Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis * 2
    #25867028 - 03/11/19 05:10 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://hightimes.com/news/missouri-police-raid-hospital-room-stage-4-cancer-patient-using-cannabis/

Missouri Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis
Missouri voters approved medical marijuana in November. Unfortunately, nothing has been implemented yet.

A.J. Herrington Published 4 mins ago on March 11, 2019 By A.J. Herrington

SHARE TWEET
Police in Missouri searched the hospital room of a cancer patient Thursday night, looking for the medicinal cannabis being used by the terminally ill man. The search of the hospital room by Bolivar, Missouri police officers was captured on video by the patient, Nolan Sousley, who has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Sousley later posted the video to YouTube and shared it with a group of supporters on his Nolan’s Tribe of Warriors Against Cancer page on Facebook.

In the video, a police officer can be seen searching through bags in the room at Citizens Memorial Hospital while other officers and a hospital security guard watch. As Sousley narrates the video in real time, he mentions that the police had said he was going to be arrested.

“If we find marijuana we will give you a citation. We’re not taking you down to the county jail,” one of the officers says. “But we haven’t found marijuana so we’re not citing.”

Doctor Stands Up for Patient
At one point, Sousley’s physician comes into the room and challenges the actions of the law enforcement officers, asking them if they have probable cause for a search.

“Do you have the right to search his stuff? Or do you need a warrant for that?” she asks.

The police reply that they have been called to the hospital because someone had reported smelling marijuana in the room and a warrant is not necessary because they are on private property. Sousley replies that he doesn’t smoke marijuana, but admits that he had gone down to the parking lot of the hospital to take cannabis oil capsules. He also maintains that his doctor is aware of his cannabis use.

Sousley and his partner, Amber Kidwell, say that Kidwell gave police permission to search her bags. But Sousley did not let officers to search one of his, saying that it was his  “bag of medication, and I’m not letting them look through it.”

“It has my final day things in there and nobody’s going to dig in it,” he adds. “It’s my stuff. It’s my final hour stuff.”

Sousley’s doctor then asks him to turn off the camera so they can talk and the video ends shortly thereafter.

Cancer Patient ‘Highly Medicated’ During Police Raid
Reached by local media on Friday, Sousley said that he was “highly medicated at the time it all happened.”

“I hadn’t slept for days,” he said. “As a terminal patient, you always ask, ‘Is this the time I’ll fall asleep and not wake up?’ It makes it hard to sleep.”

Sousley said that after the camera was shut off, he eventually gave police permission to search his bag.

“I let him look in my bag,” Sousley said. “I did not have marijuana in my pack.”

Bolivar Police Department Chief Mark Webb confirmed that officers had searched the hospital room.

“Officers received consent for a search of the room, and nothing was found,” Webb said.

The chief said that while voters in Missouri voted to legalize medical marijuana in last November’s election, the state’s program has not yet been implemented and cannabis is still illegal.

“It’s still a controlled substance in Missouri,” he said. “It’s not legal yet.”

He added that supervisors would review video from police body cameras of the incident but that “no one’s being fired, and we have no plans to start an internal affairs investigation.”

Citizens Memorial Hospital said in a statement that it was  “unable to comment about any specific patient, their treatment or what was done or not done in any particular situation,” noting that smoking and vaping on hospital grounds was against policy.

“It is also our policy to call appropriate law enforcement any time hospital personnel see or reasonably suspect illegal drug use in patient rooms or otherwise on campus,” the statement said.

Sousley said that he is still upset by the situation.

“I’m sick of our country, the way it is right now,” he said. “I don’t support the rules they have written. I use cannabis to save my life. I have the right to try anything. How can they say I can’t? I have the right to live.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis [Re: sycodelix] * 2
    #25867118 - 03/11/19 06:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if they ever realize or care how horrible this makes them look. Stuff like this makes me feel like prohibition itself will contribute to its own undoing because the supposedly moral underpinnings come out.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis [Re: CountHTML] * 1
    #25867729 - 03/11/19 02:36 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

From what I've read this guy was using CBD pills, which are legal in his state.

Someone at the hospital must have called the cops on him, then the cops claimed they could "smell cannabis" which justified a search of this dying cancer patients room...

Seriously fucked up. I hope this dudes family sue the shit out of those cops, you can't put a price on peace of mind for a dying mans final days, and this guy could just have weeks or days left.

They need to sue those cops into oblivion as a lesson. Otherwise they will never learn from this behavior if they keep getting away with "paid leave" or transfers to a new police station.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
Re: Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis [Re: CountHTML] * 1
    #25867797 - 03/11/19 03:06 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:
I wonder if they ever realize or care how horrible this makes them look. Stuff like this makes me feel like prohibition itself will contribute to its own undoing because the supposedly moral underpinnings come out.

They're never thinking about PR. These are cage collector's for Christ's sake. This is the arm of LE that not only steals all your material possessions, but human beings, for non-violent personal ingestion decisions that has no effect on another human.(right now just under 50% of America's prisons sentence was defined by this)

They in no way, shape, or form fulfill the definition of a human. Biggest gang, insurmountable thieves, and factually by far the lead human traffickers operating in this country.All performing " legally " and without a drop of consciousness of reality.

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Edited by O_Dweeds (03/11/19 03:19 PM)

OfflineCott
Old mate
 User Gallery

Loc: Brown Town
Re: Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #25868352 - 03/11/19 07:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Makes me sick, they are just gang members in uniform. Protecting nothing but their own egos.

Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Re: Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis [Re: Cott]
    #25868544 - 03/11/19 09:16 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

@ O_Dweeds i wholeheartedly agree!  I've kept it mostly to myself,  but explained to wifey how many times i've seen LE destroy families - entire units of family over bullshit,  and she looked at me like i was a pariah... perception is so hard to change from my concrete jungle youth and her Andy Griffith, oh shucks,  neighborhood sheriff she grew up with.  Was really fucked up they did that, but smart family took video... no honor in that

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order