Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesan pedro guy
Captain
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: chacha_hammas]
    #25813308 - 02/14/19 07:12 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Hey bod sick ass tek.

I got this one straggler jar here and was wondering if this tek would work. The colonization looks really whispy around the top. It’ll be one week since “100%” (since the bottom connected).

should i flip it upside down after i birth and rinse?

appreciate it bros, anything helps!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAhiddenmess
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: san pedro guy]
    #25817181 - 02/16/19 04:33 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Looking for a reply, been days and I’m running out of options for the best results :frown:

Offlinesan pedro guy
Captain
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Ahiddenmess]
    #25817247 - 02/16/19 05:09 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

hey bro if you only inoculated on the 27 of january it usually takes a month to get to 100%

mine slowed down too. you should just wait. at least one more week. shit takes time.

im looking for answers too but i just birthed mine and its back in the jar with moist verm and a baggie. :smile:

OfflineAhiddenmess
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: san pedro guy]
    #25817640 - 02/16/19 08:17 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you but your situation is pretty straight forward if you read this form. Your questions have already been answered, regardless of the size of the container. I have some slightly different questions regarding stalling/heat pads/ and process for a full quart jar with a top layer of verm. I’m 100% on two jars with heat issues and containment sizes on another 4 jars that may be stalled and what I should do with them. I do appreciate you POV and response but I’m looking for the more informational parties to respond.

Offlineel_toro

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25818001 - 02/17/19 02:08 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Can anybody comment on the two jars in these photos?

This is about 60 hours after inoculation. Are these initial signs of mycelium growth or is there a contamination? While some of the edges appear white and fluffy there is a slight grayish tinge to the middle.

Other jars in the batch don't yet show any such life.

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: el_toro]
    #25818012 - 02/17/19 02:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Not an expert, but those jars both concern me. Could just be the lighting though.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Ahiddenmess]
    #25818508 - 02/17/19 09:33 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ahiddenmess said:
Bod. First of all I want to thank you for all of the knowledge!
Secondly, before I started reading all of your easy asf methods, I kind of went with all of the random information that I have learned throughout the Internet. I kind of had some mishaps along the way as this is my first grow..
I started with 4 pint sized jars of BRF and Verm. WITH the top layer of vermiculite. I inoculated them on 1/27 being very cautious of adopting any type of contamination. As I can tell now I still do not have any. Also I tried very hard to maintain a 77°  Temperature range by putting it in a box with a seedling heating pad with the fan up next to it to do so. What I can tell now is that by using a heating pad, It appears that I have slightly dried out the bottom of my jars because the heat from the pad was much warmer than the air temperature. (Obviously from reading further into it room temperature is a easy enough bet to go with.) I don’t believe that my jars are 100% colonized as of yet. Although further reading has brought to my attention that I may have stalled the jars. But I still do see growth from a day to day point of view.
So problems that have incurred would be:

Filling the PINT size jars, as one would do with half pints and added the extra 1/2 inch of dry verm.
Using a heating pad, which may have dried some of the vermiculite and slowed my colonization rate

Since I’ve learned more and I have removed them from the box and heating pad.  They still seem to be colonizing. Basically my question is, what do you think the next best step would be to save what I have already done to get the maximum growth from them? Do you think that I should, Leave them in the jars and remove the top layer of verm, crumble and shoe box it, or go with a SGFC?
Thanks! I have also included a photo!

Mark with a sharpie see if they're still colonizing. You may fruit them however you wish. I like the individual jar/bag method because i do few cakes and its easy to fruit and manage a handful of them that way.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: el_toro]
    #25818511 - 02/17/19 09:35 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chacha_hammas said:
Thank you Bod, sincerely. I'm happy to have found your teks during my research and i'm grateful for your generosity. This is my first grow of most anything and I'm happy it was this. This itself has been a great journey and has provided a lot of much needed happiness. This has been extremely informative, simple, and effective. And soon we will have lift off! :rocket:

And also, thank you to everyone with all of your detailed questions. They have helped me greatly along the way as well, no doubt!

:cheers: to everyone!

(moved into their new home for fruiting)

(first to rise)

Nice

Quote:

san pedro guy said:
Hey bod sick ass tek.

I got this one straggler jar here and was wondering if this tek would work. The colonization looks really whispy around the top. It’ll be one week since “100%” (since the bottom connected).

should i flip it upside down after i birth and rinse?

appreciate it bros, anything helps!

Yea take it out wash it off etc . Loooks good

Quote:

san pedro guy said:
hey bro if you only inoculated on the 27 of january it usually takes a month to get to 100%

mine slowed down too. you should just wait. at least one more week. shit takes time.

im looking for answers too but i just birthed mine and its back in the jar with moist verm and a baggie. :smile:

What he said

Quote:

el_toro said:
Can anybody comment on the two jars in these photos?

This is about 60 hours after inoculation. Are these initial signs of mycelium growth or is there a contamination? While some of the edges appear white and fluffy there is a slight grayish tinge to the middle.

Other jars in the batch don't yet show any such life.

