. Of the respondents to the survey, 35 percent identified themselves as Democrat, compared with 32 percent independent voters and 26 percent Republican.

In consumer news, it was found that by far, respondents preferred to smoke their cannabis — 64 percent reported using weed via smoking over the last year, as compared to 47 percent who had eaten an edible, 32 percent who had vaped, and 23 percent who had used topical products. When it comes to purchasing rationale, 62 percent of respondents said that price determined their cannabis buys, versus 45 percent who cited THC potency and 35 percent who went for product type.

The men and women surveyed (the study apparently did not allow for genderqueer or non-binary individuals) displayed some interesting differences in shopping behavior. Men were far more likely to prefer shopping for cannabis solo, and said they felt more confident and certain about their purchasing decisions than the women who were surveyed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: sycodelix]
    #25873084 - 03/14/19 04:24 AM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

Prob 50% in illegal states

Im glad it doesnt read like a smear piece, title makes it seem that way

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer

Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: Fractal420]
    #25873253 - 03/14/19 08:38 AM (7 days, 13 hours ago)

Weird survey.

46% of people get their weed health/safety info from state regulators and growers? I'd bet almost everyone gets it from the internet..

The title is kind of misleading. Just because people have been high at work doesn't mean it's a regular or daily thing. That's like saying 95% of alcohol users come to work hungover.

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: feevers]
    #25874567 - 03/14/19 09:28 PM (7 days, 1 hour ago)

If you aren't operating heavy machinery whats wrong with smoking at work? Hell, some jobs you've got to get high for, especially the low paying ones. And some things I do better stoned.

Edited by Holybullshit (03/14/19 09:29 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25875280 - 03/15/19 09:15 AM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

I just get bud locally. Though shatter and such online is usually fine, i dont like ordering bulky, smelly weed. Much safer with some paper or something with all the weed already on the streets

I get my "weed info" from leafly lol, no state regulators to help me find a strain. Legalization wise, my state is a fucking mess right now

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlineicetech
Mastermasturbator
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25877425 - 03/16/19 10:14 AM (5 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
If you aren't operating heavy machinery whats wrong with smoking at work? Hell, some jobs you've got to get high for, especially the low paying ones. And some things I do better stoned.

Dunno.. as a business owner, if i knew an employee was getting buzzed at work but was still functioning fine i would probably look the other way.. but if it impaired their work in the slightest it would be an instant firing..

Personally i have never gotten buzzed at work and rarely even do outside my own house..

--------------------
TRUE LOVE...

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #25879886 - 03/17/19 01:35 PM (4 days, 8 hours ago)

I work a manual laborjob that i would definitely prefer my help to be sober

Climbing trees i leave my life inthe hands of the dudes onthe ground

The nature of the business makes it so you run into new people all the time

Nothing against junkys i was one, notjing against potheads or whatever, but i want the guy responsible for my life sober, and if hes so bad sober he has to rely on substances, one day when he has no substances he'll be even worse sober than stoned

That gamble isnt worth it, i need a dude whos happy to be sober and not hungover late and stoned or whatever

That being said, fuck drug tests

I can tell off the rip if someone is a fuckup or not

--------------------
The elder among the men looked deep into
The fire and spoke loud with pride
Tomorrow is a fine day to die

Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Survey Shows 25% of Cannabis Users in Legal States Consume at Work [Re: stzacrack]
    #25883204 - 03/19/19 10:40 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Depends on the job. If youre on the computer all day it wouldnt hurt to get high. If its manual hard labor and dangerous work, better be sober IMO.

some people i know work with elevators. They get the sickest bud ive ever seen, but they dont get high when climbing up the elevator shafts

And yes fuck drug tests thats a whole different story. Just causs youre positive doesnt mean youre gonna do anything on the job. A drug test is just a barrier keeping people away from a job. Even with a card for MMJ, you have to explain that you medicinally use cannabis and blahblahblah, and thats no ones business.

A Shoprite told my friend "be clean or have a card"

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service