Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content
    #25847649 - 03/02/19 11:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Whats up everyone. So Im new to the whole cactus cultivation world and am looking at getting some seeds. I noticed there are a ton of different strains and variation in the strains themselves; I believe this is called cultivars... available and don't know which would be the best for alkaloid content. I guess my question is are they all relatively similar or are there actual differences and which are the best?

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #25847713 - 03/02/19 12:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Cannot really say.  I like peyote for it's wide spectrum of alkaloids far beyond than it's simple mescaline.

I'm not into pure chemicals much.  Nature is a profound teacher, then devil at times.

Pedro seemed to have a more narrow alkaloid profile.  I enjoyed torch the best.

These are defensive cacti and make people mean compared to peyote.  Peyote is much more covert in nature.  Some spikes on column cactus are just plain and simple mean.

I believe plants sense a lot of things.  Our hunger is mean to those and they are there for food.  These are starvation allies.

It's difficult to develop starvation intelligence.  That's the basis of enlightenment and why a 40 day fast was helpful for a very very few.

The stories are more important than the science of the drug.  We could breed plants for any trait to dominate we want...but we will always lose something in doing that.

Right now I have the coffee shakes and some people get twitchy from these cacti.  That or they use these cacti to get off of ayhuasca.

It's all a bit overwhelming for society and not clearly addressed as cultural issues seem a bit confusing to mass propaganda.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25847762 - 03/02/19 12:45 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

It's already so hard to dose cactus that isn't peyote.  The small doses don't have a body buzz generally.  The body buzz is the best part.

Losing your mind you feel no body.  SO it's easy to forget what to protect.

I didn't use my cactus correctly and paid a price for that.  I'd probably get busted teaching if I did use it correctly so all happens in good faith.

--------------------

OfflineMrCraggles
 User Gallery

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25847782 - 03/02/19 12:53 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Is it safe to take very high doses of mescaline? I've never had it but if I did I'd want to take a dose that would be comparable to 7/8g penis envy. What sort of dose would that be? But I read somewhere high doses of mescaline are dangerous? Is this true?

I bought my first cactus last year. A brigesii. I read that's the best/most consistent .It'll be a few years before it will be big enough to use. I also bought San Pedro seeds as a project for the future me to reap the rewards.

Im going to buy a tonne of cactus online and do a mescaline extraction. There's no way I'd be drinking that tea and starting the trip with extreme nausea and vomit!

So are high doses safe? I've read vasoconstriction can become problematic?

Edited by MrCraggles (03/02/19 12:57 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: MrCraggles]
    #25847788 - 03/02/19 12:58 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Those are psychological reactions.

It's not well understood by me why there can be so much physical reaction to mental distortion.

A great deal is preparation of these material.  Heat affects some of these alkaloids and how it's prepared has a lot of effect.  Not many people want to down a foul tea...which I didn't find so foul as difficult to prepare.

Sometimes the hard part is ingesting and then the magic happens.  I'm not into extracts myself.  I've had some of those.

It's really a primitive technology that encompasses a lot of our collective conscious.  It's harder to get a high dose of mescaline off these cacti than just playing around with them.

Very illegal too.  They aren't specifically listed as banned items yet because there are 70 cacti that produce varying amounts of mescaline.  The other alkaloids in non-mescaline cacti appear just as powerful.

These cacti can do a lot of damage socially.  Vision quests are best alone.  Otherwise we get on each-others nerves or bond in ways that become organized crime.  Usually a mix.

--------------------

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #25847917 - 03/02/19 02:14 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure about all the strains, but i've been taking the "cactuskate" variety of bridgesii and it hasn't disappointed me so far. bridgesii is a great choice in general - san pedro can supposedly go higher on occasion but it's highly variable. bridgesii is very reliably potent.

i'm pretty resistant to psychedelics in general, but mescaline seems to be breaking those barriers down. my first trip was about 45 grams dried of bridgesii (including core, skins, even the waxy coating... oops.) that was enough to blast me to a new level i'd never reached before, like a high level 3 or so. was seeing strong visions in my mind, very clear compared to normal, weird ways of thinking, time seemed messed up, etc.

i took about 33ish grams the other trips and had a good time but not as strong. a couple days ago i took about 50-53 grams dried and that fucking skyrocketed me to what had to be around level 4. i saw visuals for the first time when closing my eyes, intriguing fractals and the like. the visions came back even clearer than before, and i had a great time. the trip lasted for over 28 hours before finally coming down completely. :lol: only problem with mescaline is that it seems to make me very aware of my messed up shoulder - it didn't "hurt" exactly but it was an annoying sensation like being mildly electrocuted constantly. for some reason mescaline always does that but shrooms don't.

30 grams i hear is a general "medium" dose of bridge (or the equivalent in tar, which obviously will be much less - more like 8-10 small "tar balls" around the size of a 0 capsule. 45-60 grams is getting into pretty heavy territory.

san pedro can be very potent or near dud depending on...well, everything. i hear peruvian cactus is generally the weakest of the 3 main ones. bridgesii is your best bet in general. generally a foot of mature bridge or pedro (fresh cactus) is a medium dose, or 2 feet is a very heavy dose. the reason they both are the same "length" despite bridgesii's lower weight is that pedro tends to get a lot fatter than bridgesii.

mescaline is a very strange psychedelic. i've heard how people say they seem to have ESP like abilities and mess with linear time - i've encountered the latter for sure. sometimes it felt like i went around the timeline of the universe twice then came back to the same spot. first time it felt like i had experienced something then it happened 15 minutes later, leaving me rather confused.

it also seems to make me very thirsty. i swear i can't seem to get enough water when tripping on the stuff, my mouth just dries up right after again. XD obviously be careful not to drink TOO much water, but stay hydrated.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Psion]
    #25849174 - 03/03/19 06:39 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys and Psion, for the detailed reply.

I ended up with 14gs of tar which I probably evaporated in the oven for slightly too long. Its pretty dry, but still barely sticks together. Thats going to be my first cacti experience once I have the chance to do it. Its bridge as well.

--------------------
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinetwigglez

#25849213 - 03/03/19 07:13 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:

I ended up with 14gs of tar which I probably evaporated in the oven for slightly too long. Its pretty dry, but still barely sticks together. Thats going to be my first cacti experience once I have the chance to do it. Its bridge as well.

Achuma is a very powerful teacher, let her guide you. Care to share your preparation method?

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: twigglez]
    #25849370 - 03/03/19 08:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Congratulations man
What a sweet and profound teacher and my personal favorite
Don’t go into it expecting anything and let us know how it goes

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

#25849952 - 03/03/19 03:17 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

twigglez said:
Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:

Achuma is a very powerful teacher, let her guide you. Care to share your preparation method?

It was actually very simple. I have to give credit to Pandemoon, he helped. Its just a simple water extraction. I boiled for roughly 24 hours, maybe less off and on. I just kept adding water when it reduced down to plant material. When it was getting really brown, I reduced it down one more time till there was about 2 cups of liquid. I ran that through my kava straining bag, I believe it is a 90 micron filter bag a couple times. I then discarded the plant material. I then reduced the liquid down to a syrup consistency and dumped it into a small pyrex casserole dish. I then put it in the oven at 250 degrees for about 35 minutes til it was a tar consistency. I started with 22 grams dry with the cores and outter skin being removed. :cool:

--------------------
qtests.org

Offlinetwigglez

#25850807 - 03/03/19 09:55 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Heat may degrade alkaloids that potentiate the trip, see this thread for other alkaloid information, the links dont work, but the information is still good. I would recommend a full spectrum extraction next time with low heat. https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19485951

OfflineGrungeman17
Male

Loc: usa Flag
    #25850865 - 03/03/19 10:13 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

To each there own way of preparation, but the logistics of the cacti consumption are what they are for a reason, I have tried it a few ways and always the most bang for my specimens is a slow brew, patient brew with freeze and thaw. I am never surprised when there are constantly raised questions about cacti potentcy while their prep methods are full of processing features and shy away from traditional proven methods. Trichocerus bridgedessi has a pattern of more consistant potentcy from my experience and from what I read alot of others. The gates that are crossed drinking the wretched sludge are the doors to the clean slate, they have had that effect on my experiences to the point of noting digestion improvements in the weeks that follow. I do believe the cacti brew is actually good for the body, and I get feelings during my experiences that make me feel like that those reasons are why it is naturally intemded to be consumed that way.

--------------------

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Grungeman17]
    #25851032 - 03/04/19 12:06 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Tea is a good method.  The more you do it the more you develop a method that works for you.  I'm in the low temp + long brew time camp.  12 hours minimum and never let it come to a full boil.  Gentle simmer all the way.  It should still be green when you're done.  If the tea is brown or black then you burned it.  I would never want to do a chemical extraction, but thats just me.  To each their own.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinetwigglez

Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Grungeman17]
    #25851111 - 03/04/19 01:40 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

After discussing with a lot of people here, I think the best method is using a cheese grater, shred the cactus, freeze that, put it in a crockpot on low, add some organic lemon juice and distilled water to cover and an inch or two more, cook with lid on for 24 hours, strain the cactus shreds, remove lid and evaporate to a manageable amount of tea or you can fully evap. to an amberish taffy and some salts. This is considered 1 pull. I've done batches like this between 2-4 pulls, 2 is all you need in my experience with this method, but I've noticed that the 2nd pull was much weaker then the first, but contains other alkaloids that will potentiate the first pull, so mix them together in equal parts before consuming.

Edited by twigglez (03/04/19 01:42 AM)

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

#25851172 - 03/04/19 03:49 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Everything I have read says mesc is very stable under heat especially at the low temp of boiling water. Im not concerned at all about that. I could post link after link if you want, but a simple google/ddg search and you will see how stable it is.

--------------------
qtests.org

Edited by Aiko Aiko (03/04/19 03:52 AM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25851341 - 03/04/19 07:33 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

There's more to cactus than mescaline, just like there is more to cannabis than THC.  Burn off the extras if you want.  It will still make you trip.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineGrungeman17
Male

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Cacti strain variation for alkaloid content [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25851405 - 03/04/19 08:29 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

When I drink tea, The first onset of effects are actually non-mescaline alkaloids that have an intoxifing feeling coupled with argueably detoxifying like purges. I've felt like i've had felt grit under my skin, and a weird tastes of metal. After the initial onset of alkaloids. After that time 90 minutes or so. The intoxifying heavy feeling has subsided as I have dropped the weight of the purge and have replaced and drank more at least after 1 time puking. Things begin to clear up, the mescaline begins to unfold itself,I focus on clean feelings of my body, my health, and well being. I focus on a clean slate. And enjoy the longevity of the experience for coming through those hard gates.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules