Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheTossOut
Stranger
Questionary
    #25848011 - 03/02/19 05:18 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hello, and first off, let me just say that I dearly love you all. You've been much help to people close to me and myself for many years, and you're all so fucking amazing.

You can skip this part if you'd like, as it isn't really important unless you want context for the seemingly random post.
Now, on to business. A friend of mine has been attempting to "fix" his PTSD and better himself to be a productive member of society, as his is pretty severe to where he is limited in daily activity because of it. He cannot hold a typical civilian job because of the aggravations the symptoms cause, and is too articulate for any psychiatrist to admit he cannot function normally or up to par in modern day society. He has told me how badly he wishes to fix this and turn his life around to become a "regular" person and experience life as a normal day to day American civilian, without pesky little things like hypervigilance flashbacks, unbearable irritation in mood 24/6, lossy memory, and constant dissociating getting in the way. He explodes for little to no reason and spends a lot of time crippled in depression with no motivation or purpose, and sees very little to no value in himself and just cant seem to get over what life is for him. It's a right mess, it is. 

Now; the purpose of the post
So, he has been seeing a doctor of his that is new in town, and he is trying to get his own formula for his medicine down and working correctly to overcome such hindrances as he has in his life. He has been thus far unsuccessful. The same results seem to happen every time.
He informs me that he has followed an amalgamation of TEKS from this very site, aggregating the information across them and applying the most effective methods observed. Completely sterile conditions, no windows, hair nets, you name it.
He informs me that he is just starting this still, after three failed attempts, and has syringes to work with until inoculation of these, where he plans to proceed with agar based things in the future.
Some form of contamination is a for sure, and after plumbing through many of the sacred texts, he cannot seem to place his finger on what seems to be a common problem.
I am here to ask, what the Hell is going on with this stuff? Dates on jars are correct. Have been in monotub since.

These guys right here

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questionary [Re: TheTossOut]
    #25848039 - 03/02/19 05:30 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Your jars are contaminated clear as day. Upload pics here. Don't go on with the my friend crap

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineAmuseman
Mechanical Elf
I'm a teapot

Re: Questionary [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25848113 - 03/02/19 06:07 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

"Contamination Forum" would be helpful

--------------------
PM me if you have P. Makarorae (or know where to get some)!! <3

Offlinegizmodo
Woodland Creature
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Behind You
    #25848198 - 03/02/19 06:49 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Don't go on with the my friend crap

Additionally I would toss those and start over.
Make sure its you that does it this time and not your friend.
Start working and understanding agar and you'll have a much higher chance of success.

:derfase:

--------------------

One must be mindful to maintain their balance on the slippery earth.

Bod's Comprehensive Agar Resource
Gizmodo's Market Stall
Say No To Grow Kits

Edited by gizmodo (03/02/19 06:50 PM)

OfflineTheTossOut
Stranger
Re: Questionary [Re: gizmodo]
    #25849165 - 03/03/19 08:31 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

yea I'm wondering what contamination it is specifically so i can figure out why it keeps happening. We kno0w its contaminated.

OfflineSubfinder
Wildlife enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #25849177 - 03/03/19 08:41 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Doesn't matter what the contamination is...it's irrelevant. The cause is most likely that you're not using agar to clean up your culture.

Offlinegizmodo
Woodland Creature
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Behind You
Re: Questionary [Re: Subfinder]
    #25849355 - 03/03/19 10:47 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

The most important thing is to get your procedure down correctly, identifying potential routes of contamination through knowledge and understanding of the procedure is paramount.
This way you will be able nail down what you are doing to minimize the introduction of a contaminate in the first place.
Knowing exactly what you've got is cool but generally it can just be simplified into bacterial or mold.
The search bar on the forum here will help you quite a bit, there's a plethora of information out there for you.

--------------------

One must be mindful to maintain their balance on the slippery earth.

Bod's Comprehensive Agar Resource
Gizmodo's Market Stall
Say No To Grow Kits

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25849387 - 03/03/19 11:04 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheTossOut said:
yea I'm wondering what contamination it is specifically so i can figure out why it keeps happening. We kno0w its contaminated.

The kind of contamination wont help you figure out why you're letting contamination into sterile work.

If one contamination is in your jar the possibility that any contamination could have got in exists. Contamination in grain jars means you made a fuck up somewhere during sterile technique. They may very well have multiple contaminants in the jar perhaps only one really took off tho.

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

InvisibleMr Piggy
I'm fine.
Other User Gallery

#25849406 - 03/03/19 11:17 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

As someone who deals with the kind of PTSD you're talking about, it's a lifetime kinda thing.  Once you're in the club, you're in for life.

Counseling and exercise help a hell of a lot more than mushrooms do for me.  The micro dosing wasn't enough to even touch the irritation.

Don't be looking to mushrooms to be your PTSD magic slipper.  You've got a long road of hard work to try and stabilize yourself, don't invest too hard in shortcuts.  Mushrooms should just be one small tool in many for dealing with PTSD.

All that said, the occasional mid-heavy trip seems to help.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation