Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
International scams * 1
    #25809100 - 02/13/19 12:43 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Just seen on the news that a woman has been scammed out of thousands of pounds by someone she thought was a US marine in Uganda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47208797

Whenever I hear these stories of people getting scammed I'm amazed that anyone falls for it, but how convincing are the scammers? Has anyone been involved in an elaborate scam? Were you the scammer or the scamee?

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: International scams [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25809113 - 02/13/19 12:49 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Well it seems like more than half the population of humans are basically outright morons. In that half, there's another half that will blow your mind in how stupid they are. Then there's a subsection of that half where some people are so stupid you can't comprehend it.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: International scams [Re: Bumholio]
    #25809132 - 02/13/19 01:04 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:

Whenever I hear these stories of people getting scammed I'm amazed that anyone falls for it, but how convincing are the scammers? Has anyone been involved in an elaborate scam? Were you the scammer or the scamee?

I've been phished by email twice in the last two years... they were pretty fricken obvious too.

It's always someone from Nigeria or Uganda.. Don't ever do business where you have to front money, and don't buy gold/gems/silver from/in any of those two countries.

Luckily I've never been scammed, but a friend of a friends dad got scammed by taking a check for $12,000 for a real solid gold rolex..

I mean.. REALLY?

Use common sense.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: International scams [Re: Bumholio]
    #25809139 - 02/13/19 01:09 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah, I totally forgot recently I posted some .925 sterling silver I had bought for sale at thrift stores on the cheap to flip for profit on the marketplace.... the total was like $250.

This Nigerian guy messaged me and was like Hey blah blah blah, basically, I'll send you a check for $500 after you send me your name, address, and bank account number.

So I actually played along for one more email just for fun.
\

It was hilarious how ignorant this guy was.

Major :facepalm: on scammers behalf. I mean at least be good at it.

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: International scams [Re: Fiery]
    #25809150 - 02/13/19 01:15 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I dress up in a IRS shirt and go to trailer parks and tell the mexicans they owe $350 in back taxes, pay up now or ima call ice & have them deported.

The scam worked a lot better in Texas

The weather is too cold for them here.

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: International scams [Re: Fiery]
    #25809152 - 02/13/19 01:15 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

All the ones I’ve noticed were real obvious, almost stereotype.  The others I missed but, with this scam I think it’s pretty crucial to get old folk who aren’t real sharp atm..

What gets me though is, thieves in general are scum but these dudes targeting elderly people should get a little extra fucking up when their time comes.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: International scams [Re: Amanita86]
    #25809160 - 02/13/19 01:20 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I must be on some list they check first before they scam you.

Only time someone tried to scam me is the fucking bots on POF saying they wanna fuck me after I register to a new site.

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: International scams [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #25809167 - 02/13/19 01:24 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I got scammed out of a pair of Nike shoes, had a feeling it was probably a scam but just wanted to get rid of the shoes as someone gave them to me and they were a ridiculously gaudy pair of sneakers :lol:

Lost a bit of $ on the shipping but probably wouldn't have sold the shoes for much anyways. Have had overall great experiences buying/selling and trading stuff online, scammers are usually pretty obvious.

I used to get the scam phone calls pretty often. The sad part is older folks fall for it all the time.

Quote:

TexXx said:
I must be on some list they check first before they scam you.

Only time someone tried to scam me is the fucking bots on POF saying they wanna fuck me after I register to a new site.

Man the bots are getting out of hand on a lot of sites. At least they are always pretty blatant on dating sites :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#25809185 - 02/13/19 01:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_Rate_Pricing

I did telemarketing for this company.  We didn’t call it slamming but, is what it is.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25809237 - 02/13/19 03:32 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
All the ones I’ve noticed were real obvious, almost stereotype.  The others I missed but, with this scam I think it’s pretty crucial to get old folk who aren’t real sharp atm..

What gets me though is, thieves in general are scum but these dudes targeting elderly people should get a little extra fucking up when their time comes.

Yeah, most of the ones I've seen have been on older folk. I'd be on the 1st plane to Nigeria if they done it on my grandparents :shrug:

Quote:

TexXx said:

That app sucks fucking balls :kittylaugh:

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: International scams [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25809343 - 02/13/19 05:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I worked for a diploma mill for about a year and a half. We were based in Montreal, been around forever.

They used to have ads with stamps that had subjects on them like accounting had a stamp, you rip off the stamps for the subjects you were interested in and stuck them to the postage paid postcard. We alsob had commercials that listed a crazy number of subjects.

Like train for a career in:

gunsmithing
early childhood education
private investigator

etc. The big one, I estimate 75 percent of our students took, was High School diploma. The problem was it wasn't recognized by any college anywhere. It was like they paid 600 bucks for something we just printed up. We used to print each other joke diplomas, that office was a culture of just total disrespect for the customers

Everything about it was a scam, we were dealing with mostly either hicks or black folks and none of them ever read the fine print. To cancel you had to send everything back and also send a registered cancel letter, no one ever got refunds. We sent credit collectons after thousands of people who just wanted to make their lives better.

We operated out of a PO box in St Albans VT which is right next to the Canadian border, when people asked where we were were always said Vermont. To this day the first page of Google is all positive. There was a scam search site that made it to page one and the school fucking bought it, now its an ad for the school. They are amazing at search engine optimization. Last I heard the US postmaster general and federal trade commission were looking into them, but they seem to be immune. The guy that owns it is stinking rich like it did really well, huge building and huge staff.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/02/ftc-files-action-against-stratford-career-institute-misleading

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale