Home | Community | Message Board


Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMandarinfish
Ninja
 User Gallery


Registered: 01/27/15
Posts: 1,037
Last seen: 46 minutes, 45 seconds
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #25839829 - 02/26/19 08:54 PM (26 days, 5 hours ago)

In Canada, we can now all legally have 4 Cannabis plants.  :crazy2:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
Deep down in the ocean blue
 User Gallery


Registered: 05/09/14
Posts: 1,029
Last seen: 1 day, 8 hours
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN] * 2
    #25839833 - 02/26/19 08:57 PM (26 days, 5 hours ago)

Switzerland also has healthcare for its citizens. It would not be in their nature to experiment with how little you can possibly pay a worker and still have him show up to work. I have no problem with my taxes paying for social programs, the problem is that I'm paying corporate wage obligations. There are people who have jobs, who work long hours and still need these programs to survive because they aren't being paid enough. Should I pay Amazons workers, or should Amazon pay its own workers? They make huge untaxed profits with the help of me supplementing their growth.

I would love my tax money to go to healthcare instead of war after war, shit that goes nowhere. Subsidies for mega corporations.

You are talking about poor people and rich people in moral terms exactly as I described earlier. There is no meritocratic element to capitalism. It is a mechanism, like a door hinge, it is not capable of making moral judgments. I won't even address the comment about "weddlock" except to say that I got quite a laugh about it. Like poor people are bad for having children, that is a huge part of being a person, its not a special privilege you should have to buy into. Of course they don't know how to manage money, they've never had any, and shoddy 5th rate public schools in alabama are hardly teaching them how to read, let alone invest.

It's pretty easy for you to sit up there in your maple leaf tower, with your universal healthcare and your legal weed, and wax sentimental about American capitalism, but I don't think you know what your advocating for.


--------------------
"You will laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are."
--Piccolo

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadValley
Stranger than Most
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/29/18
Posts: 392
Last seen: 1 hour, 49 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25839856 - 02/26/19 09:05 PM (26 days, 5 hours ago)

Canada. Hands down. Bigger better cheaper cuter poutine (yes, poutine) nicer people doughnuts. The sea is fucking cold though.


--------------------
Go on kid, give the wheeze a squeeze.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Registered: 01/11/15
Posts: 6,310
Loc: Ontario Canada
Last seen: 2 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25839917 - 02/26/19 09:33 PM (26 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
Switzerland also has healthcare for its citizens. It would not be in their nature to experiment with how little you can possibly pay a worker and still have him show up to work. I have no problem with my taxes paying for social programs, the problem is that I'm paying corporate wage obligations. There are people who have jobs, who work long hours and still need these programs to survive because they aren't being paid enough. Should I pay Amazons workers, or should Amazon pay its own workers? They make huge untaxed profits with the help of me supplementing their growth.

I would love my tax money to go to healthcare instead of war after war, shit that goes nowhere. Subsidies for mega corporations.

You are talking about poor people and rich people in moral terms exactly as I described earlier. There is no meritocratic element to capitalism. It is a mechanism, like a door hinge, it is not capable of making moral judgments. I won't even address the comment about "weddlock" except to say that I got quite a laugh about it. Like poor people are bad for having children, that is a huge part of being a person, its not a special privilege you should have to buy into. Of course they don't know how to manage money, they've never had any, and shoddy 5th rate public schools in alabama are hardly teaching them how to read, let alone invest.

It's pretty easy for you to sit up there in your maple leaf tower, with your universal healthcare and your legal weed, and wax sentimental about American capitalism, but I don't think you know what your advocating for.




acctually, in switzerland health insurance is privatized. you are forced to get it though. and the government offers subsidies to poor people. but its much better than the canadian system for example. where the government even has a monopoly on selling alcohol in many provinces.

nobody is obligated to pay a certain wage. nobody is forcing you to work there at gunpoint. its a volentary transaction. you are selling your labour. your employer is your business partner not your servant.

when you give the government the power to give subsides, then lobbyist can try to get subsidies to further their interests.  by advocating for big gocernment you are allowing these corruptions to take place. an institution cant be corrupt if it doesnt exist.

corporate bailouts are not capotalistic. they are not only uncapotalistic but redistributive and totally antithetical to what im promoting. you should be blaming the government for that not the market.

im not saying poor people are of less moral value. you are trying to smear me as uncaring. im simply pointing oit the fact that in a free society the choices you make contribute to your economic standing.

the fact that capitalism is unable to make moral judgement is what makes it maritocratic. the things that people are willing to volentarily pay for, being sold at at a competitive price are produced and made widely available. you have to generate something of value.

they arent bad for having children. its a statistical fact that people who have children outside marriage are more prone to being poor. the brookings institute is left winged. they arent trying to promote conservative family values they are pointing out a fact to address the problem of being being poor.

www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/opinions/three-simple-rules-poor-teens-should-follow-to-join-the-middle-class/amp/

www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/amp/


yeah public schools do suck. we have agreement there. i want privatization so dont blame me for public schools.

my healthcare sucks. i went to the hospital with my arm cut open and they said i couldnt get in for atleast three hours (its not uncommon to wait more than twice that in an emergency room) my friend waited six hoirs with a ruptured kidney. these are anaecdotal but here is something.

the supreme court of Canada found it unconstitutional for quebec to ban private health insurence because people were dying from wait times for screenings and opperations and stuff and a pannel of people can decide to stop covering you and let you die if they decide ita not worth it for the government. that violates the right to liberty. i do know what im advocating for. im advocating for freedom. economic freedom but also other freedoms. like the freedom of association and the right to your property. capitalism is the most moral system.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonyap

Registered: 06/30/07
Posts: 33,024
Loc: Planet Piss
Last seen: 5 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN] * 4
    #25840036 - 02/26/19 10:25 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

BANANA.MAN said:
Quote:

Konyap said:
nobody is entitled?
we pay taxes
the last thing they should go torwards is making wealthy people richer

there are jobs out there that haven't had a wage increase in decades, jobs that don't even provide health insurace, so all the money you make goes back to paying for doctors
this country isn't that great, our only strength really is not having to go to war too often



nobody is entitled to anybody elses money. people in higher tax brackets pay more. thats redistribution. the government is taking peoples money at gunpoint and giving it to other people. and not only is it detrimental to the economy, its immoral..




those people make that money off the backs of workers
and no they do not have their money taken away, the richest companies get corporate welfare from the gov't, the richest of the richest assholes with monopolies don't get taxed at all

to put things in perspective if the owner of amazon paid every single one of his workers 100k
he'd still have 4 billion dollars left over

Did I say people in the gov't deserve 80k/100k paychecks of course not
but we the people deserve better than what we got now
and right now we work our asses off for very little money and the people that do get lucky aren't the majority
something has to be done to ensure the welfare of the worker, we deserve basic necessities for survival, even something as small as day care subsidies, doctor/dentist subsidies, anything, our gov't sits on 15 trillion dollar GDP and makes it 1 trillion in debt every year so it can get contractors in foriegn countries money
that's all our gov't does and it doesn't even make a profit for the people it services

I say we tax the fuck out of everyone unless they're investing that money into workers or materials
we should tax the ever living shit out of them after they make a few mill a year if they aren't actually spending to to build the economy up


Edited by Konyap (02/26/19 10:29 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Registered: 01/11/15
Posts: 6,310
Loc: Ontario Canada
Last seen: 2 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Konyap]
    #25840068 - 02/26/19 10:36 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
Quote:

BANANA.MAN said:
Quote:

Konyap said:
nobody is entitled?
we pay taxes
the last thing they should go torwards is making wealthy people richer

there are jobs out there that haven't had a wage increase in decades, jobs that don't even provide health insurace, so all the money you make goes back to paying for doctors
this country isn't that great, our only strength really is not having to go to war too often



nobody is entitled to anybody elses money. people in higher tax brackets pay more. thats redistribution. the government is taking peoples money at gunpoint and giving it to other people. and not only is it detrimental to the economy, its immoral..




those people make that money off the backs of workers
and no they do not have their money taken away, the richest companies get corporate welfare from the gov't, the richest of the richest assholes with monopolies don't get taxed at all

to put things in perspective if the owner of amazon paid every single one of his workers 100k
he'd still have 4 billion dollars left over

Did I say people in the gov't deserve 80k/100k paychecks of course not
but we the people deserve better than what we got now
and right now we work our asses off for very little money and the people that do get lucky aren't the majority
something has to be done to ensure the welfare of the worker, we deserve basic necessities for survival, even something as small as day care



workers enter into a voluntary deal where they sell their labour. the investor is taking on the risk. if it doesnt work out (and in a free market, many things fail. only most innovative, highest quality and lowest cost goods and services make it) then they take the loss. the worker isnt taking any risk.

amazon created all those jobs. what jobs have you created, let alone jobs with 100k salaries.

it would be better if we fully embraced capitalism. look at my charts that i linked to showing how many people have been lifted out of poverty and how much gdp has been produced as a result of economic freedom. not to mention all the innovation that occurred during and since the industrial revolution.

but even if that werent true, why do you deserve it? what have you done to deserve it? because you are asking other people to do things for you for free. what have you done? nobody is entitled to anybody else's wealth. you gain wealth through voluntary transactions.

i believe in negative rights. things that cant be taken away from you, like freedom of speech, right to self preservation, freedom of association, right to life, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure. i dont believe a right is something somebody has a responsibility to give to you for free.

the government giving money to corporations is totally antithetical to what im promoting. i agree its bad for the government to give money to corporations.

i believe everybody should own their own labour and the fruits of their own labour.

the government is what creates the monopolies by subsidising certain corportations. thats the governments fault. not the market.

i am a strong believer in charity btw. not theft at gunpoint.


--------------------


:bananadance:
Click Me

sunshine said:
"I used to know a guy who said no worries"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

"I know more than him about 2C-B" 


Edited by BANANA.MAN (02/26/19 10:41 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25840102 - 02/26/19 10:52 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

the smaller you are the riskier it is to run a business


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Registered: 01/11/15
Posts: 6,310
Loc: Ontario Canada
Last seen: 2 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated]
    #25840107 - 02/26/19 10:56 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

if you want to talk about making things riskier for small businesses there is a whole boatload of regulations, red tape and high taxes that cripple small businesses.

if you have something to offer that is innovative, high quality and reasonably priced then you can succeed. and maybe a bit of luck, you have to implement your business at a time when there is demand for it. many companies have been started in garages like apple.


--------------------


:bananadance:
Click Me

sunshine said:
"I used to know a guy who said no worries"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

"I know more than him about 2C-B" 


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25840114 - 02/26/19 11:01 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

And tons of ways around it for big business


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated]
    #25840115 - 02/26/19 11:01 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

like apple

and I didnt say start I said run


Edited by cannabinated (02/26/19 11:03 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Registered: 01/11/15
Posts: 6,310
Loc: Ontario Canada
Last seen: 2 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated]
    #25840132 - 02/26/19 11:08 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
And tons of ways around it for big business



well they can afford to go through it all thats the thing. small business owners might not be able to. they have slim to no profit margins when they first start a company and they dont even know if the company is going to take off and they probably invested a good portion of their money into it. the government should stick to protecting life, liberty and property and stay out of the market.


--------------------


:bananadance:
Click Me

sunshine said:
"I used to know a guy who said no worries"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

"I know more than him about 2C-B" 


Edited by BANANA.MAN (02/26/19 11:09 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonyap

Registered: 06/30/07
Posts: 33,024
Loc: Planet Piss
Last seen: 5 hours, 52 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25840195 - 02/26/19 11:55 PM (26 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

BANANA.MAN said:

blah blah blah blah I'm too cheap to pay my full time workers real wages blah blah blah






Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25840214 - 02/27/19 12:13 AM (26 days, 2 hours ago)

I would tend to agree about the freedom thing.

But almost all billion dollar industries leave an irreversible wake of destruction on society and the environment

The bigger you are the more eggs u crack and the easier it is to burn the omelette that is... everything

And with the way things have been going, the way big business has been merging with big government and how the wealth gap has been widening year by year, we all hafta step tf up and think about where we're going instead of always leaving in up to the absolutely corrupted.

From the media to the food chain everything is contaminated. And so are you if you refuse to believe it.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFiery
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/12
Posts: 9,332
Last seen: 12 days, 7 hours
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #25840229 - 02/27/19 12:27 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Make it rain on the desert.



life is only forever.

Anyone who ever says that you only live once is lying.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShenmue
Stranger
Registered: 12/21/18
Posts: 266
Last seen: 4 hours, 6 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25840231 - 02/27/19 12:29 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
America is not all it's cracked up to be. Parts of it are outright disgusting. We have a perverted form of capitalism that I would describe as extremist. Our democracy is a joke. A person working in a factory and saving to buy a home can expect to be laughed out of the bank, meanwhile A giant religious organization that attacks freedom and promotes the abuse of children is allowed to own huge swaths of land without paying a penny in taxes. That's america, money to the rich, power to the powerful, slavery for the rest.




Sounds like something a lazy person would say.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #25840233 - 02/27/19 12:30 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

sounds like a troll bot


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFiery
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/12
Posts: 9,332
Last seen: 12 days, 7 hours
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated]
    #25840238 - 02/27/19 12:35 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
sounds like a troll bot



She does.


It's a vica versa.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShenmue
Stranger
Registered: 12/21/18
Posts: 266
Last seen: 4 hours, 6 minutes
Re: Canada vs America [Re: cannabinated]
    #25840255 - 02/27/19 12:55 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Lol I'm the one trolling? I understand some people are born poor but you can definitely fix that problem. If you have a low paying job do something about it! If someone is poor their entire life in the USA its usually their fault.  That's all I'm saying..  The advantage household in America made 59,039 in 2016. Its probably even more in 2018. I'm sorry but that not a poor country..


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFiery
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/12
Posts: 9,332
Last seen: 12 days, 7 hours
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Shenmue]
    #25840256 - 02/27/19 12:57 AM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
Lol I'm the one trolling? I understand some people are born poor but you can definitely fix that problem. If you have a low paying job do something about it! If someone is poor their entire life in the USA its usually their fault.  That's all I'm saying..  The advantage household in America made 59,0

Poor people live on the edge of life.


Edited by Fiery (02/27/19 02:15 AM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 01/03/13
Posts: 4,921
Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Fiery]
    #25840301 - 02/27/19 02:01 AM (26 days, 21 minutes ago)

easy for a robot to say


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* America
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lemon_lw 4,197 66 07/31/05 11:35 AM
by lemon_lw
* Anyone from Canada?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
kit_kat 3,510 103 01/30/06 11:05 AM
by Yarry
* Jane Austen's Fight Club nanomagnetic 405 5 07/30/10 10:04 PM
by WakeboardrB
* *Bush disrespecting Canada (I'm starting to love you guys)*
( 1 2 3 all )
spacedragon 6,901 48 09/13/03 02:02 PM
by Gus
* Moving to Canada
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Kid_Orgo 6,733 72 10/05/03 02:58 PM
by dastats
* HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL FELLOW CANADIANS
( 1 2 all )
Tien 3,223 24 07/02/05 10:11 AM
by trendal
* Canada can go suck it!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Delyrium 19,189 197 04/14/16 08:46 PM
by akira_akuma
* Leaving America
( 1 2 3 all )
Adom 4,199 44 08/25/03 06:52 PM
by pattern

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,269 topic views. 1 members, 57 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2019 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 17 queries.