Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefujisawa
psychonauticalyogi

Loc: the crack between worlds
Peruvian Torch
    #2583619 - 04/20/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Next week will be my first time ingesting our ethnogenic friend the Peruvian torch. If any of you have any suggestions on preparations I would like to hear. Interesting side note on the erowid cacti vault it says a cactus anemia is an option. No stomach discomfort but it could get messy. I think I was going to try drying them out and grinding them for use in a capsules. What are your thoughts? :wexican:

--------------------
"To fathom hell or soar angelic try a pinch of psychedelic!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: fujisawa]
    #2584011 - 04/20/04 07:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I found a preparation method on Erowid/the Lycaeum (can't remember) a while back. It goes a little something like this *searches the document*:

- Slice the fresh Torch up , removing the spines (the slices should be about 1/5 and inch, about .5 cms thick) and put them all in a cooking pot.
- Add a mixture of 1/3 lemon/lime juice and 2/3 water, barely covering the plant matter.
- Heat just barely to a boil and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring often. Then strain the pulp out through collinder or cheesecloth, and save the liquid.
- Put the pulp back in the pot, and repeat the process two more times. After your third boil strain again, discard the pulp, combine your liquids, and reduce over low heat to a manageable amount if necessary. Either drink within 24 hours or capsulate.

To encapsulate:
Just evaporate the liquid (sitting on an open oven door works well) and you will be left with dust. scrap it up, throw it into a gelcap and your ready to go.

There ya go, hope it helps ya out.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlineapa
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: fujisawa]
    #2584682 - 04/20/04 11:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

G'day
My freind's cus had a dream about this stuff. in the dream a gnome got some torch and pretty much did it like mjshroomer. ecept the gnome used citric acid during the boiling. after straning the gnome redued to a dark TAR added bit of icing sugar and used more like a baker handeling dow to make pellets. no bad taste. but u do need to swollow lots!
The gnome started talking to a cat a told him some tips about torchs.
1. older the better. old PARTS of the cacti were up 5x stronger the new growth.
2. White flesh seems to have a Higher % of bad stuff.
3. Don't share untill u get p to take a big bite of raw stuff. Tell em it works best if u chew it up real good. Funny shit!!
4. Can be found in front yards everywhere!
5.Works much better when empty.
6. Spew it up. this tar is feels heavy on the gut. When u feel the need to chuck let it rip. good stuff is in get the bad out!!

Well thats all my freind could remember about his cus's dream

Happy Hunting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience