Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save?
    #25872388 - 03/13/19 06:43 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

You wake up, there's smoke and flames everywhere, it's obvious that your place will go up in flames but most of the stuff can still be saved if get to it before the flames do.

You have maybe a few minutes to grab whatever you can carry before it's too late.

What are you bringing with you?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Patlal]
    #25872399 - 03/13/19 06:46 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

I have too many pets, I have no time for material possessions :sad: maybe I could grab my backpack tho has kratom and nicotine in it

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
Deep down in the ocean blue
 User Gallery

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: gopher]
    #25872451 - 03/13/19 07:05 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Normally i would say my cat, but in this scenario I'm going to imagine that he is the arsonist, probably for insurance reasons but I can't be sure, no one knows his mind.

My playstation 4 for sure

My visual art and comics that I make

My beloved childhood teddy bear

After that it's a toss up between my wallet or some of my more elaborate sex costumes...

--------------------
"You will laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are."
--Piccolo

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25872494 - 03/13/19 07:20 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

after grabbing my cats,

probably my Alesis Strike Pro electronic drum set. i still owe a few thousand $'s for it because i used a credit card to buy it lol

--------------------
šŸ“:poop:
hpoo or die

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #25872521 - 03/13/19 07:28 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Assuming my family is already out of harmā€™s way, two things come readily to mind.  I have this big wide binder stuffed with all kinds of pictures and assorted mementos: show tix, playbills, flyers, matchbooks and coasters from bars and clubs I thought to grab during particularly fun nights, miscellaneous trinkets, etc. Decades worth of notable memories.

Also, I have a painting in my living room.  Itā€™s probably not worth anything monetarily, but the sentimental value is through the roof.  It was given to my grandmother by the artist in the 1950s, after it had been on display in a museum.  My dad told me that he remembered being fascinated by it as a kid, and I was too.  When she passed it, came to me.  Pictured below, itā€™s a cubist depiction of a man and a woman on a beach:

And my records, if thereā€™s time.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25872539 - 03/13/19 07:34 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

My dog. And a pair of pants so I donā€™t have to stand outside in my underwear.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 7
    #25872629 - 03/13/19 08:15 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

This happened to me and my wife a little over 4 years ago. My brother and his pregnant wife were visiting as well. The fire started right outside the only entrance/exit of the apartment. I woke up because I saw orange in my dreams and it triggered a primal response to jut awake. Successfully got all the people out of the apartment. Flames were going fast, took five minutes maybe to consume the entire living room.

Went around slamming on people's doors as fast as I could to wake them up, was in my underwear in the cold and all, it being 3 in the morning it's a pretty shitty way to wake up. Everyone woke up thankfully and got out of the building before it would spread to their apartment. I had two dogs that were stuck in the apartment. I was losing it, tried to run inside with the only entrance and room completely in flames, I burnt my shoulders and back a bit from the heat from a distance. That image is scarred in my mind, being on the staircase into my apartment with massive flames above me, just a wall of orange and yellow heat, and for a couple years afterwards I had a few episodes where I'd see fire in my mind and panic for a few minutes even when there was none.

Can't really forgive myself for not grabbing the dogs immediately, but in my mind they ran out with my wife and brother and his wife and I was already trying to wake everyone else up in the complex. My thoughts were on a completely primal level during the whole ordeal. There was no critical thought or time to worry about possessions either, things were not of any concern. Firefighters were there in maybe 10 or 15 minutes, the entire complex roof was on fire at this point.

Once the fire was put out completely my dogs were actually both still alive. They were in a closet in my apartment, but had breathed in a lot of smoke, no real burns. They were both transported to the vets where they stayed for about a week. It was pretty much a miracle that they survived, the vets said they would both be fine. Unfortunately, my dog Mufasa died of pneumonia about a week in. I was with him when he died, they said he would not make it a few hours earlier and said that it would be more humane to put him down at that point. He stopped breathing before they had even prepared the treatment. That was beyond crushing, tearing up thinking about it, spend just about the entire time at the vets worried. He fought very hard and it was just too much on him. My other dog Malcolm recovered very well and is still with us today. Thinking about all he went through is mind boggling. Fucked me up for a long time afterwards.

We lost all of our material possessions, and in hindsight I never felt any loss for my possessions compared to losing our dog. Things and stuff were nothing. In the wreckage a couple weeks later I was able to recover two items, they were display cases that we had on the walls with sentimental items. The frames were toasted on the bottom edges, but the insides survived. A pocket watch that my grandfather gave me that his grandfather gave him, and a paper doll my wife had that she got when she lived in Japan. That's all I felt the need to grab, didn't even bother to grab a big coin collection I had or anything. All that didn't really matter and it was in the past. Even a bike I had outside had completely burnt to a crisp just to put the fire in perspective.

Thankfully no humans had any injuries, and everyone in the complex had renters insurance as a requirement to live there. The fire started because a charcoal grill still had an ember - the fire started about 3 - 4 hours after the grill had been put out and it reignited from improperly being put out (one should dump a whole lot of water on any fire, it's basic knowledge but easy to overlook, pockets of embers can dry up and reignite if not completely extinguished). The reason it started a fire is because it was placed about 10 feet from a plastic cooler and an ember must have caught it in the wind and slowly burned through the plastic until it ignited several hours later.

The apartment complex had fire extinguishers outside on the stair wells, downstairs from where I was at, there were none inside the apartment that I can remember, and honestly even the one outside was an afterthought in the moment, kind of one of those things you just see as background noise unless you consciously take time to note where extinguishers are located. By the time I could have reacted to it, the fire was too large for one extinguisher anyway. So it's good to have one in the house if you don't for whatever reason, even if you need to buy it. I don't think I'd like to ever live in a location with one door and only one wall with outward windows right next to the door either, a few more minutes and we'd have been completely trapped inside.

Edited by PatrickKn (03/13/19 08:23 PM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25872643 - 03/13/19 08:20 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

There was a thread just like this not long ago.

My answer still hasn't changed.

My dog.

Everything else can burn.

--------------------
The Italian researchersā€™ findings, published by the INTā€™s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25872661 - 03/13/19 08:29 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Damn, PatrickKn.  That was an intense read.  I remember when you initially posted about that- werenā€™t you leaving for basic shortly thereafter?  I appreciate the follow up and retrospective.  I guess itā€™s easy for all of us to think about what weā€™d ideally do, and itā€™s a very different thing to actually experience it.  Iā€™m glad it wasnā€™t as bad as it could have been.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: HamHead]
    #25872670 - 03/13/19 08:33 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

These:

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25872706 - 03/13/19 08:43 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

OfflineMadValley
Stranger than Most

Loc: An island in the PNW Flag
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Supernova]
    #25872880 - 03/13/19 10:30 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

newusername222 said:
My dog. And a pair of pants so I donā€™t have to stand outside in my underwear.

Ditto on the dog (and cats if I have time...)

But underwear? Really? Is that still a thing?

--------------------
How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25872907 - 03/13/19 11:01 PM (5 years, 17 days ago)

i have nothing worth saving. i'd just go back to sleep.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #25873168 - 03/14/19 05:12 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i have nothing worth saving. i'd just go back to sleep.

:kittylaugh: for real, I'd make a point of leaving stuff so I can buy better things with the insurance money.

If my house ever got broken in to I swear the burglars would feel sorry for me and actually bring stuff to leave rather than take stuff.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25874062 - 03/14/19 02:59 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

My wife and my son,

Anything else irreplaceable like myreserve list Magic cards is already locked away in fireproof safe.

On second thought, just my son.
Lily can fend for herself! :evil:

--------------------
ā€œThe problem with the Bourgeoisie is that theyā€™re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isnā€™t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeafā€ - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for detailsā€¦

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #25874076 - 03/14/19 03:04 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

My dogs. Don't really have anything worth saving

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #25874479 - 03/14/19 06:34 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

So many of you are wasting valuable space carrying dogs instead stuff...

--------------------

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Patlal]
    #25874488 - 03/14/19 06:39 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: You wake up, you're place is on fire, you have time to save a few things. What do you save? [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #25874499 - 03/14/19 06:46 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I find it really funny how in the last thread, JSB said he would save his laptop, wallet, phone, and a motorcycle. It this thread it seems as though he's dropped the laptop, wallet, and phone in order to make more room for a second motorcycle to rescue.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #25874545 - 03/14/19 07:18 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

My cat Rocky and my L-stash

And I guess my PS4 if I have time

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order