Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/19/02
Posts: 7,575
Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Last seen: 6 years, 1 month
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: ]
    #2577237 - 04/19/04 11:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think the human conciousness, which includes brain waves, are free to travel outside of the body. Dreams can create the illusion that we do and some people buy heavily into the actuality of the experience. This experience is subjective; existing only in the persons mind.

>ever meditated?
-Before trying out a grounding technique I did a little experiment. I went to a pond and sat on a nice flat rock. I closed my eyes. Pretty soon my skin very warm and my senses seemed to be more accute. It seems I had achieved the same results as the guy who had started the grounding technique thread, but without all the imagination. Later that same day, I went back to the same location and did the exact same thing, but I added grounding technique. After a while I had a pretty detailed illusion that roots were growing from me into the ground and that a single ray of light from the sun was entering straight through the top of my head... but I didn't feel any differently than I had before when I did it without the grounding technique.

>fuck a chemical imbalance, its all abotu the soul
-If someone you love had a problem and the doctor told you it was caused by a chemical imbalance, would you a) accept the medication or, b) demand she be taken to a spiritual healer for treatment? If you picked A, you recognize that chemical imbalances do exist and affect the mind/body. This could explain why some days you wake up feeling excellant and others feeling horrible. It could also be a whole slew of other factors.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMr_Gubjet


Registered: 03/18/04
Posts: 323
Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: ]
    #2577318 - 04/19/04 11:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have this Alternate Reality in my dreams. Exsample : Up stairs, in the forest etc.

If people have mental inbalance well its a reality. We are not talking about run-of-the-mill what a doctor calls inbalance. We are talking about where you can not control the outwards self.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2577356 - 04/19/04 12:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yes, i would go with the medication, it is not my choice however to decide. some people need the medication first, before they can balance it themselves. of course there is a correlation between the soul and body, but what i was saying is you can overpower the body with the soul, though some people are not aware of the power they have.

and about the spiritual healer, im talking about healing yourself, not going to someone who you think has more of an ability to do the same things you yourself can do.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2577381 - 04/19/04 12:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think the human conciousness, which includes brain waves, are free to travel outside of the body.




then why can i do it? i know damn well i can do it because i have seen thigns happen in places i was not at that really happened in the physical. It isnt an illusion, and like i was saying EVEN IF it was...there is still that ability to be psychic through the obe.

example projection: i leave body, go to my uncles house, see him smoking out of a glass bong i never seen before. i talk to uncle inbody that day and say "hows that new bong treatin ya", and he asks me who told me he got a new bong, cuz no one knew but him.

How come i can see real events that take place, if it is just an illusion.? if it is an illusion, than they are illusions that are super accurate. some things are bound to be off a bit, like the color, or words and letters. you will see them differently in the astral, IME anyways

that is just an example of REAL TIME, many of us realize time is just an illusion, so while out of body it does not exsist and you can time travel if youd like. All of this takes practice, your not goign to be able to just dive into all this shit, it does take some experience, ive only been doing it for a lil over a year, so i aint shit yet. the possibilities of what you could do with the knowledge you can recieve through these experiences is endless, use your imagination, what would you do?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/19/02
Posts: 7,575
Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Last seen: 6 years, 1 month
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: ]
    #2577600 - 04/19/04 01:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You, like many other people, are egocentric. These are people who tend to rank themselves as better than everyone else. Some become quite dellusional; they may think that everyone but themself is a robot, or that they are unwittingly playing the main role on a secret reality television show, or that they can see the future/move objects with there mind/read thoughts... but these are delusions of grandeur and exist only in that individuals mind.

You claim that your dreams let you see the future, but I'm wondering about your rate of success. If only 1 in 10,000 of the events in your dreams bears a remote resemblance to a real life event, would that be a prediction? There are thousands of vague dream sequences that could later be interprated as a premonitions... it's really just a matter of time untill something in real life seems to mirror a dream you had the night, or week before.

When you take any one event in your dream, the probability of it relating to a real event is very small... but when there are many events, the probability of AT LEAST ONE relating SOMEHOW to real life increases. This is why premonitions exist in hindsight... and when you disregaurd the thousands junk predictions that never come true. This explains why the TWC attacks were not 'predicted' by psychics untill after 9/11.

Dreaming is an illusion created by the mind in frequencies between 0 to 4 Hz. Analytical problem solving, judgment, decision making and processing information about the world around us is done between 15 and 18Hz. The truth you get bridging these frequency bands is going to be very abstract.

>the possibilities of what you could do with the knowledge you can recieve through these experiences is endless, use your imagination, what would you do?
-Get winning lottery tickets, give strategic information to rape and murder victims, and never make a mistake I would live to regret. Or maybe I'd just compliment my uncle on his new bong...

What if you dream that you will die the following day... upon waking up, several events happen that seem to indicate your dreams are comming true. The killer in your dream was ruthless and did not stop pursuing you untill you were dead. Would you kill your would be killer to stop your own murder?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Registered: 10/28/03
Posts: 1,306
Loc: cipherland
Last seen: 8 years, 11 months
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: ]
    #2577703 - 04/19/04 02:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just cause he's egocentric doesn't mean he's not telling the truth!

But really I need proof of these fantastic claims. If he's going to use them as proof then damnabit I want to see proof of his proof. Guess what? He won't be able to prove it.

People who claim to know that their consciousness continues to live on because they have had near death experiences are silly. It's not death, you come back, so how can it be death? It's not. Sorry, but until you actually die you aren't going to know anything about death. And how can you trust memories? Psychologists are constantly cranking out studies proving how disturbingly innacurate our memories are. We invent things that happen to us all the time. I suspect that these NDEs that occur when somebody slips below the measuring equipment in a hospital are the brain filling in the gap. It's pretty interesting, but it has nothing to do with death, because it's NOT death, so everybody please try and stop thinking it is!

And also please stop making ridiculous claims of being able to leave your body and travel the universe OR teach me how to do it as well. I had my first lucid dream a few weeks ago, and I wouldn't mind experimenting with it a little more. I saw things that were more real than real, and the feeling of being nothing but my intent was pretty cool. pointers?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMr_Gubjet


Registered: 03/18/04
Posts: 323
Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2577721 - 04/19/04 02:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomHermit said:
You, like many other people, are egocentric. These are people who tend to rank themselves as better than everyone else. Some become quite dellusional; they may think that everyone but themself is a robot, or that they are unwittingly playing the main role on a secret reality television show, or that they can see the future/move objects with there mind/read thoughts... but these are delusions of grandeur and exist only in that individuals mind.

You claim that your dreams let you see the future, but I'm wondering about your rate of success. If only 1 in 10,000 of the events in your dreams bears a remote resemblance to a real life event, would that be a prediction? There are thousands of vague dream sequences that could later be interprated as a premonitions... it's really just a matter of time untill something in real life seems to mirror a dream you had the night, or week before.

When you take any one event in your dream, the probability of it relating to a real event is very small... but when there are many events, the probability of AT LEAST ONE relating SOMEHOW to real life increases. This is why premonitions exist in hindsight... and when you disregaurd the thousands junk predictions that never come true. This explains why the TWC attacks were not 'predicted' by psychics untill after 9/11.

Dreaming is an illusion created by the mind in frequencies between 0 to 4 Hz. Analytical problem solving, judgment, decision making and processing information about the world around us is done between 15 and 18Hz. The truth you get bridging these frequency bands is going to be very abstract.

>the possibilities of what you could do with the knowledge you can recieve through these experiences is endless, use your imagination, what would you do?
-Get winning lottery tickets, give strategic information to rape and murder victims, and never make a mistake I would live to regret. Or maybe I'd just compliment my uncle on his new bong...

What if you dream that you will die the following day... upon waking up, several events happen that seem to indicate your dreams are comming true. The killer in your dream was ruthless and did not stop pursuing you untill you were dead. Would you kill your would be killer to stop your own murder?




I think its illusional too say "this is the way it is and thats final". Only some dreams are illusion. Some have a power meaning (sometimes). It depends on the persons experiences.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Registered: 09/14/02
Posts: 1,698
Loc: Construction ahead...
Last seen: 11 years, 10 months
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2577786 - 04/19/04 02:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Gubjet said:
I think its illusional too say "this is the way it is and thats final". Only some dreams are illusion. Some have a power meaning (sometimes). It depends on the persons experiences.





wtf????

am I the only one who is just as confused regardless of whether it is assumed that he is for real or a troll??


--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader



Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2577979 - 04/19/04 03:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

dude, just becuase you think i think im better than everyone else doesnt mean that is what i think, thats YOUR thoughts of me, and their way off, by far. Just like swami, he judges me and thinks i think i am a highly enlightened being. Huh? What? When did i claim that? that is your very own ego judging me. I will say this again, What you see in others, aslo resides within yourself.

i am telling my own beliefs and experiences, and by doing so i challenge yours, while you challenge mine. I see nothing wrong with this. It is already known that i have acknowledged that what i say are strictly my opinion, but yet you STILL judge me as if i think otherwise, but that doesnt matter does it, it means jack shit.

i would have stopped caring to say what i say a long time ago, but i got people telling me they like my posts, and to ignore the skeptics. So i am, if you dont like it fuck you, dont bash me cuz my beliefs threaten you.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #2578012 - 04/19/04 03:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

id also like to say, i dont think any dream is an illusion, and that they all have meaning behind them. We just have to look within ourselves to figure out what it is they are telling us. They are metaphoric, so you cant take them literally, unless it is a vision of some sort, which you really cant tell if you had unless you actually give it some thought(and of course watch the event unfold)

it would not surprise me at all if there were people here at the shroomery that had a dream of 9/11 attacks before they happened, and that have had other precognitions that are yet to take place.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/19/02
Posts: 7,575
Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Last seen: 6 years, 1 month
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: ]
    #2579367 - 04/19/04 09:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

>dude, just becuase you think i think im better than everyone else doesnt mean that is what i think, thats YOUR thoughts of me, and their way off, by far.
-If you had looked at the provided definition of egocentrism, you'd see under philosophy it says: Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

For example, you say that everyone follows a path of love. This is a broad generalization where you are put your beliefs ahead of the beliefs of others.
Example:
>I don't follow the path of love.
-Oh yes you do, you just don't know it yet.

>So i am, if you dont like it fuck you, dont bash me cuz my beliefs threaten you.
-Take the flames to OTD. I have up to this point related my posts to brain activity. And as a person, your actions affect my life on some level. Your beliefs don't threaten me directly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Registered: 01/15/03
Posts: 18,073
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2580192 - 04/19/04 11:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"There are thousands of vague dream sequences that could later be interprated as a premonitions... it's really just a matter of time untill something in real life seems to mirror a dream you had the night, or week before"

I think I brought this up in another thread TSH. When was the last time you had a dream of the future so acurate, yet still provable by the random dream sequence argument? If they are bound to happen why have not you had any 'obes' or psychic happenings? All these are questions I bring up, and not from a standpoint of superiority. It reminds me that to experience you must belive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/19/02
Posts: 7,575
Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Last seen: 6 years, 1 month
Re: mystical experiences and brain waves.. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2581616 - 04/20/04 09:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

>When was the last time you had a dream of the future so acurate, yet still provable by the random dream sequence argument?
-I've had plenty of dreams that seemingly correlated with reality, both past and recent, with varying degrees of supposed similarity. We have different views on what counts as "undeniable proof"... you are willing to accept a subjective non-repeatable scenario with no controls that is seemingly void of logic because it 'feels' real. I have given explanations on how the mind could have formed this view based using reasoning independent from a supernatural unifing force.

I would be happy to discuss this in depth, but this is not the proper thread to do it in.

>If they are bound to happen why have not you had any 'obes' or psychic happenings?
-Well, to tell the truth I thought I was, once... Over time I got to know a person well enough that I could look into her eyes and "read her thoughts" At first I could only be sure on simple things, based on facial expressions... but I got better. Pretty soon I found myself blurting out short-phrases sitting across from her in a crowded lunch hall. I would confirm these with her... and got better still. We've been going out for 4-5 years now, and although I quite my practise long ago I still feel a great bond between us.

I think it's important to really have an interest in the person you are trying to understand better... if it's not one of your passions you might not get satisfactory results. Reading up on basic psychology and body language would help. But basically, time is the best factor... see the person daily and at great lengths. Pay attention to what a person does or says and remember it. Eventually you can break it down to a system of actions which are based on conditions in immidiate vicinity. Subtle changes in facial expressions are your best clues. Remember that "the system" is always updating and tends to change over time. Also remember that this only predicts what a person may do, not what the person is going to do; your thought isn't actually controlling there actions. I know this may not be the best way to explain it, but it's much more reasonable than saying you have real power. I had a success rate that I estimate to be between 90 and 95%.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ESSAY:Psychedelic induced mystical experiences by Alan Watts tekramrepus 2,415 6 03/21/03 01:43 PM
by pattern
* Inducing mystical experiences
( 1 2 all )
Metasyn 4,165 29 03/15/17 12:00 AM
by beforethedawn
* Mystical Experience?
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,068 25 07/15/03 07:25 PM
by Grav
* OBEs = Brain Misfiring?
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 5,180 39 09/24/02 11:33 AM
by Albino_Jesus
* Arent drugs proof the mind is created by the brain?
( 1 2 all )
SHiZNO 3,726 20 04/16/03 01:32 PM
by The_Clash_UK
* Is mysticism as flawed as religion? mirror_saw 1,523 17 08/21/02 08:11 PM
by Sclorch
* Remote control brain sensor Anonymous 845 8 02/09/03 09:43 AM
by Anonymous
* Mysticism exsane 544 1 07/01/02 06:25 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
4,540 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.