Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug
    #25853569 - 03/05/19 05:54 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I predicted that this would happen... There going to do the same thing with Cannabis and psychedelics... Mark my words, you'll see... 40% of the FDA's budget is funded by the pharmaceutical industry so how in the world could we ever expect them to work for us?

The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug that will cost You $32,500 each month

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #25853578 - 03/05/19 06:05 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Where have you been? The drug was approved almost a year ago, and FDA has considered CBD a controlled substance for decades.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineLeAto
Listener

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: badchad]
    #25853610 - 03/05/19 06:38 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

@badchad

It fits Nikon Addicts world view so they take it as a profound truth...  Sadly if you look at that site they linked, its nothing but clickbait...  Its probably some random health-nut's personally coded page that uses no form  of peer-review or editorial process..

~ LeAto

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

#25853632 - 03/05/19 06:52 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Where have you been? The drug was approved almost a year ago, and FDA has considered CBD a controlled substance for decades.

Can you provide a link that says the FDA considered making CBD oil a controlled substance decades ago? Because I found no story dating back decades or implying they wanted to control it decades ago using google... The FDA and DEA considered doing so within the past two years... For decades? and as far as the drug goes, there are a number of drugs that were derived from cannabis... This is going to happen... And Monsanto Bayer are going to supply Cannabis... They've already got GMO seeds...

Psychedelics? Same thing... Psychedelics will be made by pharmaceutical companies...

Anyway, please direct me to a link... Thanks...

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: LeAto]
    #25853646 - 03/05/19 07:01 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LeAto said:
@badchad

It fits Nikon Addicts world view so they take it as a profound truth...  Sadly if you look at that site they linked, its nothing but clickbait...  Its probably some random health-nut's personally coded page that uses no form  of peer-review or editorial process..

~ LeAto

You have 130 posts since 2008? And I'm supposed to take you seriously?

~~~~~Nikon Addict

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: Nikon Addict] * 1
    #25853668 - 03/05/19 07:19 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

Can you provide a link that says the FDA considered making CBD oil a controlled substance decades ago? .

Sure. The original Controlled Substances Act.

"(16) The term ''marihuana'' means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. Such term does not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination."

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

OfflineZyiadem
Smokes Catnip
 User Gallery

Loc: Intn'l Waters
    #25853760 - 03/05/19 08:14 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry brotato, but most of your cbd's come from plants other than cannabis, same goes for most terps in dab/oil.

--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25853813 - 03/05/19 08:45 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zyiadem said:
Sorry brotato, but most of your cbd's come from plants other than cannabis, same goes for most terps in dab/oil.

Right, but for the most part (with few exceptions) the CSA schedules substances, regardless of origin. If you did scientific research and wanted to study CBD, you'd need a schedule 1 license. Look it up at Sigma Aldrich yourself.

--------------------

OfflineHigh Night Expanse
Vast Embrace ♬
Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25853821 - 03/05/19 08:50 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

What do you mean about other plants being involved with canna-oils?

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: High Night Expanse]
    #25854126 - 03/05/19 11:34 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah muchacho i don't think CBD comes from any other plant in large enough amounts.

it was recently in newsfeed that CBD was found in hops but in very small amounts..

Also in newsfeed GMO yeast produce cannabinoids, but is not yet used, commercially.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: ellomello]
    #25854322 - 03/05/19 01:25 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This is so sketchy...

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: ellomello]
    #25854354 - 03/05/19 01:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

Zyiadem said:

Right, but for the most part (with few exceptions) the CSA schedules substances, regardless of origin. If you did scientific research and wanted to study CBD, you'd need a schedule 1 license. Look it up at Sigma Aldrich yourself.

Except there is absolutely a legal distinction for CBD from cannabis vs hemp. It was sort of a grey area for years but seems to have been solidified lately.

Quote:

High Night Expanse said:
What do you mean about other plants being involved with canna-oils?

Terpenes are found in all sorts of plants, so most of the reasonable priced terpenes out are non cannabis derived. Ones extracted from cannabis cost like 10x as much.

And most of the CBD out is derived from hemp.

Quote:

ellomello said:
Yeah muchacho i don't think CBD comes from any other plant in large enough amounts.

it was recently in newsfeed that CBD was found in hops but in very small amounts..

Also in newsfeed GMO yeast produce cannabinoids, but is not yet used, commercially.

He was almost certainly talking about hemp. Also I heard that hops story was BS, doesn't seem like it has been verified so far. CBD yeast probably won't take too long though.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: musiclover420]
    #25854380 - 03/05/19 02:04 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:

Except there is absolutely a legal distinction for CBD from cannabis vs hemp. It was sort of a grey area for years but seems to have been solidified lately.

CBD is a molecule. It is a chemical, and the structure does not change depending on origin.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25854582 - 03/05/19 03:57 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

CBD is a molecule. It is a chemical, and the structure does not change depending on origin.

Hemp is legal to farm, cannabis is not, CBD is scheduled as a cannabis product, CBD derived from hemp is exempt in some cases.

Inversely THC is schedule 1 yet there is pharmaceutical THC that is schedule 2 when sold in pill form: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dronabinol

Quote:

On May 13, 1986, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued a Final Rule and Statement of Policy authorizing the "rescheduling of synthetic dronabinol in sesame oil and encapsulated in soft gelatin capsules from Schedule I to Schedule II" (DEA 51 FR 17476-78). This permitted medical use of Marinol, albeit with the severe restrictions associated with Schedule II status.[13] For instance, refills of Marinol prescriptions were not permitted. At its 10th meeting, on April 29, 1991, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in accordance with article 2, paragraphs 5 and 6, of the Convention on Psychotropic Substances, decided that Δ⁹-tetrahydrocannabinol (also referred to as Δ⁹-THC) and its stereochemical variants should be transferred from Schedule I to Schedule II of that Convention. This released Marinol from the restrictions imposed by Article 7 of the Convention (See also United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances).

So laws aren't always just about chemistry :shrug:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#25854733 - 03/05/19 05:12 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You should read the most recent statementfrom the FDA Commissioner about it.

Some excerpts: "In short, we treat products containing cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds as we do any other FDA-regulated products — meaning they’re subject to the same authorities and requirements as FDA-regulated products containing any other substance. This is true regardless of the source of the substance, including whether the substance is derived from a plant that is classified as hemp under the Agriculture Improvement Act."

You're correct the farm bill legalized hemp. However there is a lot to sort through. Generally speaking, you can't make any types of health or drug claims about anything unless its an approved drug. So CBD products claiming health benefits would be under FDA jurisdiction depending on how they are advertised. That is hardly unique to CBD though.

Now, its even more complex because CBD is an FDA approved drug. Generally speaking, you can't sell FDA approved drugs in any form, regardless of claim. I can't sell viagara as a spice, incense etc.

All this is separate from scheduling which is handled by DEA. Generally substances themselves are scheduled. Two exceptions come to mind, THC (the FDA-approved version is scheduled, while THC remains schedule 1.) The other exception is GHB. However, these cases are rare and illustrate my point. FDA approved CBD is scheudule, while the rest remains schedule 1.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25854790 - 03/05/19 05:40 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

two exceptions come to mind, THC (the FDA-approved version is scheduled, while THC remains schedule 1.)

Did you not read my post?

Quote:

Inversely THC is schedule 1 yet there is pharmaceutical THC that is schedule 2 when sold in pill form: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dronabinol

Anyways the FDA is not the end all authority when it comes to legal matters, the point was a substance can be the same chemically and have different rules depending on the source, IE hemp vs cannabis or pharmaceuticals vs plants.

Anyways I think you misunderstood my first post anyways.

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

I wasn't talking about a "structural" difference in the molecule, but the legal distinction which is once again in a sort of grey area.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #25854829 - 03/05/19 05:57 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Cbd is Federally a schedule 1 drug. It was legalized in my state in 2014. The feds could still shut down cbd dispensaries here. article is retarded. Cbd is already controlled substance

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25855491 - 03/06/19 02:52 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

It is indeed schedule 1 sadly. I think mostly because big pharma wants it, which theyve made clear

But yes CBD and THC have both been schedule 1 forever now. In many states you can get CBD easily in headshops, high quality products too, and i guess they wanna stop that so only big pharma makes those products. Disgusting really considering its not even psychoactive

Just pure greed

I think the reason its a grey area is it just isnt enforced usually. But technically its illegal. Like how in ohio theres that article about the huge cbd bust on the headlines right now

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineLeAto
Listener

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: Fractal420]
    #25855613 - 03/06/19 05:33 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

@Nikon Addict

Maybe if you went and trolled my back posts you might take me seriously...  I usually don't say much unless someone is seriously misguided...  I don't trust newer accounts with tons of posts because they typically burn out and leave before they really matter...  Also have you ever heard of pm, easier openly to talk over messages than on a forum...  This might have something to do with my post count as well el'douche....

~ LeAto

Edited by LeAto (03/06/19 05:42 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The FDA intends to make CBD Oil a controlled drug [Re: LeAto]
    #25857568 - 03/07/19 03:14 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

OR maybe theyre trying to learn how to grow shrooms. When i was new i posted a whole lot in the mushcult thread. Now i mainly check out the dank threads and consult teks when needed

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds