Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hemp, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, Scales, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity
    #25814066 - 02/15/19 10:21 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

hello, as the title say i am looking for a hygrometer/thermometer and a humidity controller that works well in fruiting condition rooms, and do not get saturated by hight humidity . Please , let me know the brand or a link . Thanks a lot in advance.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRot
Worlds best trichoderma farmer
Male

Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #25814097 - 02/15/19 10:43 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

You don't need any of this.

Or are you someone who is not going to be home for days at a time?

--------------------

OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: Rot]
    #25814311 - 02/15/19 12:53 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

many times not at home.

Offlineteladi
FUNKSOULBROTHER

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #25814318 - 02/15/19 01:01 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Ink bird has some really good humidity controllers. Couple them with a high pressure mister. Gourmet forums have a lot of builds.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25814324 - 02/15/19 01:02 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cristianosolo said:
many times not at home.

Trying to grow less than 10 pounds of cubes a week you don't need a gauge or humidifier even if you're not home often

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineBeefSupremeJr
Meat Keeper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada 🇨🇦
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25814347 - 02/15/19 01:14 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Dayton.  They have a wall outlet unit that I used for cloning hemp.  Works like a champ.  Dayton is the nursery industry standard for all types of stats.

--------------------

Beefs 7 go-to writeups for beginners

-nobody owes you anything. especially me

InvisibleTeonanautical
Ambassador of the outer realms
Other User Gallery

Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: BeefSupremeJr]
    #25815076 - 02/15/19 06:50 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I spent quite a bit of time on this topic and concluded that it requires a bit of money. The only one that really seemed to work is the Dwyer 657.

I went through an Inkbird, and a Dwyer RHP probe and both crapped out on me.

That said, after I went and spent the money, I was told you can hack of those cheapo ones like Inkibird by covering the wires with RTV. I haven't tried it myself.

But I gotta say, after going through all this: Bodhistta is probably right: not worth it.

OfflineBeefSupremeJr
Meat Keeper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada 🇨🇦
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: Teonanautical]
    #25815289 - 02/15/19 08:27 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Teonanautical said:
I spent quite a bit of time on this topic and concluded that it requires a bit of money. The only one that really seemed to work is the Dwyer 657.

I went through an Inkbird, and a Dwyer RHP probe and both crapped out on me.

That said, after I went and spent the money, I was told you can hack of those cheapo ones like Inkibird by covering the wires with RTV. I haven't tried it myself.

But I gotta say, after going through all this: Bodhistta is probably right: not worth it.

Shit no unless you’re doing whole conex containers full (and who knows—maybe you are)  Then what you really want is called a wet switch.  It’s a calibrateable scale that actually weighs the water droplets.  You’d run high pressure misters on a solonoid and break a leg with the wet switch.. I think Dwyer instruments made one but I’d have to look at a catalog.

--------------------

Beefs 7 go-to writeups for beginners

-nobody owes you anything. especially me

Offlinerockpup
Old skater punk
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere or anywhere
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: BeefSupremeJr]
    #25815334 - 02/15/19 08:47 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah  I have a ink bird its probe wires are pulling out and will not work soon-It was affordable but make sure you watch those probe wires.
I had a hard time getting the humidty and fanning to balance out.
I have a better time using a timer on controlling both aspects just takes time to get it proper.

--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Invisiblesandman420
Honorary Potato
Male

Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: rockpup]
    #25816147 - 02/16/19 08:18 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

WILLHI WH1436H works great.

--------------------
Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.

OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: sandman420]
    #25848325 - 03/02/19 07:51 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

i undestand that without controller is much much better , but for reasons many reasons i have to use one of them... The main reason is that i live in the tropics and my house do not have glass on the windows and is very very very open. Sometimes is so windy in the house that everything get dry so fast, and after 2 days is so humid and wet that everything get moldy ...
i am organizig to make a special place but right now i have to keep my mushrooms inside a hydroponic tent and regulare humidity and FAE. As i am working i cannot stay long time at home...
Tyght now i have a thermopro tp 65 , a thermopro indor tp53 and a regulator INKBIRD: all of them give me a different number of humidity !!!!

i found very interesting the hacking link: let see if i understand well.... I put silicon hight temperature and i put the polyfill around the sensor. Right?
do you think will work with the thermopro too... ?

OfflineCraiggyJ
Stranger
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25849843 - 03/03/19 03:47 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

Cristianosolo said:
many times not at home.

Trying to grow less than 10 pounds of cubes a week you don't need a gauge or humidifier even if you're not home often

Hey Bod, I'm assuming that you're saying that to do more then ten a week you need a humidified grow chamber? Thanks in advance.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for a Humidity controller and a Hygrometer/thermometer working well in hight humidity [Re: CraiggyJ]
    #25850113 - 03/03/19 06:46 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

No but at that point a green house/martha would start to be worth its effort and hassle

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

#25853846 - 03/05/19 11:06 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

i hacked a Inkbird regulator and looks like is working well. i just put high temperature silicone near the wires. For my fruiting room ( which is a small hydroponic tent ) is working very very well and is more precise than the timer. I live in a very open house so the condition iside the tent is very related with the wind and with the regulator i just forget to take care because is starting and shutting the humidifier many times a day without to even look at that... For now i am very happy, i will see how long will last this system or the regulator.

OfflineLeftSideDriver
Stranger
    #25853888 - 03/05/19 11:36 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Auber makes a good one and works with an app called AuberSmart.  You can monitor your set points vs actual temperature and humidity over time and change the set points remotely. Its not cheap at ~$200 US but its really good.

It should be noted though that almost no humidity sensor that is easily attainable will work well above 98%.  They just don’t exist.  Its rare to get one that works well over 90% actually. They can be wildly  innacurate.  I don’t know much about the other ones being mentioned here but I was told to get the Auber to save on frustration and wasted money on other solutions and so far so good!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hemp, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, Scales, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation