Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts
    #25810743 - 02/13/19 05:52 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/nk-drugs-gifts-02082019092656.html

North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts
2019-02-08 Email story Comment on this story Share
Blocks of methamphetamine confiscated by Chinese police during their latest crackdown on drugs are displayed at the Changsha Public Security Bureau in Changsha city, central China's Hunan province, March 18, 2013.
Blocks of methamphetamine confiscated by Chinese police during their latest crackdown on drugs are displayed at the Changsha Public Security Bureau in Changsha city, central China's Hunan province, March 18, 2013.
Imaginechina
Many North Koreans are spreading holiday cheer this year by giving each other illicit drugs as gifts, sources in the sanctions-hit reclusive nation say.

Known in the West as crystal meth and going by the street name “ice” in North Korea, the drug has gained popularity, and caused many problems in recent years.

During the lunar new year holiday, one of the two most important holidays on the Korean peninsula, Koreans visit their family members bearing gifts. In South Korea the gifts might be cans of spam, fruit or other edible items that can be shared. Meanwhile, young North Koreans instead share meth and other drugs, causing great concern for North Korean authorities.

“Ice has become a best-selling holiday gift item,” said a source from North Hamgyong province in an interview with RFA’s Korean Service.

“Drug dealers don’t have enough supply for their buyers,” the source said.

“The bigger problem is that most of the buyers are young people, even those still in middle school,” the source said.

“In the past, ice users would try to be discreet, not wanting others to know that they were buying, but these days nobody seems to care,” said the source.

“They usually buy ice to snort together during holidays,” said the source, adding, “They want to forget their harsh reality and enjoy themselves.”

“Since the mid-2000s, drugs have become commonplace and the people now think that the holidays are not a joyful time if there are no drugs for them to enjoy,” said the source.

“Social stigmas surrounding drug use [have disappeared], so people now feel that something big is missing if they don’t have ice or opium prepared as a holiday gift,” the source said.

“People usually carefully check the price of products prior to purchase, but they don’t think twice about splurging for meth during the holiday season. [Most people] are close to becoming addicts,” said the source.

Not just a city problem

Another source, from neighboring South Hamgyong province, said that drug use is widespread and not limited to the big cities.

“An increasing number of people are becoming addicted, and ice is sold even in rural and remote areas,” said the source.

“People like ice better than opium because ice costs less and it is stronger,” the source said.

“Ice makers and dealers can be punished with up to the death penalty if they get caught, but they can make a lot of money fast,” said the source, adding, ”There are so many people looking for drugs, so nothing is going to stop [the drug trade].”

The North Korean methamphetamine trade has made headlines recently as the drug has gained popularity.

In August 2016, RFA discovered that construction managers in the capital Pyongyang were supplying ice to workers in hopes of completing showcase projects faster.

Realizing that rampant methamphetamine use among young people could lead to massive social problems, North Korean authorities have tried to stop students and young adults from using the drug, even going as far as interrogating elementary school students.

As efforts to combat the widespread manufacture of ice in North Korea have stepped up though, some North Koreans have set up shop in China and have begun smuggling it over the border.

A few of these entrepreneurs have even realized the market potential for the drug within China itself, foregoing smuggling altogether.

Reported by Myungchul Lee for RFA’s Korean Service. Translated by Leejin Jun. Written in English by Eugene Whong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: sycodelix]
    #25810832 - 02/13/19 06:34 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Sad stuff.  North Koreans also have major issues with intestinal worms from using improperly composted or raw human waste on food plants.

That is one reason why to not cut hay to short for animals.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25810913 - 02/13/19 07:10 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

they're just partying
probably extremely tired from working in factorys 12 hours a day
if you had a gov't that wanted to kill you for using drugs you'd do them too

the worst thing is most asians don't even care
they got their butts handed to them by the british and they hold a gudge against anyone who uses 'illegal' drugs
pointing at people like the mexican cartels when a cop shoots someone and even if they don't the social credit and debt from the offense would bury you
or they'd ban you from entering the country, which is why you have to bribe cops, a lot of them actually smoke weed funnily enough

to think mushrooms were legal in japan a decade ago...

in a country with 30 million extra men, they're going to have a really tough time enforcing these laws

Edited by Konyap (02/13/19 07:16 PM)

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Konyap]
    #25811220 - 02/13/19 09:03 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

When you're already starving to death Meth might not be the best option. Although I suppose the Munchies wouldn't be a great side effect either :strokebeard:

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Magicman69]
    #25811246 - 02/13/19 09:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

If you're starving to death, meth is a great option actually, imo.  It would take away your hunger pains and help you to go for a while.

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: ilus]
    #25811494 - 02/14/19 12:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

illustrain said:
If you're starving to death, meth is a great option actually, imo.  It would take away your hunger pains and help you to go for a while.

It also would be depleting your bodies energy when you already don't have enough nourishment to avoid starving.  Stimulants use up a lot of seratonin/dopamine.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleFungiii
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: musiclover420]
    #25811569 - 02/14/19 01:58 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

:rail2:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Fungiii]
    #25811761 - 02/14/19 05:49 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

North Korea is becoming a failed state.  If they weren't so brainwashed, I don't know how many or how easily they would surrender.  That would be ideal, that they surrender.

The leadership doesn't know squat about how to survive like their people do.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25811977 - 02/14/19 07:40 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

The meth thing (rumors at least) are not new. Supposedly the NK gov sells meth to fund the state. But yes, its a terrible place. Also though i hear about people being free to smoke weed, this stuff, and then also encouraged to grow at least edible mushrooms

But who knows what you can believe about North Korea. Anyone can make up anything and people can believe it with zero evidence

Becoming a failed state? Id say its one of the most horrible places to live on earth, just from the fact that they repress the spread of knowledge so much that its the most secret country that exists. That they were ready to attack because of the movie The Interview

They hate us cause they anus

Anyway we in the western world also should "spread holiday cheer this year by giving each other illicit drugs as gifts"

Also, i guess this is coming from chinese news
I trust them about as much as those chinese "c02" carts all over the streets. The fake brands like KingPen that used to be all real. They have even fancier packaging, but the oil is fake. Someone filled it with distillate if youre lucky.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (02/14/19 07:53 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Fractal420]
    #25811993 - 02/14/19 07:51 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I wound't trust Chinese news.  Coudn't be more boring and a misdirection.

RT news at least puts some fire in your belly.

So does FOX news.  They say the situation like it is, although it's not a good situation.

--------------------

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: sycodelix]
    #25811999 - 02/14/19 07:54 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Something I recently saw really amazed be about NK, I knew it was bad but this really puts it in perspective.

North Korea at night.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Holybullshit]
    #25812008 - 02/14/19 08:00 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Makes it difficult to be targeted blacked out like that.

They don't have the technology that is required for night bombing.  They have outdated technology for ground warfare (which is effective).

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25812027 - 02/14/19 08:06 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I would disagree, and as a russian speaking person, would say dont believe anything you hear on RT

Or FOX news.

But debates about politics can go on forever so just if anything take my word for not trusting RT. Putin puppet show

And yes ive seen that north korea at night thing. Also remember the lack of internet or just free information period.

Also the way this article was written seems like a smear. Im not pro-meth. But. "Most people are close to becoming addicts. If theres no ice for the holidays people get depressed". I mean come on. Imagine you wanna spend the holidays with some shatter and you cant. Or even to have some adderall. The tone is unnecessarily negative

Or if you really want some molly or mushrooms for the holidays. Fuck in NK, assuming this is true (prob not), why wouldnt you want drugs. Some of the only video ive seen brought back by an eye doctor (was on Netflix) shows that many of the people are blind, in more ways than one

Thank you great leader for curing my cataracts.

Common people in NK cant get on this site afaik or even google

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: Fractal420]
    #25812037 - 02/14/19 08:09 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm still a weed addict.  Sometimes I think I need it. 

I don't watch FOX news or RT because they do incite negative emotions.  I don't mind reading and thinking for myself.  Reading is a lot different than a verbal tone.

It takes a big picture and the news would have to make a movie to do that.  I'd be afraid of their potential at that.

--------------------

Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
    #25812387 - 02/14/19 10:59 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

RT and Al jazeera (if it still exists) are good for news about America,  but not about the nations they represent.

--------------------
Fiery Fungi (like us on faeboo)

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

#25812413 - 02/14/19 11:17 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
North Korea is becoming a failed state.  If they weren't so brainwashed, I don't know how many or how easily they would surrender.  That would be ideal, that they surrender.

The leadership doesn't know squat about how to survive like their people do.

I guess your not a Trump supporter. Or you must think the same of your own government and people. SAJLMFAO

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-09/donald-trump-praises-north-korea-with-summit-announcement/10796690

Quote:

Donald Trump praises 'economic rocket' North Korea with summit announcement
US President Donald Trump says North Korea will someday become "a great Economic Powerhouse" under leader Kim Jong-un, heaping praise on the dictator while announcing the location of the pair's next summit.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: rider420]
    #25812457 - 02/14/19 11:50 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I have no idea what you are saying.

--------------------

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
    #25812760 - 02/14/19 02:24 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Well fuck Trump.
Also, my cuntry (America) is the greatest terror state to ever exist. Innocent civilians get bombed in my name every day.  Fuck that.

Also NK does not have the resources to keep the power on for the country. They have to shut it down. They are very poor.

I've seen the documentary mentioned, it was mind blowing. No one thanked the doctor. They only thanked their holy leader.

Edited by LosTresOjos (02/14/19 02:25 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #25812796 - 02/14/19 02:40 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
Well fuck Trump.
Also, my cuntry (America) is the greatest terror state to ever exist. Innocent civilians get bombed in my name every day.  Fuck that.

Also NK does not have the resources to keep the power on for the country. They have to shut it down. They are very poor.

I've seen the documentary mentioned, it was mind blowing. No one thanked the doctor. They only thanked their holy leader.

It's because they have no freedom of speech.  That makes thoughts very dangerous.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: North Koreans Give Crystal Meth as Lunar New Year Gifts [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #25813429 - 02/14/19 09:01 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:

this and that picture you posted are pure propaganda

the country looks like any other country at night

that is a picture of a black out lol

edit: if you think North Korea is bad take a stroll through Tibet one day, you'll think North Korea is old fashioned by comparison.

Edited by Konyap (02/14/19 09:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds