Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewatermelon mon
Willow trees
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: South Ontario Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25838189 - 02/26/19 05:08 AM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I thought Canadians were known to be super nice/polite? Im hella confused now.

nope

what a joke is all i think outside of nature :thumbup:

--------------------
:dazedandconfused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: staytrippy420] * 2
    #25838913 - 02/26/19 01:35 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

The Canada of the 90's is not the Canada of today.  We've basically been more "americanized" the past 15 years. :smirk:

I like Canada because of my free health care I've had the luxury of using all my life.  From stitches on my knee and head as a kid, to a broken ankle as an adult, to burns, a fairly bad car accident, times I was super sick, one time I was worried about a rash lol.....there has been countless times I relied on it.  It has always treated me good and removes financial stress about being healthy.  I cant even imagine an alternative.

I love Canada for the raw outdoors.  I'm a more northern rural cat myself...and the outdoor recreation and the entire culture around outdoors as a whole...I love that about Canada.  On the flip side, I'm sure their are certain states or areas of the US that share similar traits.

I love how our population is spread out and how much space there is in between us all. Put this in perspective...

My home province of British Columbia, is 2X the size of California.  B.C.'s population is 4.7 million.  The entire country of Canada has 36 million people.  California has 39 million people alone. :eek:

I one day hope to travel Canada properly.  Its massive and isnt overcrowded.

What I dont like about Canada:

-outrageous cell phone plans
-expensive taxes and utilities
-expensive internet
-outrageous gas prices
-best merchandise and deals as a whole, come from the USA
-our dumb gun laws
-our stupid long and cold winters in many places of Canada
-short summers

What I like about the USA:

When it comes to cities, different cultures, and urban things to see and do...there is so many things to be found in the USA that simply cant be found in Canada.

Way more people.  Meaning, you have probably 10x more smoking hot, cool ass women than we do. Lol. I fell really hard for an american woman once.

Love your gun laws in states other than California lol

Love the prices of everything.  I've thought very seriously of getting citizenship somehow and buying a house in Montana or something.  So much cheap real estate.

My big turn offs of the USA:

-the tensions and level of violence in some areas.  I dont understand it, I'm not "street smart" and frankly, the thought of travelling  to certain areas, let alone living there, worries me.  The over abundance of school shootings, serial killers, terrorist attacks, etc.  Being the biggest toughest kid on the playground, attracts that shit generally I find

-the certain individuals who over do it with patriotism.  "My moms vagina spit me out in this particular corner of this floating rock in space...there for it's the best. Hoorah!" :smirk:  obviously, a lifetime of conditioning and indoctrination exacerbates this 10 fold.  I understand loving your country...at the end of the day, we all are products of environment and most of us will be proud of where we come from, but when its overkill for me, I dont dig it at all.

P.s.  our national support is Lacrosse, not hockey.  And it is one of the most aggressive, violent and beautiful and fun games out there today.  I played as a kid a bit.  Super fun.  Especially box lacrosse.

--------------------

Edited by Masked (02/26/19 05:03 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Inter-Stellar UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Masked] * 1
    #25839285 - 02/26/19 04:57 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Great breakdown of the differences. I dig it :solidnod:

OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Loc: Ontario Canada
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BlazeGlassDabs]
    #25839332 - 02/26/19 05:20 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

I like my country but its not the best. USA is. they have a first and second amendment. its written into our charter of rights and freedoms that the government can place limits on free expression (and free speech isnt protected seperately from free expression which means free speech can be limited. and it has been in my province). The whole constitution of the united states is built on individual liberty. there has never been a greater country in History. now the government hasnt always done the best job of upholding theconstitution. but that just goes to show why individual liberty and limited government are important. the government sucks and the founding fathers knew that even the united states government could become tyrannical which is why they made the constitution so robust.

I would like to move there

i wish we had a more free market in Canada too but Canadians love their government monopolies so i dont see any improvement any time soon. america has pretty regulated markets anyway too. not as bad as Canada but still not the best.

BTW, Canadian legal weed is way too expensive and yes totally dry. i could get better weed for less money on the black market. the government sucks. an open market always does a better job.

--------------------

:bananadance:
Click Me

sunshine said:
"I used to know a guy who said no worries"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

"I know more than him about 2C-B" 

Edited by BANANA.MAN (02/26/19 06:29 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Inter-Stellar UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25839348 - 02/26/19 05:30 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Interesting :takingnotes:

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
Deep down in the ocean blue
 User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25839395 - 02/26/19 05:51 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

America is not all it's cracked up to be. Parts of it are outright disgusting. We have a perverted form of capitalism that I would describe as extremist. Our democracy is a joke. A person working in a factory and saving to buy a home can expect to be laughed out of the bank, meanwhile A giant religious organization that attacks freedom and promotes the abuse of children is allowed to own huge swaths of land without paying a penny in taxes. That's america, money to the rich, power to the powerful, slavery for the rest.

