Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be
    #25843030 - 02/28/19 09:20 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Bestival
Gareth Davies
28 FEBRUARY 2019 • 3:42 PM
The boyfriend of Louella Fletcher-Michie - the daughter of Holby City actor John Michie - has been found guilty of her manslaughter after supplying her with the party drug 2-CP. In the case involving the first known death resulting from the drug, the jury at Winchester Crown Court heard how Ceon Broughton was accused of the manslaughter by gross negligence and supplying her with the substance.

Yoga and dance teacher Ms Flether-Michie took the class A drug at Bestival in Dorset on September 10 2017 and died in woodland an hour before her 25th birthday.

Rapper Broughton, 30, filmed his girlfriend for more than an hour on his phone, even continuing to film when she had passed out and died.

The prosecution claimed the defendant failed to take reasonable action to get medical help for Ms Fletcher-Michie, but the defence argued there was no way of knowing whether or not this would have saved her life.

Former Coronation Street star Mr Michie, 62, and his wife Carol Fletcher made a 130-mile journey to the music festival as their daughter was dying in a wooded area just 400m from medical facilities. She died an hour before they arrived.

The defendant showed no emotion as the verdict was announced by the foreman of the jury and the court received the announcement in silence.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/28/rapper-boyfriend-guilty-manslaughter-supplying-daughter-holby/]https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/28/rapper-boyfriend-guilty-manslaughter-supplying-daughter-holby/[/url]

Edited by downlowfunk (02/28/19 09:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: downlowfunk]
    #25843064 - 02/28/19 09:33 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

wonder if he knew it was 2c-p? maybe they misunderstood 2c-b as 2c-p.

2c-p in pretty esoteric, more so for a young rapper, if he was into psychs why not go with a more well known one?

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: downlowfunk]
    #25843066 - 02/28/19 09:34 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Redicolous laws.  If drugs where legal this guy might not be a "rapper"(rap glorifies illegal drug dealing) and this girl would have had proper drugs that make her trip and not die.  2cp is an research chemical easier to get than shroom extract, or real lsd.

Edited by downlowfunk (02/28/19 09:44 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25843072 - 02/28/19 09:37 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Ignorance plagues drug culture even among professionals.  The professionals know the practice more than the substance.  Doctors strait up ignore shit and get to be very rude so this is common on the street as well.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: downlowfunk] * 1
    #25843121 - 02/28/19 10:02 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

I doubt they were picking and choosing. It probably got sold to them as "molly", or even acid considering the potency and effects of 2c-p, and they had no idea what they were taking.

I had people offer me powders as "mushroom extract" that reagent testing showed to be a mescaline analog and not even a dmt analog.

Or even if the supplying party correctly identified the drug, they probably didn't care or know the differences. Most people have no idea about the halogenated and alkylated mescaline analogs and the differences between them, at most they have heard the name 2c-b and probably don't realize there is a series of different drugs. They might have even asked for something really powerful, or that seller gained a reputation as having powerful shit, people who don't know any better will seek that out or view at as some kind of challenge...toxic masculinity in action.

I was thinking the same thing as you though, 2c-p is some heavy shit. But they were at a festival.

But considering the relative safety of 2c-b, and how dangerous 2c-p can be, it probably was 2c-p.

And downlowfunk is absolutely correct, every death from an RC can be directly attributed to the war on drugs, because nearly every single RC ever to come to market has done so in an attempt to circumvent drug laws. Even if said RC is currently illegal, it would have never been created en masse otherwise. Or if they had, they would be correctly dosed and labeled. And if not for the war on drugs, PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE SCARED TO GET HELP DURING DRUG OD's.

I mean, I can't imagine not getting somebody help, my own fate be damned. God knows I've called 911 enough times for people who needed it, luckily I've never gotten in trouble because of it, but getting into trouble was the last thing on my mind at the time.

But I do understand that this fear does prevent people from getting help for their friends all the time, and it's ridiculous that people are often prosecuted as a result of trying to save someones life.

And unless this guy is famous. I don't know why he is being identified as a rapper at all, this is not objective journalism, it's not like when white guys are featured in articles like this they identify them as "mcdonalds fry cook", "office temp", or "garage band drummer".

Edited by Holybullshit (02/28/19 10:15 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25843130 - 02/28/19 10:06 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

I could run a mass coectrometer all day.

In court they have to say what the drug is.  They usually say suspected but must prove in trial or documents.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25843269 - 02/28/19 10:51 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Oh god 2c-p, out of the regular 2cx compounds, i find alot of them to be awesome phens, but 2ce and especially 2cp, holy shit, that stuff lasts so long, and its very potent. I mostly have experience with 2ce due to duration but i hear its the same thing with longer duration

Erowid: 2C-P is a synthetic psychedelic with effects similar to, but longer and more visual than, those of 2C-E. It is uncommon and has only a short history of human use.

Threshold
unknown
Light
2 - 5 mg
Common
6 - 10 mg
Strong
10 - 16 mg
Heavy
16+ mg

For 2cx that is fucking potent. I think 2cc is the most chill psychedelic there is, 2cb is great too. Common doses of 2cb would be like 20mg, so 2cp is really potent considering how long it lasts also

As far this story, its fucking horrific. That motherfucker i would say is guilty of manslaughter? Keeps on recording after she is even dead? What the fuck!? This is precisely where 2CP does not belong: in the hands of people like this, pure potent phens that are used to kill their "loved ones".

There are safe ways to use most RC's but this is a perfect example of people who dont deserve to have access to these powerful, novel-ish compounds (since 2c's have been around for like 40 years now)

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Fractal420]
    #25843307 - 02/28/19 11:00 AM (5 years, 30 days ago)

He was probably all fucked up, won't get any education in prison and will be judged harshly.

She was at fault too for being sympathetic to abnormal drugs and abnormal people.  These are some strange compounds that obviously people enjoy taking and not studying.

I don't think however a flat out ban is appropriate as it leads to these sort of misadventures.  Professionals usually want to know nothing about these as they don't usually have experience.  They want to go home and nuke their dinner too.

--------------------

OfflineTekLogiX
Old Skool Shroomerite
Male

#25843516 - 02/28/19 12:30 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

I'm all for legalizing drugs.. With that being said, why the fuck would you film your girlfriend like that?  idiot

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: TekLogiX]
    #25843567 - 02/28/19 12:48 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

^thats basically my reaction. Plus the fact that some rapper is giving his gf 2cp but he clearly didnt have anywhere near as much if any at all. This was more about just poisoning this woman, rather than both tripping equally.

(Clearly if one is gonna consume 2cp, it should be on purpose and carefully, at the dose you want)

"The defendant showed no emotion as the sentence was handed down"

There you go, it doesnt matter whether it was 2cp really or some lysergamide, the point is the guy is a fucking sociopath lacking a conscience

Alot of the time i hear "if it was LSD, this wouldnt have happened" like LSD is the one safe psychedelic. If you have an asshole like this it doesnt matter too much what drugs are used. Could have been anything. Sure LSD doesnt have the same kind of toxicity but imagine how much 2cp had to be used, and i doubt this rapper was told its molly and to take 100mg. Anyway he could see how his gf is reacting, probably Not well.

I do not think 2cp should be banned or anything. But i do think this guy does deserve to be in jail for his actions

PS: isnt dorset where hofmann invented lsd come to think of it? Whole thing is tragic

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (02/28/19 12:56 PM)

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25843625 - 02/28/19 01:15 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:

I had people offer me powders as "mushroom extract" that reagent testing showed to be a mescaline analog and not even a dmt analog.

Yah but what if it was Reese's shroom cups with xxmg psilocybe concentrate per cup? Bought at a licensed vendor at a rave?
[Quote]
And downlowfunk is absolutely correct

YUP

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25843685 - 02/28/19 01:39 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

I would always be the gentleman and do more drugs than my girlfriend.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: TekLogiX]
    #25843837 - 02/28/19 02:44 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

TekLogiX said:
I'm all for legalizing drugs.. With that being said, why the fuck would you film your girlfriend like that?  idiot

In the first article it states the girl asked him to film her while tripping.

That is still no excuse for filming over an hour until she was dead though.

I wonder if a full video will ever be released, it might help with some insight into exactly what happened.

Though I'd have to agree with you guys, the dude does sound like a sociopath.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Fractal420]
    #25844052 - 02/28/19 04:08 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:
Redicolous laws.  If drugs where legal this guy might not be a "rapper"(rap glorifies illegal drug dealing) and this girl would have had proper drugs that make her trip and not die.  2cp is an research chemical easier to get than shroom extract, or real lsd.

In this day and age psychedelics are so available that I don't think you can blame this on the drug war. Real lsd is easily available on the internet these days as well as 1plsd. If she wanted a proper drug sh
Quote:

Fractal420 said:
^thats basically my reaction. Plus the fact that some rapper is giving his gf 2cp but he clearly didnt have anywhere near as much if any at all. This was more about just poisoning this woman, rather than both tripping equally.

(Clearly if one is gonna consume 2cp, it should be on purpose and carefully, at the dose you want)

"The defendant showed no emotion as the sentence was handed down"

There you go, it doesnt matter whether it was 2cp really or some lysergamide, the point is the guy is a fucking sociopath lacking a conscience

Alot of the time i hear "if it was LSD, this wouldnt have happened" like LSD is the one safe psychedelic. If you have an asshole like this it doesnt matter too much what drugs are used. Could have been anything. Sure LSD doesnt have the same kind of toxicity but imagine how much 2cp had to be used, and i doubt this rapper was told its molly and to take 100mg. Anyway he could see how his gf is reacting, probably Not well.

I do not think 2cp should be banned or anything. But i do think this guy does deserve to be in jail for his actions

PS: isnt dorset where hofmann invented lsd come to think of it? Whole thing is tragic

Yes, drugs being legal would not necessarily have prevented this. What makes you guys think they would chosen to do LSD instead? LSD is extremely available these days not to mention they could have bought 1pLSD online also. There is a whole host of drugs they could have used and if drugs were legal that wouldn't change.

In other words, you are assuming they used 2cp because they couldn't get anything else or because it was sold to them as something else but nowhere does the article say that and in today's day and age I find it hard to believe they couldn't get anything else.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Peyote Road]
    #25844073 - 02/28/19 04:16 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

downlowfunk said:

In this day and age psychedelics are so available that I don't think you can blame this on the drug war. Real lsd is easily available on the internet these days as well as 1plsd. If she wanted a proper drug sh

Not the case at a festival necessarily though. And if drugs were legal they could have easy drug testing booths set up for everyone, as well as make it more likely for people to seek medical help without fear of legal repercussions for using scheduled substances.

Also drug education is a big one that prohibition has slowed down by decades. It goes beyond just what drugs are available, yes she could have found real LSD or she could have gotten an Nbom sold as acid.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: musiclover420]
    #25844090 - 02/28/19 04:22 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

I've known dumb hippies to sell mystery chems.  Still out to get them for that too.

--------------------

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25844584 - 02/28/19 08:10 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Interesting that a rapper is spending his time making research chemicals.

Oh wait, nvm they're just charging him with manslaughter, not the person who gave it to him, or who gave it to that person. Fucking stupid how that works. You're looking for someone to blame *BOOM* found on.e

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: Peyote Road]
    #25844665 - 02/28/19 09:03 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

For one, it is very hard to die from LSD, that's the point, 5x a strong dose of LSD = not dead. 5x(or less, in some cases) a strong dose of 2cp = dead. We don't know the details of her death, it is possible that for all intents and purposes, especially to those unfamiliar with such drugs who might be more experienced with partying on alcohol, that she appeared to go to sleep.

And "Molly" doesn't even mean "MDMA" anymore to many people, they couldn't apply a chemical name to it, it just means powder with psychedelic/empathogenic effects. And it rarely comes with dosage instructions other than "this shit is strong, be careful".

Obviously I believe it is your responsibility to take care of anyone you give drugs to, and I don't have a problem with people who don't being held accountable by the legal system, but I won't be so quick to condemn his character. Honestly, no offense, but the fact that you refer to him as a rapper with a derogatory tone is a bit telling about your own possible prejudices at play here.

And as I say in my next post, people's stupidity, ignorance, and bad decisions are amplified by the war on drugs. If a tiny sliver of those resources were used teaching people about responsible use then we wouldn't see so many cases like this.

Edited by Holybullshit (02/28/19 09:43 PM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #25844693 - 02/28/19 09:23 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Yes, drugs being legal would not necessarily have prevented this. What makes you guys think they would chosen to do LSD instead? LSD is extremely available these days not to mention they could have bought 1pLSD online also. There is a whole host of drugs they could have used and if drugs were legal that wouldn't change.

In other words, you are assuming they used 2cp because they couldn't get anything else or because it was sold to them as something else but nowhere does the article say that and in today's day and age I find it hard to believe they couldn't get anything else.

For one, the 2c's were only originally brought to market to circumvent drug laws. And RCs are often sold without the buyer knowing what they are recieving(or the seller for that matter, if it has exchanged enough hands).

If the war on drugs were ended then its possible that only low toxicity drugs would be legalized, and drugs of high toxicity and/or very little existing data/research would not. And as long as effective drugs were available at a reasonable price people would not generally seek out more dangerous drugs.

Two, if the war on drugs were ended and the resources were instead focused on EDUCATING the public about the dangers of substance abuse, with a focus on responsible drug use, then less stupid decisions like this would be made.

Three, I highly doubt they were able to comparison shop and chose 2c-p. Whether or not they could have found something different with more effort is moot, this is what they were offered and this is what they ingested, obviously without being aware of the dangers and safe practices. If the war on drugs were ended not only could distribution of drugs be regulated, but research shows that when given a choice users gravitate towards safer drugs, all other things equal.

LSD is not always extremely available, at every moment, they probably just went looking to score and this is the first thing that they came across. 2cp wouldn't even be on the market is if weren't for the war on drugs, and even today dangerous drugs like this can only compete with safer alternatives because of supply chain restrictions and the fact that drug users can't comparison shop and are generally ignorant.

I don't know the details of this case, but they aren't important, whether or not you can argue this specific case wouldn't have been prevented by ending the drug war and replacing it with responsible, effective policy concerning drug use doesn't matter, because thousands of situations like this one could undoubtedly be prevented by doing just that.

I will say that I am sad to see so many people here jumping to conclusions about this man. I am not declaring his innocence, or defending his character, but it says he filmed her for an hour, even after she had passed out. Not that he filmed her for an hour after she had passed out. He was filming at her request. We don't know that he forced her to take a large dose, she could have dosed herself for all we know. He could have been quite fucked up as well and making poor decisions because of it, he may not have been aware that she was in danger, and just thought he was filming his sleeping girlfriend. We don't know what really happened. If he did just go right on partying, knowing she needed help, that's one thing, but we don't know that's what happened.

I will say though that I do believe you are responsible for those which you provide drugs to, and people need to be held to that standard, both legally and ethically. With that said, not everyone has this same modus operandi.

Edited by Holybullshit (02/28/19 09:32 PM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Rapper boyfriend guilty of manslaughter after supplying daughter of Holby City actor with 2-CP at Be [Re: paradoxlost]
    #25844751 - 02/28/19 09:47 PM (5 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

paradoxlost said:
Interesting that a rapper is spending his time making research chemicals.

Oh wait, nvm they're just charging him with manslaughter, not the person who gave it to him, or who gave it to that person. Fucking stupid how that works. You're looking for someone to blame *BOOM* found on.e

Honestly, this makes more sense to me than charging a dealer who isn't with you when you take it. If you give someone drugs to ingest in your company, you need to be prepared to take care of them. Just as I wouldn't give someone drugs to ingest out of my sight unless I was absolutely sure they would consume it safely. And this has nothing to do with the law, just my own ethics at work.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale