Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: tacodude]
    #25819661 - 02/17/19 07:27 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Read his comment again, he was talking about the people in this thread.

Specifically anyone who postulated that Cubensis were not the primary cause of kidney failure in this case or that this publication was propaganda.

I don't know if the writers intended it to be propaganda, I doubt it. But their bias and promotion of the dangers of mushrooms caused it to act as propaganda all the same.

Because of their own preconceptions they decided Cubensis mushrooms were the sole cause, and excluded the idea of compounding factors or to hypothesize why the child was affected in such a way when sooooo many other people have been taking Cubensis mushrooms for centuries without issue. One can only reasonably conclude that their agenda was to imply that Cubensis mushrooms could cause kidney failure in anyone who ate them.

I can admit that I don't know as much about the case as the authors, but they had a responsibility to frame the topic with much less certainty, and to do further investigation about the boys health and habits to rule out contributing factors and if failing to do so at least list the variables which were unknowns that could possibly be at play.

The authors were aware of this too, but at their mention of "unidentified predisposing factors" instead of exploring the topic they pointed the readers towards another case of AKI "after the ingestion of "magic mushrooms"". Which very more than likely did not even involve Cubensis mushrooms. They were cloaking the fact that other unrelated mushrooms species causing renal failure as evidence that Cubensis mushrooms cause renal failure, but the mechanisms of those species toxicity have been identified and do not apply to Cubensis in any way shape or form. So why even bring it up except to hide the fact that they have no freaking idea what was going on.

There is nowhere near enough information here to proselytize that Cubensis mushrooms cause kidney failure in the gross population, especially in the context of their widespread history of safe use.

Instead of providing that context, the authors included extraneous information about the dangers of unrelated mushrooms species, makes no sense if they were acting objectively.

I learned long ago to scrutinize information presented to me, how to write objectively, and how to carry out empirical analysis before saying anything with certainty. So no, I won't admit that I have no freaking idea what I am talking about.

Edited by Holybullshit (02/17/19 08:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25819797 - 02/17/19 08:14 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah I totally misread it, but I understand his point. The fact is his point is true for those who did the study. Only this kid could really guessed what caused it best, but he doesn't have the education or resources.

I just agree with most everyone about this not only affecting one out of 4 in the sample, but over time there's no other evidence of such situation. That being said the possibility shouldn't be ruled out. Still the evidence just doesn't support the claims imo

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: tacodude]
    #25819811 - 02/17/19 08:19 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly, and anyone trained in the scientific method would know that. Presenting this case with such language is evidence of bias that they perhaps do not even realize if affecting their work, but should have been identified by the publishers and their peers. Of course, with the large amount of institutional bias against recreational drug use it is no surprise that propaganda like this gets published all the time even without premeditation.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25820130 - 02/18/19 02:00 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You try to legalize something, you see propaganda. Its like a knee-jerk reaction. For example there are plans to legalize rec MJ in my city. Of COURSE there will be articles about police and teachers and such opposing the idea. But thats what they do when they wanna fight the passage of a law. There are probably even be lobbies trying to make sure Psilocybin mushrooms dont become legal in any state. Marlboro and Pharma didnt get their hands on it yet

I mean even ketamine infusions are now a legal corporate thing. Pay them like $500 and theyll IM you

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinegaiuscatullus
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: Fractal420]
    #25821395 - 02/18/19 05:15 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

People have eaten scrambled eggs for centuries. Fortunately they seem to have few adverse effects. But now, here's an account of a man presenting to the emergency room with a massive brain tumor, AFTER HE ATE SCRAMBLEDVEGGS FOR BREAKFAST!!!

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: gaiuscatullus]
    #25821582 - 02/18/19 06:48 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Mmmm ya all ain't doctors.

Like I said it sounds like a drug combo gone bad.  Not all drugs mix well.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25823756 - 02/19/19 09:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Nobody claimed to be a doctor...

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#25827814 - 02/21/19 01:34 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I love how reactive some of you are. None of us have any fucking clue what we're talking about, all thats coming out of our mouths is our own bias.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25828034 - 02/21/19 03:12 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps the kid had a genetic disorder and lacked a particular enzyme and that caused the failure via psilocybin mushroom ingestion. L

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies