Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: breeg89]
    #25866497 - 03/10/19 08:11 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Ha! I'm trying to get around to eating a farm of my fungus (alleni) and then watching jack and the coocooclock heart and April and the extraordinary world once I decide which I'm watching first. Maybe er can get together tomorrow? I don't do much really and got some good sunset og and a few other nice strains right now plus there's a few places where I know the vape exhale is available to use. If you're down shoot me a PM and let's figure this out :laugh: I'd love to go on a hunt with someone else for once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrigyn
Neato
Male

Loc: On 2 wheels somewhere
Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: tacodude]
    #25866678 - 03/10/19 09:57 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You want spores for cinctulus. Kelloggs Patio Plus soil has them and I think their Amend does too.
For sure the Patio Plus...

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #25866709 - 03/10/19 10:16 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tacodude said:
Yeah, but are they potent? I hear varying reports

The ones that aren't potent are a different species that are found in lawns.  Panaelus cinctulus never occurs in lawns.

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25866722 - 03/10/19 10:27 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

tacodude said:

The ones that aren't potent are a different species that are found in lawns.  Panaelus cinctulus never occurs in lawns.

I've only heard you say this recently - do you have new information?

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: Duggstar]
    #25866974 - 03/11/19 03:54 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Any idea what the one growing in the lawns are? Are they even identified?

Also I'd love whatever spores I can get, but I'm trying to figure out a proper reaction of poppy seeds as making tea twice a day is frustrating

Ps. Epic trip by the way... ended up eating a gram and a half or so

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
    #25867076 - 03/11/19 05:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

See what happens when i go for a hike and forget to check my office before bed and see what happened...

Alan i'm confused... are you drawing a thought that the ones growing in grass areas may be different than manure? I find them on fertilized lawns all the time with jet black spore prints and obviously cinct stems.  They're the same strength as the panaeolopsis i also find in grass.  I keep all my shit separated.  And i've experimented with each many many times.

The feel of the come up,  peak, general visuals etc all the same between all the panaeolous cinctulus and panaeolopsis.  Just different strengths gram for gram.

I hope that if there's a difference i can help get it sorted out...

--------------------

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: Origyn]
    #25867271 - 03/11/19 09:40 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Origyn said:
You want spores for cinctulus. Kelloggs Patio Plus soil has them and I think their Amend does too.
For sure the Patio Plus...

ORIGYN! long time buddy! How's life?  Have you been hunting this season?

I haven't even been hunting.  Ive been finding a shitload just working.  I have 2 alenii spots that have been CONSTANTLY producing all winter and finding cincts and panaeolopsis basically everywhere i look...

My new largest cinct was 23 grams wet before half of the cap snapped off prior to getting a photo :frown:

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25867751 - 03/11/19 02:46 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

That's makes me the cubensis whisperer, if they are near, I will find them.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #25868848 - 03/12/19 12:21 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Duggstar said:
I've only heard you say this recently - do you have new information?

Yes, a collection came in to the DNA sequencing workshop I taught in Seattle....That data combined with dung Panaeolus cinctulus sequence data and sequence data in Genbank is starting to come together to suggest this.

Quote:

tacodude said:
Any idea what the one growing in the lawns are? Are they even identified?

No idea.    Careful microscopy needs to be done, and also the microscopy needs to be compared with the many species of Panaeolus described since Gerhardt's monograph was published.  Unfortunately most of them are based on microscopy only.

Quote:

Steveinshell said:
Alan i'm confused... are you drawing a thought that the ones growing in grass areas may be different than manure?

Yes.

Quote:

I find them on fertilized lawns all the time with jet black spore prints and obviously cinct stems.

There are 170 species of Panaeolus with jet black spore prints, and surely many of those have cinct stems.

Quote:

They're the same strength as the panaeolopsis i also find in grass.

I wonder if they could be the same species.

Quote:

I keep all my shit separated. 

Good.  You should also add your photos to mushroomobserver.org and label each bag of dried mushrooms with the Mushroom Observer observation # so we can always tell which photos go with which dried mushrooms.  That way they will be useful for scientific collections.

Quote:

The feel of the come up,  peak, general visuals etc all the same between all the panaeolous cinctulus and panaeolopsis.  Just different strengths gram for gram.

Ancient work (maybe 40 years old) says that all Panaeolus species have various tryptamine alkaloids in addition to psilocybin.  I need to find the original source paper, I know they found serotonin.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25868890 - 03/12/19 01:20 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Righteous....

I'll start doing exactly that. I'm sure using my eye and eating them won't suffice as scientific in this or any other community.

I will start cataloging the different ones i know of that are coming up right now on mushroom observer.  Then drying them completely separate and sealing them as separate individuals rather than in big piles.

Then when you're done with the 20,000 hours of work it sounds like you already have on your plate... I'll be ready :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Steveinshell (03/12/19 01:21 AM)

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #25868924 - 03/12/19 02:08 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

If you can print and take pictures of the spores under a microscope I'm sure that would be extremely helpful.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25869438 - 03/12/19 10:37 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

No go on the microscope.

As for spores.. lol i have a pile of prints of various cincts a mile tall.  Now it's just a matter of making that part of my catalog.

I had a patch of grass cincts growing in the corner of my yard.  I fertilize often to say the least. I took a print from one of my monsters, did my outdoor prep and situated them on that patch,  about a month later i got 6 big cincts and the rest of the patch went dead.  I always wondered if the big ones sucked all the nutrients from that spot dry.

The grass ones came up consistently for almost a year,  then one flush of the big boys and nothing since... i also haven't revisited fertilizing that spot again,  but now that the massive rains seem to have passed i may do so just to see what pops up..

Problem being the fertilizer itself is probably loaded with spores.. ugggg. I'll just stick to the cataloging.

--------------------

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: Doc9151]
    #25869439 - 03/12/19 10:38 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
That's makes me the cubensis whisperer, if they are near, I will find them.

Cube whisperer ehhhh?  You're probably a psilocybe whisperer.  Ive seen your posts.  Not just cubes... you find everything.

--------------------

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25869451 - 03/12/19 10:43 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

If you and i are whisperers, i do believe that would make Alan the mushroom Gigolo... it doesn't matter what kind, if it has a cap and stem it screams and pays for alan's affection hahaha

--------------------

Edited by Steveinshell (03/12/19 10:48 AM)

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #25869854 - 03/12/19 02:24 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Why not pasteurize or buy pasteurized dung? A microscope too!

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25869921 - 03/12/19 02:42 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Well i was actually thinking about the trillions of spores currently floating around my yard after that enormous haul.  Since i went out and dumped the dust from my dehydrator and handled them for a long time cleaning all the manure off them... so pasturized or not, there's a black cloud of cinct spores back there lol so what i put out there will be infected.

Not to mention.  In reality i'm asking something quite absurd.  It's an outdoor grow and basically impossible to get accurate. 

I would have to have a far more controlled environment for it to be considered results.. or scientific results at the very least.

I'm going to have to just move on and always wonder if they just sucked up the nutrients..

I'm forbidden to grow indoors because my last attempt was over successful and the wife got nervous.  I figured i would have a high rate of contamination so i made 13 shoeboxes and ALL 13 went off with zero contamination on my first real attempt at growing indoors since college.  Which consisted back then of growing in vitro with spawn bags and syringes bought online,  usually a 50%failure rate.

But no.  She went in to my little area and said get rid of everything. After just 1 flush of each i'm good for a very long time. I mean VERY long time

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #25870026 - 03/12/19 03:22 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Alabama definitely get the poop and see what grows

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#25870173 - 03/12/19 04:36 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

tacodude said:

Pan. Cincts. Will grow anywhere they can.  That includes lawns.  Sometimes they’ll be blueing too.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Beefy a$$ cincts... [Re: lowbrow]
    #25870179 - 03/12/19 04:38 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah on that last batch i wish i had taken pictures but there was a fingerprint shaped bruise on the stem of one of the largest ones...

--------------------

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#25870193 - 03/12/19 04:46 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Nice haul, by the way.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck