Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineBigbadwooof
Trump's Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear article * 1
    #25798507 - 02/08/19 03:37 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

I was watching an RT video on YouTube today, and noticed that beneath the video, it links to a WikiPedia page, that essentially suggests that RT is part of the "Russian Propaganda machine".

This is the wikipedia page.

Here is a small excerpt from that page:

Quote:

RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[11] and its foreign policy.[12][13][14][15][16][17] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation[17][18][19] by news reporters,[20][21] including some former RT reporters.[22][23][24] The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content.[25][26][27][28] RT's editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it "waging the information war against the entire Western world." [29] September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.

This is the video:

I have to wonder why they don't do the same for other news outlets. They should have a link to their funding pages, and talk about how they have also been 'accused of spreading propaganda'. MSN, Fox, CNN, etc have all been accused of spreading propaganda.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"Real change never happens from the top down, but from the bottom up. The American Revolution, Civil Rights movement, Women's Suffage, etc' - Bernie Sanders
Every one of you should see this video.
"Not to be a dick but we grow felonies and are adults here. And that's the real answer!" - Trusted Cultivator

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear article [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #25798564 - 02/08/19 05:06 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

I used to watch RT. When they started calling Fukushima the world’s worst nuclear disaster i started to notice other examples of subtle pro Russian spin they would insert into other stories.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear article [Re: koods]
    #25798581 - 02/08/19 05:34 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Lol that video. They’re doing exactly what they are accused of doing. That entire report was text book propaganda.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear article [Re: koods] * 1
    #25798633 - 02/08/19 06:42 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I used to watch RT. When they started calling Fukushima the world’s worst nuclear disaster i started to notice other examples of subtle pro Russian spin they would insert into other stories.

It's already been pointed out to you that RT was correct about this.

Here's more:

Move Over Chernobyl, Fukushima is Now Officially the Worst Nuclear Power Disaster in History
Quote:

The radiation dispersed into the environment by the three reactor meltdowns at Fukushima-Daiichi in Japan has exceeded that of the April 26, 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe, so we may stop calling it the “second worst” nuclear power disaster in history. Total atmospheric releases from Fukushima are estimated to be between 5.6 and 8.1 times that of Chernobyl, according to the 2013 World Nuclear Industry Status Report.

I guess RT is more accurate than whatever garbage you're reading...  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear article [Re: koods] * 1
    #25798635 - 02/08/19 06:43 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Lol that video. They’re doing exactly what they are accused of doing. That entire report was text book propaganda.

Tell us what was fake or misleading about the report.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear arti [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25798672 - 02/08/19 07:20 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

There’s so much but the most egregious example is when he says the mueller investigation has found no evidence of Russian meddling. That’s ridiculous. There have been multiple indictments of Russians for the hacks and for the social media campaign. he’s lying.

As for Chernobyl vs. Fukushima. Not even close. Chernobyl killed more than one hundred people. Hundreds more got acute radiation sickness. Nobody died or even got sick from Fukushima. Chernobyls radiation was blasted into the atmosphere while Fukushima was mostly into the ocean. Because of this the Chernobyl radiation spread and settled over huge areas, while Fukushima’s has been diluted to near undetectable levels except in the immediate area. There are likely to be very few long term health consequences from Fukushima radiation. There are at least 15,000 cases of thyroid cancer from Chernobyl.

One of the main reasons Chernobyl is so much worse is because the Soviets downplayed what happened. They didn’t protect and evacuate people who were being exposed. They didn’t even admit anything had happened for days. The world found out because radiation levels started spiking in Europe. In Japan, the disaster played out on live TV and people were evacuated before any radiation had been released. The Russian accident was due to human operator error while Japan’s was a natural disaster.

Like I said. Russian propaganda and you fall for it every time. You are putty in their hands and you can’t even see it when it’s pointed out to you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/forget-fukushima-chernobyl-still-holds-record-as-worst-nuclear-accident-for-public-health-57942

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear arti [Re: koods]
    #25798683 - 02/08/19 07:28 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
There’s so much but the most egregious example is when he says the mueller investigation has found no evidence of Russian meddling. That’s ridiculous. There have been multiple indictments of Russians for the hacks and for the social media campaign. he’s lying.

We've discussed those at length, and you know those stories are all falling apart.  Or maybe you can summarize what meddling they have been proven to have done?  Click bait ads on Facebook with under $5,000 in political content?

Quote:

koods said:
As for Chernobyl vs. Fukushima. Not even close.

That depends on how you measure it.  Radiation released, or people harmed.  Fukushima released the most radiation.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear arti [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25798721 - 02/08/19 08:13 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Nah you’re just wrong. It’s not really debatable. It’s kinda amazing you’re attempting to argue it. Chernobyl was worse by all accounts. This is how badly you have been manipulated by this kind propaganda. It’s not even close dude.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nioshtic-2/20044908.html

Quote:

AbstractThe environmental impacts of the nuclear accidents of Chernobyl and Fukushima are compared. In almost every respect, the consequences of the Chernobyl accident clearly exceeded those of the Fukushima accident. In both accidents, most of the radioactivity released was due to volatile radionuclides (noble gases, iodine, cesium, tellurium). However, the amount of refractory elements (including actinides) emitted in the course of the Chernobyl accident was approximately four orders of magnitude higher than during the Fukushima accident. For Chernobyl, a total release of 5300 PBq (excluding noble gases) has been established as the most cited source term. For Fukushima, we estimated a total source term of 520 (340-800) PBq. In the course of the Fukushima accident, the majority of the radionuclides (more than 80%) was transported off shore and deposited in the Pacific Ocean. Monitoring campaigns after both accidents reveal that the environmental impact of the Chernobyl accident was much greater than of the Fukushima accident. Both the highly contaminated areas and the evacuated areas are smaller around Fukushima and the projected health effects in Japan are significantly lower than after the Chernobyl accident. This is mainly due to the fact that food safety campaigns and evacuations worked quickly and efficiently after the Fukushima accident. In contrast to Chernobyl, no fatalities due to acute radiation effects occurred in Fukushima.

--------------------

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trump's Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25799056 - 02/08/19 12:14 PM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

It wasn't propaganda... MSNBC WAS SPREADING PROPAGANDA!!! What the fuck are you talking about dude? MSNBC said that Russia was backing Tulsi Gabbard, which has been proven to be false, by the NYT. They ran with the story anyway, and attributed it to RT, but the story didn't come from RT, it came from the NYT! Kacie Hunt has been absolutely blasted on twitter for pushing the story.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"Real change never happens from the top down, but from the bottom up. The American Revolution, Civil Rights movement, Women's Suffage, etc' - Bernie Sanders
"Not to be a dick but we grow felonies and are adults here. And that's the real answer!" - Trusted Cultivator

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trump's Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RT YouTube videos have warning beneath them that links to Wikipedia smear arti [Re: koods]
    #25799064 - 02/08/19 12:20 PM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

I believe he said that the Mueller investigation has found no evidence of Russia supporting Gabbard, not Russian meddling in general.

--------------------
FARTS

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25799100 - 02/08/19 12:39 PM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Nah you’re just wrong. It’s not really debatable. It’s kinda amazing you’re attempting to argue it. Chernobyl was worse by all accounts. This is how badly you have been manipulated by this kind propaganda. It’s not even close dude.

No, not by all accounts.  Fukushima released more radiation.

Why don't you pull up the rt.com article to show us whether or not they were actually being deceptive.

I'm curious to see if they were misleading or not.    I'm willing to bet you're being a lot more dishonest than they were.

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (02/08/19 12:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

General Interest >> Political Discussion