--------------------
"You will laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are."
--Piccolo

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Invisiblelife is good
nature girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25839462 - 02/26/19 06:22 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Wtf?

Compare that with Syria. Russia. Saudia Arabia. China. Africa....

Mexico.

Yeah, Canada and America are about the same. Differences of course.

--------------------
my songs:
shiva                                   
my fav                                     
datta

I didn't draw this.

"Hope your day is as wonderful, loving, and kind as you are."
:heart:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Canada vs America [Re: life is good]
    #25839480 - 02/26/19 06:30 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

America is pretty shit if you don't have someone to support you, working 10 hours daily is mandatory for the majority of people.

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
 User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: life is good] * 3
    #25839496 - 02/26/19 06:41 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

life is good said:
Wtf?

Mexico.

I don't give a fuck about those places. This is the country i live in, this is the only country whose buisness I need to worry about. I'll criticize my own country all I fucking want. I've heard more than enough bullshit from stupid, star spangled, flag waving morons. People who pretend like america can do no wrong are the cause of this country's problems.

--------------------
--Piccolo

Invisiblelife is good
nature girl
Female User Gallery

#25839503 - 02/26/19 06:44 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

You don't "give a fuck" that genocide is going on in other places?

You dont think the rest of the world is connected to you?

--------------------
my songs:
shiva                                   
my fav                                     
datta

I didn't draw this.

OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
    #25839533 - 02/26/19 06:52 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
America is not all it's cracked up to be. Parts of it are outright disgusting. We have a perverted form of capitalism that I would describe as extremist. Our democracy is a joke. A person working in a factory and saving to buy a home can expect to be laughed out of the bank, meanwhile A giant religious organization that attacks freedom and promotes the abuse of children is allowed to own huge swaths of land without paying a penny in taxes. That's america, money to the rich, power to the powerful, slavery for the rest.

usa doesnt even have the freest market in the world anymore.

free markets have produced more wealth and pulled more people out of extreme poverty than anything else in history.

https://ourworldindata.org/economic-growth

https://slides.ourworldindata.org/world-poverty/#/GDP-over-long-run

Sweden had the fastest growing economy in the world and was the 4th richest country. after implementation of left winged economic policies their economy stagnated and they were left behind at 13th richest. as a response they deregulated and privatized certain sectors begging in the 90s. all of the Scandinavian countries went through this.

free markets also drive innovation which increases living standard because you are forced to offer things people actually want. and they drive quality up and cost down because of competition.

whats wrong with rich people getting richer? in order for them to offer a good or service that people pay for voluntarily and they have to buy people's labour. or they have to invest in somebody who is doing that and take on the risk. income inequality doesnt matter. what matters is how are

the government bailing out banks and corporations with tax payer money to keep them from failing is not capitalism at all. i agree thats unfair. but thats the governments fault. in a free market they would have been allowed to fail.

inalienable rights are more important than democracy. but i dont see anything much different about america's democracy and other republics. i dont believe would should vote on human rights. democracy is just a way for the majority to oppress the minority. if the government didnt have much power outside protecting life, liberty and property then it wouldnt really matter so much who was in office and corrupt people wouldnt bother trying to get into office. and there wouldnt be no point of lobbying either because the government has no power.

--------------------

Click Me

sunshine said:

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
 User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: life is good]
    #25839534 - 02/26/19 06:52 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Problems in other countries do not stop me from acknowledging problems in my own country. I am not a Syrian, I can't say what the cause of their problems are, I have no interest in making their decisions for them. I am an american, I can see many problems with america, those are my concerns. Americas problems become the problems of other countries and american money has financed more than enough violence elsewhere. Do be intentionally dense about the issue. You're just outraged that I criticized America instead of lobbing insults at some other country to try an distract from our MANY, MANY, VERY REAL PROBLEMS.

--------------------
--Piccolo

Invisiblelife is good
nature girl
Female User Gallery

#25839557 - 02/26/19 07:00 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

No.  I'm not outraged at all.  I'm not angry in any way shape or form.

I'm peaceful and hoping you are having peaceful day as well.

Pretty sure we can do good and focus on the good and that's the main thing.

--------------------
my songs:
shiva                                   
my fav                                     
datta

I didn't draw this.

Invisiblelife is good
nature girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: life is good] * 2
    #25839561 - 02/26/19 07:02 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Today I helped and counseled a homeless woman and gave her some food.

Peacefully, calmly and did not see any badness in her.

Have a good day Calm a Llama.

--------------------
my songs:
shiva                                   
my fav                                     
datta

I didn't draw this.

OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #25839562 - 02/26/19 07:02 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
Quote:

life is good said:
Wtf?

Mexico.

I don't give a fuck about those places. This is the country i live in, this is the only country whose buisness I need to worry about. I'll criticize my own country all I fucking want. I've heard more than enough bullshit from stupid, star spangled, flag waving morons. People who pretend like america can do no wrong are the cause of this country's problems.

i agree. the country can do wrong. which is why the government should have limited power. its not blind faith in the country or its government. its respect for the constitution and liberty.

your whole constitution was set up to protect individual liberty. it was so unique and revolutionary at the time and to this day you are the only country in the world with freedom of speech. so i think valuing the ideas america was founded on is good. even if im a proud Canadian, i am a human and i want my individual rights protected.

the founding of the united states was such an important time for all of humanity. i think people take it for granted. its not about always taking Americas side no matter what. its about freedom from ALL government. the founding fathers were smart. they didnt want to leave the tyranny of the British just to create a new tyranny. they knew that even the usa could become tyrannical. 

nobody takes Americas side all the time. because america has two parties with very different world views and america has had contradictory policy.

--------------------

Click Me

sunshine said:

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
 User Gallery

Re: Canada vs America [Re: BANANA.MAN] * 1
    #25839612 - 02/26/19 07:29 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

BANANA.MAN said:
Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:

usa doesnt even have the freest market in the world anymore.

free markets have produced more wealth and pulled more people out of extreme poverty than anything else in history.

https://ourworldindata.org/economic-growth

https://slides.ourworldindata.org/world-poverty/#/GDP-over-long-run

Sweden had the fastest growing economy in the world and was the 4th richest country. after implementation of left winged economic policies their economy stagnated and they were left behind at 13th richest. as a response they deregulated and privatized certain sectors begging in the 90s. all of the Scandinavian countries went through this.

free markets also drive innovation which increases living standard because you are forced to offer things people actually want. and they drive quality up and cost down because of competition.

whats wrong with rich people getting richer? in order for them to offer a good or service that people pay for voluntarily and they have to buy people's labour. or they have to invest in somebody who is doing that and take on the risk. income inequality doesnt matter. what matters is how are

the government bailing out banks and corporations with tax payer money to keep them from failing is not capitalism at all. i agree thats unfair. but thats the governments fault. in a free market they would have been allowed to fail.

inalienable rights are more important than democracy. but i dont see anything much different about america's democracy and other republics. i dont believe would should vote on human rights. democracy is just a way for the majority to oppress the minority. if the government didnt have much power outside protecting life, liberty and property then it wouldnt really matter so much who was in office and corrupt people wouldnt bother trying to get into office. and there wouldnt be no point of lobbying either because the government has no power.

This is what I mean by capitalist extremism. The idea that capitalism is the answer to every single fucking problem. That the "free market" is some devine force that functions like a god. A country that uses capitalism to fix every problem is like a contractor who refuses to use any tool besides a hammer. Capitalism is great for the distribution of non essential goods and services. It is a fucking abysmal system for determining who gets medical treatment, or how much education a person is entitled to. It is a horrible system to try and apply morality to, pretending that people who excel in capitalism do so because of some type of moral superiority is one of americas biggest problems. You excell in capitalism by being ruthless and this same ruthlessness has become our moral core.

Your stary eyed idealism blinds you. The rich use their money to send their children to lush private schools, while using their political influence to defund public schools, ensuring the calcification of economic disparity for years to come. They dump money into political activity that results in people being arrested over simple drug use, then support a system that stops these people from voting, and uses them for slavery.

You could get arrested for weed and be held in jail pending bail, while someone else beats their wife to a pulp and then walks right out of jail because he has the money, thats the morality of your free market. Thats pay to play justice.

The rich have used their political influence to suppress wages for fucking decades. When some guys job working 45 hours a week at TJ max fails to cover his $1800 a month rent, it becomes the tax payers job to pick up the slack through social welfare programs. I pay for those programs!!!!!!! My situation is hardly better than his but it comes from my tax burden. AMAZON PAYS NO TAXES, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH PAYS NO TAXES. Amoazon does not pay their people enough to eat. The church teaches people wrong information and they use MY TAXES to pay MY POLICE, to guard their property. Property that they stole from my wallet while simultaneously preaching that i'm evil. I want to puke, even just laying this out makes me want to puke.

I pay out the ass in taxes, and I pay out the ass for my health insurance. Senator Lindsey Grahm, who is a piece of shit, lives off my tax money, I pay his health care while he sits there passing bills that elevate my health insurance costs!

The amount of MONEY i have paid out of my taxes for invasions of other countries, incarcerating people who are just like me, and buying goods and services for fat rich christian politicians. If I could have that fucking money back I would buy my own country.

--------------------
--Piccolo

OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #25839716 - 02/26/19 08:06 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

woah no need to get aggressive. im just talking here. thats not how you have a productive discussion.

nobody is entitled to any education or healthcare. its immoral to take people's money at gunpoint and give it to someone else. you gain things by producing them and engaging n voluntary transactions with others. you arent entitled to anybody's labour. we should all own the fruits of our own labour.

besides. the free market does a better job. more drugs are developed in the private sector. when the government has a monopoly they dont have to innovate, they dont have to offer good quality and they dont have to lower cost to compete. usa has the highest cancer survival rates in the world.

and regulating the economy and redistributing wealth causes economies to stagnate and even degenerate. thats bad for everyone. including poor people.

the fact is choices make people permanently poor. people who are poor and win the lottery disproportionately end up poor again. according to the left winged brookings institute, if you dont want to be permanently poor in the states, just graduate high school, get a full time job and dont have babies out of wedlock.

yes rich people also spend their money on their family and stuff. but not exclusively. whereas poor people only spend it on their family and stuff. rich people are the ones who invest in things to produce more wealth and create more jobs.

and it doesnt matter if they are better off than you. it matters if you are in poverty. free markets have lifted more people out of poverty than anything else in history. income inequality doesnt matter. there are countries where there is no inequality because everyone has nothing. would you rather be better off but have a wider gap between you and the richest person or be worse of and have a smaller gap? look at the increase in gdp per capita and the decrease in people living in extreme poverty since the industrial revolution which happened under economic freedom.

switzerland has no minimum wage laws and the highest average wages. the minimum wage law hurts people. imagine you have an uneducated, unskilled guy with no experience. if there were no minimum wage law he would have no shortage of opportunity to gain experience and skills. but lets say he cant produce $14 an hour? then nobody can hire him or they will lose money.

i dont think you should pay for welfare. nobody should. forced redistribution of wealth is theft. nobody is entitled to anybody elses labour. i think we should all feel a moral obligation to give to charity. but nobody should have a egal obligation to give the fruits of their labour to someone else.

you excel in a capitalist system by offering someone a good or service they want at a price they are willing to pay for.

just because you want to puke doesnt make you virtuous. i get worked up thinking about a government that not only regulated the market but takes people's money at gunpoint. you dont see me cting all outraged and offended. i just like discussing ideas. 

all the members of the church pay taxes and get protection from police if they are in danger. the church its self doesnt pay taxes. no charitable organization does.

forgive me if i missed some of your points. you covered alot of separate issues.

edit: people wouldnt be able to have political influence that furthers their agenda if the government wasnt involved in the market. 

--------------------

Click Me

sunshine said:

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:

Edited by BANANA.MAN (02/26/19 08:29 PM)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #25839793 - 02/26/19 08:33 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

nobody is entitled?
we pay taxes
the last thing they should go torwards is making wealthy people richer

there are jobs out there that haven't had a wage increase in decades, jobs that don't even provide health insurace, so all the money you make goes back to paying for doctors
this country isn't that great, our only strength really is not having to go to war too often

OfflineBANANA.MAN
No u
Male
Re: Canada vs America [Re: Konyap]
    #25839815 - 02/26/19 08:42 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
nobody is entitled?
we pay taxes
the last thing they should go torwards is making wealthy people richer

there are jobs out there that haven't had a wage increase in decades, jobs that don't even provide health insurace, so all the money you make goes back to paying for doctors
this country isn't that great, our only strength really is not having to go to war too often

nobody is entitled to anybody elses money. people in higher tax brackets pay more. thats redistribution. the government is taking peoples money at gunpoint and giving it to other people. and not only is it detrimental to the economy, its immoral.

im not saying anybody should pay taxes to make rich people richer and thats not how it works currently.

so because wages havent increased you think you can take people's money at gunpoint? and so what if wages havent increased? or if they dont provide healthcare. nobody is forcing you to work there at gunpoint. its volentary. as transactions should be.

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #25839824 - 02/26/19 08:48 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Edited by cannabinated (02/26/19 09:07 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub