Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblePinkerton
Koanist

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #25871827 - 03/13/19 01:57 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Tribalism and class differences has been since dawn of man in large populations. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Citizen X] * 2
    #25871912 - 03/13/19 02:43 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
What do you think Bernie is going to do if he gets elected?  Even better question: what will congress allow him to do?

I'm not sure Congress will allow him to do what he wants, but if the President pushes for things that are popular with the people (Medicare for All), and Congress doesn't go along, a lot of Congressman could lose their seats; then things will happen.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25871922 - 03/13/19 02:51 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Citizen X said:
What do you think Bernie is going to do if he gets elected?  Even better question: what will congress allow him to do?

I'm not sure Congress will allow him to do what he wants, but if the President pushes for things that are popular with the people (Medicare for All), and Congress doesn't go along, a lot of Congressman could lose their seats; then things will happen.

Sometimes I feel like we’re dealing with a hydra

You take a head and two more grow. I’m glad you’re optimistic, but where we are now is, even if it’s a great idea, people will oppose because a D proposed it. The reverse is also true if an R proposed it.

How can we move passed this cycle of D’s vs R’s?

That’s the only thing I can think about doing is just not participating until there’s another option?

I don’t know what else to do?

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Citizen X] * 3
    #25871994 - 03/13/19 03:30 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I agree to some extent.  The corporate media will always ensure they help the establishment stay in power.

I guess the best we can hope for is that people slowly begin to realize this and quit relying on corporate media to tell them who to vote for.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #25872030 - 03/13/19 03:48 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I think we will slowly move past the D versus R situation, and the corporate media control to a degree, as cable TV slowly phases out. I haven't had cable in something like 6 years and people younger than me, me in my mid 30's, are ditching cable and broadcast TV faster than ever. Of course there brings the need to think critically, especially so with internet derived news, but this has only brought to light the importance of thinking critical. A skill I see many young adults extremely adept at. This hate for millennial is more a thing of jealousy in my opinion than it is in sound critique of a generation. Sure millenials have gotten fucked in a lot of ways, but they are the smartest generation the U.S. has seen. They are just more adept to the modern age.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 3
    #25872074 - 03/13/19 04:13 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Any of our pizzagate folks gonna talk about the sex trafficking ring centered around mar a lago

Cindy Handjob and Donald President

Cindy Pimp with Matt Congressman and Rick Senator and Donald Trustfund

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: christopera]
    #25872093 - 03/13/19 04:21 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
I think we will slowly move past the D versus R situation, and the corporate media control to a degree, as cable TV slowly phases out. I haven't had cable in something like 6 years and people younger than me, me in my mid 30's, are ditching cable and broadcast TV faster than ever. Of course there brings the need to think critically, especially so with internet derived news, but this has only brought to light the importance of thinking critical. A skill I see many young adults extremely adept at. This hate for millennial is more a thing of jealousy in my opinion than it is in sound critique of a generation. Sure millenials have gotten fucked in a lot of ways, but they are the smartest generation the U.S. has seen. They are just more adept to the modern age.

I agree that millennials have really "gotten fucked in a lot of ways", but I don't hear many of them being critical thinkers, they are more officially "educated" in terms of college degrees than previous generations, but they have also been indoctrinated by the educational system in a lot of ways that has eroded their critical thinking skills.

I hate to generalize a whole generation of US citizens, but I don't think they understand how and why they've been fucked over.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: qman] * 1
    #25872201 - 03/13/19 05:18 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Nah, they understand better than the rich and powerful give them credit for. It's ironic you believe otherwise. Many of them could care less about the paper they were given, instead they are ready for change. This why the Trumpsters are running scared, clutching their pearls, and voting for rich orange man. Change is a comin' and it's not drawn along the lines of color. Bernie is just the start.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

Edited by christopera (03/13/19 05:19 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25872242 - 03/13/19 05:36 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
Nah, they understand better than the rich and powerful give them credit for. It's ironic you believe otherwise. Many of them could care less about the paper they were given, instead they are ready for change. This why the Trumpsters are running scared, clutching their pearls, and voting for rich orange man. Change is a comin' and it's not drawn along the lines of color. Bernie is just the start.

Obama had those millennials fooled for almost his whole 8 year term, they couldn't believe they got the old screw job from their savior.

You do realize Trump was the most anti-establishment President in recent times?  The reality that he's a POS sellout is after the fact.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/12/18260271/trump-medicaid-social-security-medicare-budget-cuts

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/trump-2020-budget-proposes-reduced-medicare-and-medicaid-spending.html

Yes, there's change coming and it's not the good kind of change. It's not going to be pretty as the peasants are going to get cut off.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: qman]
    #25872252 - 03/13/19 05:41 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Says you, the guy who proclaimed Trump was doing the right stuff something like 6 months ago.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25872337 - 03/13/19 06:21 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
Says you, the guy who proclaimed Trump was doing the right stuff something like 6 months ago.

Is that so?  I've been extremely critical of Trump since day one, if you have evidence to show otherwise, let's see it.  :popcorn:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25439780/fpart/1

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25872422 - 03/13/19 06:53 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

That doesn’t mean you weren’t a card carrying member.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25872542 - 03/13/19 07:37 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
That doesn’t mean you weren’t a card carrying member.

Give it up mate, you're not going to win this debate.

From 2 years ago-

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24166693/fpart/1/vc/1

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25872641 - 03/13/19 08:18 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I’m not even going to spend the time to find all of your posts advocating Trump. It’s a waste of my time.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: qman] * 1
    #25873042 - 03/14/19 01:12 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Paul Ryan says several Democrats can beat Trump and that the President will not win if the campaign is being defined as about him as opposed to his policies. First, Paul Ryan is an asshole, but still. When has Trump ever done anything that is not about him? Is it even possible? Second, his policies don't give him much to run on. The tax cuts are less popular after people have had time to evaluate them. He decimated his own stock market gains. Their is a fairly strong anti-immigration sentiment with the public, but Trump has lost a lot of ground outside his base, by trying to force the wall with government shutdowns. The whole rah rah Israel and Democrats are anti-Jewish doesn't play with the public, except fundamentalists, who like Trump, have no liking for Jews except that they control Jesus' hometown. 

I think people now know him too well to reelect him.

There has to be a decent alternative, right now he would beat every D without much issue.

The Democrats have screwed up a lot of elections, so maybe, but I don't view Trump as any kind of a favorite. Hard to do polling till the Dem field narrows, but Trump's unfavorability has built up considerable momentum and wasn't good to begin with. Beating Hillary doesn't prove much.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #25873235 - 03/14/19 06:15 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I think Trump is going to have a hard time standing on stage and debating with the amount of ammo there is against him. Sure he can lie and squirm but that can only last so long. Sarah Huckabee Slanders won't be there to protect him.

I stand by this, if the Dems fuck up their candidate selection, I will vote for Trump. I'd rather take congress than have a half-assed Dem President. This isn't to say that I believe Trump will do a better job than a bad Dem President, not even close, it's just he's such a moron that he'd push congress to a Democratic control. That I believe is a bigger advantage than a sitting president.

--------------------

Edited by christopera (03/14/19 06:17 AM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
    #25873309 - 03/14/19 07:32 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

The debates will be a great platform for Donald president to talk about his favorite topic-himself!

Donald President could make silly faces the whole time and I really believe his base would love it.

Politics is a funny thing

--------------------

Rate me here

InvisiblePinkerton
Koanist

#25873442 - 03/14/19 09:12 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

christopera said:

I agree that millennials have really "gotten fucked in a lot of ways", but I don't hear many of them being critical thinkers, they are more officially "educated" in terms of college degrees than previous generations, but they have also been indoctrinated by the educational system in a lot of ways that has eroded their critical thinking skills.

I hate to generalize a whole generation of US citizens, but I don't think they understand how and why they've been fucked over.

Academics are well educated on how garbagey the state of our planet is in.
Where's the revolution?

Academics in majority repeat history and tries to get the most benefits they can.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Pinkerton]
    #25873457 - 03/14/19 09:19 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

I hardly consider humanities anything of substance.

You will find your educated college students in the sciences.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisiblePinkerton
Koanist

Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: XUL]
    #25873468 - 03/14/19 09:24 AM (5 years, 16 days ago)

You will find your educated college students in the sciences.

They're as priviliged as any other college student. I see no revolution. However their field is very state-of-the-art and sought after for any awakened human being.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order