Those are toast. Mold contaminated

OfflineLobster_Ears
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25818629 - 02/17/19 11:11 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, great tek bod! It’s been working out great so far. I do have a few concerns though. I’m in the ziploc bag/pinning stage and I notice a lot of my pins are on the side against the glass and growing in random directions. Will most of these that don’t make it to the surface die and rot? If not when should I harvest them or what can I do to make sure they reach maturity? Also, after putting the new dry Verm on top one of my jars mycelium devoured the top layer of Verm. Should I add more Verm on top to cover the exposed mycelium? If not, is it still ok to spray water directly on the mycelium?

Thanks!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Lobster_Ears]
    #25818736 - 02/17/19 12:01 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You can always pop the cake out anytime and kill/harvest the side pins. You can directly mist. I wouldn't add more verm. Sometimes overmisting can cause your side pin issues

OfflineOctopus8
Aquatic Shape Shifter
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Theshroommeister]
    #25826498 - 02/20/19 11:16 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Those look beautiful! Did you have to remove the bag when they grew so tall? Or did you simply wait for the veils to break?

Offlinemagu
Stranger

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: magu]
    #25827804 - 02/21/19 01:31 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm back again... The last time I posted, Bod advised me to get the cake back in the jar and switch to a smaller baggy. Long story short, due to being out of town, I didn't do that. I left it exactly as it was when I a
came back to it I had pins...

I re-dunked and rolled this caked on the 25th January... Now, 10 days after seeing the first pin my cake looks like this

Is it possible I'm just experiencing extremely slow growth? Do I have any chance of a successful flush?!

Quote:

magu said:
18 days since I birthed it and still nothing!

I re-dunked for 12hrs on day 14 and have changed the fruiting set up. Will the setup I have in the final picture work?

I'm alternating between a ziplock bag with shotgun style holes in it and a ziplock without holes.

I'm not worried about humidity I think previously my problem was too much humidity/not enough FAE.

Thoughts?

Quote:

magu said:
First post and first grow - thanks Bod for your teks they have been invaluable...

I inoculated 12 brf jars on November 20th 2018 and experienced very very slow colonisation (it's pretty cold where I am).

Finally 10 days ago (50+ days of colonisation) I birthed and dunked my ONE remaining jar. All the others had partially colonised and succumbed to different contams.

I'm top fruiting this jar with a sandwich bag but concerned about FAE. I'm seeing fluffy white growth on the top and also condensation on the inside of the jar.

Any advice? I really don't want to lose this jar. If I can fruit a single mushroom and get a spore print I will be happy!

Thanks magu

Edited by magu (02/21/19 04:52 PM)

Offlinewhumba_tumba
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: magu]
    #25829935 - 02/22/19 12:06 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm getting nothing but side pins, tons of them, and nothing growing out the top through the vermiculite.

im wondering if i should pull them out of the ziploc, put on foil and fruit in plastic grocery bag to let those have space to grow?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: whumba_tumba]
    #25829987 - 02/22/19 12:37 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You should probably not do that. Just harvest them when they're done. You're not gonna maintain a single cake in a plastic bag well.

In the future you can try breaking up and putting the cake bits back into the jar so there's less air gaps against the side. But really it's all about the surface conditions. If your top was spot on, they'll grow there.

Edited by LtLurker (02/22/19 12:38 PM)

Offlinewhumba_tumba
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LtLurker]
    #25830153 - 02/22/19 02:04 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
You should probably not do that. Just harvest them when they're done. You're not gonna maintain a single cake in a plastic bag well.

In the future you can try breaking up and putting the cake bits back into the jar so there's less air gaps against the side. But really it's all about the surface conditions. If your top was spot on, they'll grow there.

Ok, thanks. Yeah I think there was just too much moisture trapped between the cake and the side of the jar.  My next grow I'm going to grate the cakes and do a shoebox with coir.

OfflineLobster_Ears
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: whumba_tumba]
    #25832085 - 02/23/19 11:31 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This may be a dumb question, but after my first flush and harvest using the ziploc method can I shred my cakes to do my second flush in a shoebox? If so, should I dunk them for 24hrs before shredding?

Also, is it ok if I leave my brf cakes in the jars after the first harvest to dry out for a few days (as not all my jars are fruiting at the same rate and I want to wait until they’re all harvested before I dunk and shred.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Lobster_Ears]
    #25832098 - 02/23/19 11:36 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Tubs do best with fresh cakes, I'd ride them out as they are.

No need to dunk before goin to bulk, bulk holds a ton of water.

Just dunk them when you harvest. You can do it in there own jar if want. No good reason to wait.

OfflineOctopus8
Aquatic Shape Shifter
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25833587 - 02/23/19 10:08 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I know this is old, but this is a great idea!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Octopus8]
    #25833590 - 02/23/19 10:09 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

last post was 10 hours ago lol.

:rockon:

Offlineiux
Tubaeformis boi

Loc: Norway
    #25836418 - 02/25/19 09:22 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

:shpongle: The neverending thread :shpongle:

It's so fun to read through the history of this thread :biggrin:

--------------------
Remember to be respectful to each other, be kind, and enjoy life in a responsible way :happyheart:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract