Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop
    #25854664 - 03/05/19 04:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://hightimes.com/news/ohio-highway-patrol-confiscates-55-gallons-cbd-oil-during-traffic-stop/

Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop
Despite the lack of psychoactive effects, CBD is a controlled substance in Ohio.

A.J. Herrington Published 1 day ago on March 4, 2019 By A.J. Herrington
Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop Courtesy of the Ohio State Highway Patrol
SHARE TWEET
State troopers confiscated 55 gallons of CBD oil last week after discovering several buckets of the hemp extract during a traffic stop, according to a press release from the Ohio State Highway Patrol. The driver and a passenger of a U-Haul truck that had been pulled over for a “marked lanes violation” on Interstate 70 were arrested and taken into law enforcement custody.

Troopers observed “criminal indicators” during the traffic stop just after noon on February 25 in Muskingum County, about 60 miles east of Colombus, according to police. After an OSHP drug-sniffing dog alerted to the vehicle, a “probable cause” search of the moving van was conducted and troopers discovered eleven plastic buckets containing 7,040 liquid ounces of CBD oil, with an estimated value of $165,000.

Both the driver, Joshua Sellers, 37, of Providence, R.I, and the passenger, Richard Defedele, 37, of North Kingston, R.I., were charged with possession of a schedule 1 substance, a first-degree felony. If the men are convicted, they could face up to 11 years in prison and a fine of up to $20,000.

CBD Tightly Controlled in Ohio
Despite the legalization of hemp and CBD at the federal level with the 2018 Farm Bill, cannabidiol remains a controlled substance in Ohio. In December of last year, state regulators announced that CBD from any source fell under the auspices of the Ohio medical marijuana program that was passed into law by the legislature in 2016. With CBD now considered a form of medical marijuana, the Ohio Board of Pharmacy said that products with cannabidiol would only be allowed to be sold by licensed cannabis dispensaries.

“All marijuana products, including CBD oil, can only be dispensed in a licensed Medical Marijuana Control Program dispensary,” the notice reads. “Those marijuana products will have to comply with the rules and regulations of the program. All products must have a known source, as well as known quantities of active ingredients. Testing procedures will be conducted by testing laboratories licensed by the Ohio Department of Commerce.”

“Until dispensaries are operational,” the board wrote, “no one, including board licensees, may possess or sell CBD oil or other marijuana-related products.”

That announcement came despite the fact that retailers across the state had been selling CBD products for years, leading some shop owners to liquidate or remove their stock of CBD goods and others to openly flout the new rules.

Alison Rinehart, the manager of the High Up Head Shop in Columbus, told local media in December that the CBD products sold at her shop should not be confused with marijuana.

“None of our products are derivative from cannabis in any way, shape or form. They come directly from hemp,” said Rinehart. “They all have certified insured lab reports behind them as well. There’s no THC content in them whatsoever.”

E.R. Beach has sold CBD supplements at his four Hemptations pipe shops in Dayton and Cincinnati for seven years. He told local media that he did not intend to stop selling them because of the ruling from the Board of Pharmacy and issued a challenge to police.

“They [law enforcement] are going to have to charge me, and if they charge me, it’ll be for possession of marijuana, and when they test the product, they’ll find that it’s not a marijuana product,” he said. “They could do that at any time.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: sycodelix]
    #25855168 - 03/05/19 09:13 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Great. :sad:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: CountHTML]
    #25855479 - 03/06/19 02:28 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Its fucking CBD lol. What the fuck ohio? To be fair someone sold me some CBD bud there which was kind of a rip, so maybe they need to control how their cbd is being sold

But damn these cops acting like they took some big seizure of a dangerous drug off the street. Lol.

Also pretty sure most CBD oil does not actually come from hemp? i mean i dunno i dont make CBD but i heard regular hemp isnt too good as a source of cbd, so they make hybrids with MJ plants cause they have better buds?

Either way imagine going to jail on felony charges for fucking CBD

"Until dispensaries are operational no one may possess CBD" fucking nazis

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (03/06/19 02:36 AM)

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: Fractal420]
    #25855778 - 03/06/19 07:33 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

They'll walk free. They will spend money and lose their oil likely, but I guarantee that the search was illegal. Ohio cops bend and break those rules, but the people up that ladder follow the book in cases like this. Illegal seach and seizure all day. As long as they didn't give permission to search, the dog don't hold in court.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: Failboat]
    #25857573 - 03/07/19 03:22 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Ohio cops are still in fascist mode. Even NYPD is starting to realize they have to act right or face consequences. Its up to the people and the PD to actually have the public and police trust each other. In places where fucked up arrests go unchecked, they just keep on being corrupt as fuck till something changes

Alot of ohio people i met (mostly older) tend to be a strange mix between hippie and redneck but i feel like many of them trust the police

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (03/07/19 03:49 AM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: Failboat]
    #25866749 - 03/10/19 10:43 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quirkmeister92 said:
the dog don't hold in court.

Dogs definitely hold up in court, that's why they use them.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Ohio Highway Patrol Confiscates 55 Gallons of CBD Oil During Traffic Stop [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25869228 - 03/12/19 08:59 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

They shouldnt as they can be manipulated to trigger. Ridiculous. Let em try using cats

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules