Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019
    #25799650 - 02/08/19 03:42 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I moved to Florida end of last year from Nebraska so I’m new to the area but I have some family and a few friends that are born and raised here. Me and d my brother went out scouting for good fields. We were mostly just scouting but did do a short hunt. No luck today finding any but man there’s plenty of pastures full of cattle. I was a bit surprised to find that many pastures actually.
    It’s been cold for a stretch and a week since it’s rained. We’ll keep after it and I’ll keep posting any changes.
  New to hunting mushies so any tips or advice for Florida mushrooms is always appreciated.
    And yes yes I know use the search function.

Best of luck 👍

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindividualist
Stranger
Loc: Central Florida
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: lightrises]
    #25799672 - 02/08/19 03:58 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Welcome!  We have a main Florida thread but I’m in central Florida too so I’m happy to have both of the mods allow it.  Florida is a big state

--------------------
Question with boldness

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: individualist]
    #25799737 - 02/08/19 04:33 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Welcome to the shroomery

Let me give you some friendly advice:

1. Your in Florida, we have a law called Stand your ground,  you are trespassing  and some will shoot at you, be careful.

2. I recommend you pick some non actives with the active, reason being is Florida will not prosecute you for possession if you NEVER admit to knowing exactly what you have, if you do say you know, your done.
This all because of Fisk vs state of Florida. Ignorance of mushrooms is key, you may still get arrested and taken to jail, but they will let you go as long as you stick to your ignorance story of not knowing what is what,  that you were going to ask someone to tell you what you have.  Trespassing is the worst they will do and that comes with a warning the 1st time (usually).

3. Florida is prime time for growing your own outdoor patch, it's stupid simple.

4. Any mushrooms that you plan to consume should be identified 100% before eating,  we can help with the identification if you post up close clear pictures of the cap, gills/pores and stipe (stem). In situ photos are also very helpful.

Good luck to you and we look forward to seeing your observations.

Edited by Doc9151 (02/08/19 04:35 PM)

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: Doc9151]
    #25800079 - 02/08/19 07:30 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you bro for the welcomes and the good advice. i will take it to heart and be safe. Good to know bout the laws and loopholes.
    About the outside grow ...ive been doing a bunch of research on doing my first indoor grow. watching a lot of youtube vids and reading on this site. thats what encouraged me to join here. im hoping to find some good viable cubensis to print and do agar with as a starting place. my goal is to start there and collect and cultivate as many species as possible. Got everything ready to go but a print or culture for a clone. Getting shot at in pastures dont sound like a good time lol..lifes hard for those of us still into hunting and gathering :smile:
    Thank you for offering to help identify. I will for sure need second and 3rd opinions. i plan on sharing prints when i get to the point i know what strains we have at hand. When i get good at printing with no contam issues I plan to share those on here with anyone interested. man on a mission

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25800085 - 02/08/19 07:35 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the welcomes bro. hope i didnt step on any toes with the fl post..just trying to get local info and share locally what I can. fl is loooong from top to bottom i figured weather may differ from north, central and southern.
    I did go through a bunch of florida hunting posts but couldnt find one up to date...is there one for 2019?

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #25800899 - 02/09/19 07:51 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's a good idea to have a central and South Florida thread, the season's and environmental conditions are definitely different. The more information shared the more we understand how this beautiful organism works. Keep your eyes open in all habitats, you never know what you will find in Florida. A few years ago Psilocybe ovoidiocystidiata was found in West palm beach and I found psilocybe tampanensis this past year in the Panhandle.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (02/09/19 09:51 AM)

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: the sticks in GA
    #25801115 - 02/09/19 09:43 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

That was an awesome Ovoid find.  Still looking for them off the rivers here in Ga.

--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: bloodycarcass]
    #25801157 - 02/09/19 10:00 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

It's only a matter of time, they want to be here in the South where it's warm and hospitable. I've started searching the flood plains, landscaping areas with the red woodchips, disturbed areas, anywhere I can get access. I'll be looking for mushrooms when I'm a 100, rolling around in my all terrain wheelchair with winch attachment. :awesomenod:

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25801913 - 02/09/19 03:36 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Went out this a.m. for a few hours. we walked the best pastures we had previously scouted. plenty of cattle and all the fields seemed ideal but for the weather isnt quit up to par. we finished off in a pasture that had bison in it still finding nothing as of yet. kicked over a hand full of patties in all fields and didnt find anything peeking back at me lol. (no mic growth)
  all in all it was a great morning in the woods. brought back 20lbs of prime poo for home science projects. i ordered my first order from one of our sups so i got something to work with wile we wait for the wild ones. had a special on cubes on pick of their choice....went with that for the surprise factor lol. be my first grow. looking forward to getting started...
  anyway,  temp dropped to 73 f. light rain. humidity was 73% .. next week has rain in the forecast. were gona hold off till next weekend to go back out. let the rain work some magic. 
      one of the friends i know down here says he knows a few spots to show me that he's had great luck in in past yearsmid summer so we'll give those a go next weekend as well.
  i need to work on studying up on more species ...ive been focused hard on cubes.. New guy syndrome i suppose. lol
    take care ...ill post up the 411 on our next tripout

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: the sticks in GA
    #25801939 - 02/09/19 03:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
It's only a matter of time, they want to be here in the South where it's warm and hospitable. I've started searching the flood plains, landscaping areas with the red woodchips, disturbed areas, anywhere I can get access. I'll be looking for mushrooms when I'm a 100, rolling around in my all terrain wheelchair with winch attachment. :awesomenod:

hell yeah! I feel the same if I live to make it that long.  doctors told me I wouldnt live to see 21. and I'm almost 28. 
been foraging and studying since I 14. definitely think they've helped me out in several aspects.  gourmet and psychedelics.  hell even if i dont find any theres nothing like grabbing your kayak, rolling down rivers and exploring.  natures amazing and beautiful in every way

--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: bloodycarcass]
    #25802172 - 02/09/19 06:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Totally agree with both you guys...even coming back shroomless i always enjoy the time in nature. that alone is more then enough to keep me out in it. back in nebraska i didnt come out of the woods much in the summer lol. love it out there.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #25803635 - 02/10/19 12:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lightrises said:
Went out this a.m. for a few hours. we walked the best pastures we had previously scouted. plenty of cattle and all the fields seemed ideal but for the weather isnt quit up to par. we finished off in a pasture that had bison in it still finding nothing as of yet. kicked over a hand full of patties in all fields and didnt find anything peeking back at me lol. (no mic growth)
  all in all it was a great morning in the woods. brought back 20lbs of prime poo for home science projects. i ordered my first order from one of our sups so i got something to work with wile we wait for the wild ones. had a special on cubes on pick of their choice....went with that for the surprise factor lol. be my first grow. looking forward to getting started...
  anyway,  temp dropped to 73 f. light rain. humidity was 73% .. next week has rain in the forecast. were gona hold off till next weekend to go back out. let the rain work some magic. 
      one of the friends i know down here says he knows a few spots to show me that he's had great luck in in past yearsmid summer so we'll give those a go next weekend as well.
  i need to work on studying up on more species ...ive been focused hard on cubes.. New guy syndrome i suppose. lol
    take care ...ill post up the 411 on our next tripout

1st off, you are fucking up your hunting ground by kicking over patties. At least that been  my experience. Think how destructive it would be if something came around and kicked your house around. If you're good to them they will be good to you.

If it is drizzling now, and the humidity stays higher than 65%, it will be worth looking in a couple days.

--------------------

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25804617 - 02/10/19 09:54 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Good point Doc,,,I didnt kick over but a few. but i didnt consider that would disturb the myc..
    it rained all night and we have a couple more days they call for rain. we'll have a look sunday.

Offlineindividualist
Stranger
    #25810708 - 02/13/19 05:34 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

70 grams p cubensis on a quickie 30 minute hunt today!  And it rained all mornings ng today so flushes should keep popping up for the next few days.

I have a feeling this season is going to be even better than last year.

--------------------
Question with boldness

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #25812550 - 02/14/19 12:48 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

individualist said:
70 grams p cubensis on a quickie 30 minute hunt today!  And it rained all mornings ng today so flushes should keep popping up for the next few days.

I have a feeling this season is going to be even better than last year.

If the humidity stays up it can last up to 7-10days from the last rain.

--------------------

Offlineindividualist
Stranger
    #25816888 - 02/16/19 02:12 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

That 70 gram hunt dried down to like 8 grams in my dehydrator.  The next day I found 28 wet grams that was partially sun dried and it dried down to 12 dry grams.  That’s a lot of variability.

I dosed 7 grams last night and reached a solid level 2.  This was one week after dosing 5 grams and achieving a slightly stronger level 2.  I think one week isn’t enough space if I don’t want to be wasting product.

--------------------
Question with boldness

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25821018 - 02/18/19 01:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I didnt get out like I hoped over the weekend.. Went out fishing on the east coast all weekend.
  Glad to hear there coming up. hoping for some rain tomorrow. ill be out wed. ill past back if we have any luck

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25828654 - 02/21/19 07:47 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

we went out after the second rain today in the dark to scope a new pasture....i wanted to make  a quick sweep just to feel out the field and make a quick peek for new fruiting .. bout 10 min or so i found 2 of these and in dim flashlight beam from the top angle i was certain they where right but after a better look in the car i found no separable pelical (sorry my spelling) also no blueing when pinched ....the veil is a derby brown and the print is the same brown.. Ive 100% agreed with myself its not a cube but in the sake of education am dead set on figuring out what it is....any ideas brothers? (or sisters)

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
    #25828714 - 02/21/19 08:11 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Compare with Agrocybe molesta

Was it fruiting near woodchips or a wooded area?

Edited by Duggstar (02/21/19 08:18 PM)

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: Central Florida mushroom hunting 2019 [Re: Duggstar]
    #25828740 - 02/21/19 08:19 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This is a strong ID, I wanted to come in with some “Actually, I think this is an agaricus” on you but I think you popped it

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies