Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
CannSell
    #25868085 - 03/11/19 05:44 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

This course is wack :foreheadslap:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: CannSell [Re: trendal] * 2
    #25868087 - 03/11/19 05:44 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

With a name like that it'd have to be.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: CannSell [Re: trendal]
    #25868088 - 03/11/19 05:45 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

I use Letgo is it similar?

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: ichugwindex]
    #25868090 - 03/11/19 05:46 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

No, its probably waayyyyy more interesting...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25868303 - 03/11/19 07:32 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

What does the course teach?

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: CannSell [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25868328 - 03/11/19 07:40 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

You need it to work in retail cannabis here.

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: psi]
    #25888238 - 03/21/19 02:04 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

So my employer has decided to upgrade my certification to the CannSell Expert category...

The first one was still wack...but this one is pulling up into a close second place :foreheadslap:

So I've got a job working in one of the first 25 stores in the province to legally sell cannabis. We're opening on April 1st - the first day we are allowed to. It's really been a shit show, so far...I applied at all of the shops opening in my city but the one I got is with a good company that looks to be the only shop in the city that will be ready on April 1. The other two are going to be fined by the government for every day after 4/1 that they aren't selling cannabis :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#25888262 - 03/21/19 02:20 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Not sure if the one near me will open on time. I have been buying from OCS all this time and I think people will be disappointing by the pricing. I guess the retailers must get wholesale rates but I doubt they are going to have much wiggle room to sell any cheaper.

There are a few brands with fair prices but availability has just been so bad. Maybe they have been saving it up for the stores, lol.

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25888266 - 03/21/19 02:23 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

last time I checked the OCS was sold out of the cheap no thc weed, they only had the expensive 50$ an eighth no thc weed, availability sucks

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

J♠
Male User Gallery

#25888280 - 03/21/19 02:29 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah, the pricing sucks right now...the supply shortages are to blame. We expect prices will come down into the $6-$12 range - that is what happened in the US states that have legalized.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: gopher]
    #25888283 - 03/21/19 02:33 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

The cheap stuff does come in often enough that you can stock up for a while. But at any given time it's unlikely to be in stock. I watch for announcements on /r/theOCS on reddit.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#25888301 - 03/21/19 02:42 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

I feel like the supply shortages are a bit fabricated. In February I got weed from last November (Liiv Easy Cheesy). Every shipment of this product the OCS gets sells out in hours to maybe a day, presumably because of this shortage, yet they manage to dig up some from November? WTF. I think supply is being manipulated to try to drive people to the $15-20/g nonsense.

Edit: not to be too much of a downer on this stuff, I also hope to see better prices and availability in the future. And congrats on the job.

Edited by psi (03/21/19 02:50 PM)

J♠
Male User Gallery

#25888332 - 03/21/19 02:54 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah...something fishy is going on with the OCS. It's really kind of ass-backwards - Tweed, for example, wants to open one of the shops in my city. Tweed is also a licensed producer. So in order to sell their own cannabis, they have to first sell it to the OCS, and then buy it back from the OCS to sell in their stores. Wtf?

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: trendal] * 1
    #25888346 - 03/21/19 03:00 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah that's pretty funny about the Tweed thing.

The Ontario PCs' policies all seem to be based around sticking it to group X and/or intentionally breaking some government run thing to try to demonstrate that government shouldn't run anything.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: CannSell [Re: trendal] * 3
    #25888404 - 03/21/19 03:29 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Yeah...something fishy is going on with the OCS. It's really kind of ass-backwards - Tweed, for example, wants to open one of the shops in my city. Tweed is also a licensed producer. So in order to sell their own cannabis, they have to first sell it to the OCS, and then buy it back from the OCS to sell in their stores. Wtf?

I work at Tweed in the greenhouse and I haven’t heard anything about this being a reality.
I don’t follow the whole legal horror show tho so I could be wrong, could have missed something.
I’ll work for the legal market but I still get far better quality buds from illegal avenues. Health Canada makes LP’s follow far far too many redundant ass backward no sense rules and growing parameters that effectively stop the legal producers from matching the the quality that illicit producers can pump out. Plus the fucking prices!? I’ll orobanly never use OCS and will probably use the store fronts extremely infrequently because the simple fact of the matter is the illicit market is creaming the fuck out of the legal market in terms of quality and price and I think it will forever.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: CannSell [Re: gopher]
    #25888412 - 03/21/19 03:34 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
last time I checked the OCS was sold out of the cheap no thc weed, they only had the expensive 50$ an eighth no thc weed, availability sucks

https://tryplainjane.com/products/cbd-hemp-flower

cbd hemp buds for $3 a gram.

I just got some in yesterday and they're not bad at all. I just mix in a pinch of high THC bud and it's the perfect mellow

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: Zombi3]
    #25888467 - 03/21/19 03:59 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

I think I read somewhere that the way Ontario had set it up, the only way to sell cannabis as a licensed producer was to sell it through the OCS. Likewise, the OCS would be the only source of cannabis for retail sale.

Tweed hasn't even won any licenses from the AGCO...they have to partner with a couple guys from Toronto who actually won the lottery...and even then, the AGCO requires the winner of the lottery to maintain a controlling interest in the store. I went to an interview with the guys who won, and they were more or less giving Tweed free reign in staffing, location, and set up. Tweed has some pretty big pockets, I take it :yesnod:

Side note: I've still got my Tweed bumper sticker from when I first went with them as a LP.
"A friend in need...
Has a friend in Tweed!"

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #25888481 - 03/21/19 04:04 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Why would you need a class? When I go to a dispensary all the people do is type the sale into the register and then swipe my credit card. I wonder what they're teaching you.

What is the benefit of working in a weed store? Does it pay better than working the register at K-mart? Is it a "cool" job to have or is it a good job?

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25888489 - 03/21/19 04:09 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

I think it's mostly because they aren't supposed to sell to you if you appear intoxicated. There is a similar course required here for people who serve alcohol or sell it retail.

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: CannSell [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25888498 - 03/21/19 04:15 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Here's an example video from "Lesson 6 - Growing to Packaging"...

Like I said...it's pretty wack!

Ask me again in 2 weeks, or after April 1st anyway. But...yes, the pay is generally much better working in the cannabis industry, at least in Canada. Yes, it pays a lot better than K-mart :wink:

Personally, I want to work in the industry because it is a new industry. I will be one of the first people in my province to sell cannabis at a retail level.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order