Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020
    #25816914 - 02/16/19 02:24 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://therooster.com/blog/beyond-mushrooms-group-wants-vote-to-decriminalize-all-drugs-in-2020

Beyond mushrooms: group wants vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020
They have polling data suggesting an initiative could pass
CULTUREFEBRUARY 14, 2019 BY REILLY CAPPS
Drugs are having a moment; psychedelic mushrooms are headed for at least one vote, in Denver, in May. Oregon might vote on shrooms in 2020.

But a group of policy people want to go a step further.

Decriminalization.org is working toward ballot initiatives in 2020 that would decriminalize all drugs — not just mushrooms.

They say decriminalizing all drugs is more likely to pass than just one specific drug.

What makes them think so? Polls.

A nationwide, online poll they commissioned showed that people would be more likely to support decriminalizing all drugs than certain drugs: 50 percent or more support decriminalizing all drugs.

(Decriminalization means that the possession and use of drugs is a health matter, not a crime. Cooking, growing or selling drugs is still illegal.)

That's an astonishingly high number. Higher than polling done by the Denver mushroom group, which found below 50 percent support.

"An all-drug decriminalization initiative seems like the most promising type of initiative, from the polling we've seen," Milan Griffes of Decriminalization.org said.

Why would more voters support decriminalizing all drugs, as opposed to just one drug? It's a mystery; people are strange. But maybe folks are worried about looking, say, pro-mushroom, since shrooms are scary, but would be OK with being pro-drug-policy reform.

After all, Portugal decriminalized drugs in 2001, and data shows that, since then, the number of overdoses dropped and more users sought treatment.

Decriminalization.org hopes to pick a state to fund an initiative. They suspect there could be massive youth turnout in 2020 to vote against Trump (and in some cases for him), and young voters, whether on the right, left or center, are much more willing to vote to end the Drug War than older folks.

photo - landing page for decriminalization

[Landing page for Decriminalization.org.]
A research group called Enthea did the math on freeing up the drugs in America. They estimate that, by giving people access to psychedelics and their positive effects on depression, PTSD and addiction, lives could be saved or improved. The numbers are big. In California alone, the annual benefit is expected to be equivalent to 30,000 people each gaining an additional year of life. (The math goes like this: let folks trip, add some counseling, subtract a few spunyons, take away some addiction and depression and suicide, carry the one and … boom! Better world. And more colorful.)

The group is more likely to run a ballot initiative in a state smaller than California, Griffes said, though they haven't decided which. They say they have access to funding.

Whatever happens, this next election is shaping up to be an interesting one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: sycodelix]
    #25817066 - 02/16/19 03:23 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds impossible, but I am all for this!

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25817083 - 02/16/19 03:31 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I just want the plants and the extracts legal.  It gets even mor complicated when the extracts are a precurser to futher semi-synthetics.

Kratom isolates were some powerful shit.  The semi-synthetic 7acetoxy was some turbo tweak.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25817102 - 02/16/19 03:40 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"A nationwide, online poll they commissioned showed that people would be more likely to support decriminalizing all drugs than certain drugs: 50 percent or more support decriminalizing all drugs."

Hilarious/smart if true.

So they're talking about doing this federally? So companies could just start producing meth, lsd, everything, all at once? whether they have a shot in hell or not thats an interesting scenario to imagine. So much money to be legitamized, be like the damn goldrush

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25817135 - 02/16/19 04:08 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This is decriminalization and not a full head on dive into legalization. 

This is a very small area of the nation and slow to spread.

I don't know why people want legal meth.  It becomes a problem on the withdrawal.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #25817483 - 02/16/19 07:02 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

plants should be legal

you can't make any hard drugs with out acres and acres of plants really

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Konyap]
    #25817492 - 02/16/19 07:06 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Every drug is hard.  Hard to understand what reactions take place in the body.

It doesn't take as many plants as you would tend to guess.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

#25817685 - 02/16/19 08:48 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

While I don't ascribe to the notion that "natural" inherently implies better, safer, etc, (LSD is far safer and less addictive than poppies) I do agree that legalizing all plants could be a great move. Plants tend not to evoke the same unsavoury image that people have of powders and pills, and crystals, and for the most part the mere volume of plant material makes it more difficult to injest them with the same quantity and rapidity as pure chemicals.

I do think all drugs should be legal, but it might be an easier sell.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: sorahtak] * 1
    #25817690 - 02/16/19 08:54 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

still not sure how I feel about legal meth/heroin. Can't argue with portugal though, last I heard that was still going well.

Might be an interesting landscape, if everything were federally legal but you had certain states/cities outlawing harder stuff like that.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25818116 - 02/17/19 05:42 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

It'd be a population control.  Cannot imagine the amount of foreign influences there would be.

Poppies are safe but people want the nod.  One small poppy plant is enough for a dream.  LSD has had dangers.  My mom used to freak out about that drug.

I've had more positive trips on acid than uncomfortable.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #25818346 - 02/17/19 08:02 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yes please,

The poison on the streets is unbelievable. This is simply a health issue

How can you be against legal heroin? No one just wants to start using heroin. It would be to prevent fentanyl ODs and other adulterants. At least people wouldnt die.

I very much doubt we would adopt a policy like portugal but if we did, alot of "drug problems" would quickly go away. Im willing to bet addiction would be less likely also.

Sell pharm grade everything with a max limit of a few grams at a time, and tax it. This is sadly prolly too radical a move for the majority of the US population to support. But why should it be? why should the stigma be that strong?

think about it. Results would be overwhelmingly positive.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Fractal420]
    #25818381 - 02/17/19 08:24 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Heroin and opiates that are refined are a lost cause.

I think I had a fake oc once and that was the last.  The dude that sold that od'd and the dude that hooked us up with him od'd.

Lot's of fake shit out there.  Lot's of dirty tricks.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25818455 - 02/17/19 09:03 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Thats why it needs to be legal^^

Like, shit, That is a true emergency and it CAN be solved

But we will let closed minded stigmatized politicans and brainwashed masses allow more people to die on a daily basis?

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25818495 - 02/17/19 09:29 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know.  Skid row is a bad place.  Rainbow family doesn't approve of gard drug usage.  Drugs should be about religion NOT RELIGION THEMSELVES.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #25818602 - 02/17/19 10:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I imagine the same way people compare alcohol being illegal and the troubles caused by that, we’ll probably see equal shifts (in their own manner though) with drugs when they’re legal.  I imagine people will use and be fine, use and be on edge as well as use and die, if an applicable side effect.  You know what I mean?

What it will get rid of is shady assholes, dirty drugs and all the shenannigans that goes along with trying to score and 1up in the ‘game’..  Also as silly as it sounds, it would create jobs, cancel overseas jobs and in turn keep a lot of money inside the country..

It’s sounds callous but no matter what people are going to die doing everything so there’s no chance in an effective solution if part of the equasion is going to be written in fantasy...plus I don’t know if anyone’s ever had a shitload of drugs easy access but it kinda loses it’s value over time, it’s mystique fades.  Can you imagine how the image of drugs would change simply in movies alone?  That’s the only thing making drugs cool is the fact they’re hard to get, look at rap.  Nobody is rapping about tylenol or asprin (except eminem, but that’s different).

I don’t think the powers that be have any intrest in demystifying drugs, a gigantic portion of these politicians power is because drugs are evil dangerous spirits used by bad guys to steal out children from the playground!!!!

They worked insanely hard to make drugs the evil entities that a lot of people actually believe they are.  People are so brainwashed they can’t even remember how to function on their own, they believe this broken ideology that doesn’t add up and then wonder why their life is fucked up... it’s sad.  Anyways...

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineKonyap

Re: Vote to decriminalize all drugs in 2020 [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25818828 - 02/17/19 12:37 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

my paper is supposedly liberal
but only on the cover

everything inside is anti-weed, all these cops "whats next we legalize heroion and hallucinogens?" some old 81 year old lady "it's disgusting"
anti-vaping,
have you told your kids about the dangers of vaping? the dangers of hot coffee? tell your kids today
"johnny started using drugs when he smoked weed at age 13, he died 16 years later..."

like what the fuck not only is this capitalist shit hole over priced but you won't even let me smoke weed when i retire? fuck off

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25820096 - 02/18/19 12:56 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yes we should def legalize hallucinogens (starting to happen) and heroin (really needsto happen from a health point of view)

Legalization does not mean more users. Who the fuck is gonna casually shoot heroin?

These ideas are more common sense than "liberal". Legal hallucinogens would be liberal. Legal heroin would just be humane

As far as hallucinogens, why not allow substances that most people these days dont wanna use anyway? Only the people who appreciate psychedelics. These are not pleasure drugs.

If someone wants to reach enlightenment with a mushroom what business is that of anyone else's

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineKonyap

#25820147 - 02/18/19 02:30 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

not going to happen

drugs are basically weaponizonable and giving everyone drugs like that would be a bad idea
which is why plants are much safer, much harder to drug someone

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25820465 - 02/18/19 08:19 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You could still put opium on a bowl of weed and that freaks people out.  So much is imagination to start with.

People aren't educated on drugs, even the professionals.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25820658 - 02/18/19 10:38 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Itll happen we just need to get over this prohibition hump. Same as in the 20s. Much longer, but finally true results are visible at the end of the tunnel

Itll take many people dying from opioids, a whole Worldwide cannabis movement, and all kinds of scares to make it happen for real tho.

Usually bad things happen before good things do. Unfortunately. But there Is a balance

Plants= Most drugs originiate from plants anyway. Even things like mephedrone are based on the chemistry of plants like khat. Mdma relies on sassafrass, lsd on ergot, cocaine is extracted from coca. And on and on. There are some things that are fully synthetic, like amphetamine comes to mind.

But other phenethylamines can occur naturally, like mescaline. And amphetamine is just alpha-methyl-PEA

I think the idea that natural drugs are safer is a misunderstanding. Obviously some plants are deadly and addictive.

Or just dangerous, just look at the atropa family

not going to happen

Quote:

drugs are basically weaponizonable and giving everyone drugs like that would be a bad idea
which is why plants are much safer, much harder to drug someone

The fact that people are so sure that its "not gonna happen" will make it not happen. Its called a self fulfilling prophecy. Now if people went out with the mindset of "lets make this happen", the media would catch it, and that is a powerful fucking tool these days.

If enough people started standing up for hallucinogens at least, or if you remember when no one gave a fuck about AIDS deaths and there were "Silence = Death" marches where corpses were paraded in front of the white house and ashes thrown onto the lawn. If this was done now with fentanyl victims, it would cause quite a stir and would be a catalyst for change. All it takes is to for drugs to be seen as a true health issue, which they very much are

Think about all the treatments or attempts for aids that were a direct result of trying to satisfy that group of protestors. The same thing can be done with legalization of substances that currently are killing people from no oversight

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (02/18/19 10:54 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds