Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Nursery Grows More Than Flowers
    #2581433 - 04/20/04 05:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2004/04/18/news/regional/177cad6b06801d0486256e7a0014e8b9.txt
http://www.theomahachannel.com/iowabureau/3018356/detail.html

Flower growers plead guilty on drug charges

By Courier Staff

NEW HAMPTON --- The owners of a garden and greenhouse operation admitted Friday they were growing more than just lilies and poppies on their property near Ionia.

Steve Bertrand and his wife, Caroline, pleaded guilty to two felony counts each of manufacturing a controlled substance.

Authorities searched The Perennial Flower Farm, 3036 Gilmore Ave., in October 2003. They discovered "an extensive marijuana and psilocybin mushroom and peyote cactus growing operation," according to the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department.

The set up was in the house, greenhouses and outbuildings. Other narcotics and paraphernalia also were seized.

Steve Bertrand pleaded guilty to manufacture of a controlled substance---marijuana, a Class D felony, and to manufacture of a controlled substance---psilocybin, a Class C felony. He was sentenced to 15 years, but the term was suspended. He will be on probation for five years.

Caroline Bertrand pleaded guilty to the same felony counts and was given a deferred judgment. She will be on probation for five years.

The Bertrands' flower farm had been featured in several newspapers, including the Courier.

In an interview in July 2002, Caroline Bertrand said the farm was open to visitors but remained "a well-kept secret."

"We like to have our customers see what we do and see where everything comes from," she said.

At that time, the Bertrands said they were raising a variety of plants with a focus on the rare and unusual.

"I have found seed sources around the world, and as long as they keep finding new seeds every year we can offer new species," Steve Bertrand said.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Nursery Grows More Than Flowers [Re: Anno]
    #2581444 - 04/20/04 05:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wish they would say how they got caught, so I can know how to avoid such an incodent.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Nursery Grows More Than Flowers [Re: Joshua]
    #2582058 - 04/20/04 12:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

People in those situations Joshua usually get busted becasue of the Marijuana and for the sales of pot. Than the cops find the other drugs. This is a problem since most shroom busts occur becasue of snitches and or because of sales or yuse of other drugs other than mushrooms. PEople who stick to shrooms usually do not get hassled.

mj

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nursery Grows More Than Flowers [Re: Joshua]
    #2585495 - 04/21/04 02:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

In an interview in July 2002, Caroline Bertrand said the farm was open to visitors but remained "a well-kept secret."

"We like to have our customers see what we do and see where everything comes from," she said.

I would think this would've been it.  They didn't think this through very far  :tongue:

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
Re: Nursery Grows More Than Flowers [Re: psyphon]
    #2626606 - 05/01/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wow, he got a 15-year sentence reduced to 5 yrs probation!
how'd that happen? perhaps they followed the rules:

-rule number 1: DENY EVERYTHING
-rule number 2: GET A GOOD LAWYER IMMEDIATELY

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service