Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube'
    #25795131 - 02/06/19 01:10 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

A news report from the BBC website today; an update on the trial of a man charged with manslaughter and supplying drugs (reported to be 2CP) after the death of a young woman at a UK festival in September 2017:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-47144139

Quote:

A woman who died after a drug overdose at a music festival urged her boyfriend to film her while she was high and post it on YouTube, a court has heard.

Louella Fletcher-Michie, 24, was found dead in woods on the Bestival site in Dorset in September 2017.

Boyfriend Ceon Broughton, 29, denies manslaughter and supplying drugs.

In his phone footage, Ms Fletcher-Michie - the daughter of Holby City actor John Michie - said she was having the "best trip I've ever had".

Winchester Crown Court previously heard she had taken the Class A drug 2CP at the event held in the grounds of Lulworth Castle.

In the 50-minute video, shown to jurors, she shouted: "This is mad. I'm so happy, the best day of my life. I've taken acid before. This ain't acid. I was not expecting this.

"Mum, I love you. Dad, I love you... I see through everything."

In the video, Ms Fletcher-Michie was seen having a non-stop rant and repeatedly waved her arms and slapped herself.

She also urged Mr Broughton to "make sure this goes on YouTube" and shouted at him to "film me", "call my mum" and "call my brother, call my sister".

At times he appeared to smile as he turned the camera on himself and told her "it's between me and you".

He also told her to "put your phone away" and asked her to turn on airplane mode, which disables calls and messaging, as she talks about contacting her mum.

The court has previously heard Ms Fletcher-Michie's family rushed down to the festival site in Dorset from London after contacting Mr Broughton.

In later recordings on Mr Broughton's phone, Ms Fletcher-Michie made incoherent high-pitched noises and grunts.

A male voice told her: "Stop eating these thorns. You're just going to cut your beautiful skin."

Recordings made after 21:00 BST on 10 September contained loud screams and images of blood-covered hands.

The jury was shown an image from the phone of a person, thought to be Ms Fletcher-Michie, lying on the ground with her eyes closed at 23:24.

She was found dead by security guards at 01:15 on what would have been her 25th birthday, the court previously heard.

Prosecutors have claimed Mr Broughton failed to seek help because he feared breaching a suspended jail sentence.

The trial continues.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: Aldebaran]
    #25795199 - 02/06/19 01:41 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

So what even happened? Did she OD?

Quote:

A male voice told her: "Stop eating these thorns. You're just going to cut your beautiful skin."

Recordings made after 21:00 BST on 10 September contained loud screams and images of blood-covered hands.

Sounds like she might have been going bonkers and the dude was trying to keep her together, but WTF is up with the screams and blood? They don't mention anything about the cause...

Anyways quite tragic, RIP.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineTheBoomking
I really am Bret McKenzie
 User Gallery

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: musiclover420]
    #25796575 - 02/07/19 04:46 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

wtf is 2cp... if its related to pcp then no surprises here she od, RIP

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: TheBoomking]
    #25796763 - 02/07/19 07:36 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

2CP is an analog of 2CI and I think that is an analog of mescaline.  2CI which ive had is decent.  Others like 2ce, and 2cb,and i guess 2cp require a scale that can read 1mg or less accurately to measure a non lethal dose.  People try to eye ball it and then water it down hoping they hit the high and not the death amount. From what ive read id Never want to try weighing a non lethal dose.  Im also very glad that a RC vendor has never sent me a Fent analog as a sample as afraid i die from handling such a sample.

Edited by downlowfunk (02/07/19 07:41 AM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: TheBoomking]
    #25797216 - 02/07/19 12:10 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheBoomking said:

The article doesn't mention anything about an OD, and it definitely wasn't PCP related.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: musiclover420]
    #25797534 - 02/07/19 03:12 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

TheBoomking said:

The article doesn't mention anything about an OD, and it definitely wasn't PCP related.

first line in the article:  "A woman who died after a drug overdose at a music festival urged her boyfriend to film her while she was high and post it on YouTube, a court has heard."

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

OfflineTheBoomking
I really am Bret McKenzie
 User Gallery

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: split_by_nine]
    #25797720 - 02/07/19 04:36 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

yeah def sounds like an OD which is awful, poor girl poor fam poor bf too, shits just absolutely tragic... wish trump would experiment with the stuff though lmao

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: split_by_nine]
    #25797751 - 02/07/19 04:50 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

TheBoomking said:

first line in the article:  "A woman who died after a drug overdose at a music festival urged her boyfriend to film her while she was high and post it on YouTube, a court has heard."

Have they released any results from her autopsy or anything? Curious to know if it was actually a 2c or some other RC :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Re: Holby City star's daughter 'wanted drugs trip on YouTube' [Re: downlowfunk] * 1
    #25798920 - 02/08/19 09:03 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk wrote: 2CP is an analog of 2CI and I think that is an analog of mescaline.  2CI which ive had is decent.  Others like 2ce, and 2cb,and i guess 2cp require a scale that can read 1mg or less accurately to measure a non lethal dose.  People try to eye ball it and then water it down hoping they hit the high and not the death amount. From what ive read id Never want to try weighing a non lethal dose.

Thanks for that info; I've heard of some of these 2C drugs before but not 2CP.

Quote:

musiclover420 wrote: Have they released any results from her autopsy or anything? Curious to know if it was actually a 2c or some other RC

I've found a bit more info online, and the BBC article appears to be somewhat misleading as it clearly implies an overdose of 2CP.

This is an article from the Mirror (UK tabloid newspaper) dated 28 Feb 2018, reporting on the coroner's inquest:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronation-street-star-john-michies-12097145

Quote:

Coronation Street star John Michie's daughter's cause of death revealed after boyfriend charged with Bestival manslaughter

Toxicology tests showed Louella Michie, 25, died from an overdose of ecstasy and ketamine in a wooded area near to the Bestival site

The daughter of Coronation Street actor John Michie died after taking an overdose of ecstasy and ketamine at a music festival, an inquest heard today.

Louella Michie went missing at Bestival at Lulworth Castle, Dorset, having taken the illegal substances.

A search involving the police was launched for the 25-year-old and her body was found in a secluded wooded area on the festival site during the early hours of September 11 last year.

Although an initial post mortem examination proved inconclusive, further toxicology tests showed Miss Michie died from an overdose of MDMA - ecstasy - and the tranquiliser drug ketamine.

An inquest heard the model would have endured a period of agitation as a result of taking the drugs before her airways became blocked.

During the festival, Dorset police issued warnings about rogue pale blue ecstasy pills that contained an unknown substance and were known to be in circulation.

Miss Michie, whose father also appeared in Coronation Street, attended the festival with her musician boyfriend Ceon Broughton.

After her death he was arrested on suspicion of murder and supplying a class A drug but later released on bail.

Last week he was charged with manslaughter by negligence in connection with Miss Michie's death.

He is due to appear in court next month.

An inquest into Miss Michie's death was today opened and adjourned by the Dorset coroner Rachael Griffin in Bournemouth.

During the brief hearing, coroner's officer Nikki Muller said: "Police were called to the Bestival site and she [Miss Michie] was taken to a nearby hospital.

"Her father identified her the next day.

"A post mortem examination was conducted Dr [Russell] Delaney who was initially unable to give a preliminary cause of death.

"Her body was released for the purposes of her funeral but he kept hold of some tissues."

Miss Muller said Dr Delaney later came back with a conclusion Miss Michie died of a ketamine and MDMA overdose which caused a long period of agitation, restraint and blocked airways.

The inquest was adjourned until June 25.

Mr Broughton, 29, from Enfield, north London, is due to appear at Poole Magistrates' Court on March 23 to answer the manslaughter charges he faces.

Compare this to another BBC report dated 20 April 2018:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-43835456

Quote:

Bestival death: Louella Fletcher-Michie 'first to die from drug 2C-P'.

A 25-year-old woman who was found dead at a music festival was the first person to die from taking the drug 2C-P, a court has heard.

Louella Fletcher-Michie, the daughter of Holby City actor John Michie, died at the Bestival site in Dorset in September.

Ceon Broughton, 29, is charged with her manslaughter by gross negligence but has not entered any pleas.

The case was adjourned for a pre-trial hearing on 20 July.

Richard Thomas, defending, told Winchester Crown Court: "There have been no deaths from this drug before."

A post-mortem examination revealed Ms Fletcher-Michie died following the use of 2C-P and ketamine and MDMA, an inquest at Bournemouth Coroners' Court heard before it was adjourned until June.

Her body was found in a wooded area on the edge of the festival site at Lulworth Castle shortly before 01:00 BST on 11 September.

Following her death, Mr Michie said the family had "lost an angel".

Mr Broughton, of Island Centre Way, Enfield, London, is also charged with three counts of supplying 2C-P, a class A drug, at both the Bestival and Glastonbury festivals.

So The Mirror and the BBC both report on the verdict of the same inquest and come up with two conflicting reports:

Mirror: Toxicology tests showed Louella Michie, 25, died from an overdose of ecstasy and ketamine in a wooded area near to the Bestival site

BBC: A 25-year-old woman who was found dead at a music festival was the first person to die from taking the drug 2C-P, a court has heard.

It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in journalism when they can't even agree on the basic facts given out by public authorities at an inquest. :rolleyes:

Quote:

musiclover240 wrote: Sounds like she might have been going bonkers and the dude was trying to keep her together, but WTF is up with the screams and blood?

I assume she was a little bit 'out of it' and was holding or chewing on something sharp like brambles (common weeds with sharp thorns found in hedgerows e.t.c), which would result in a lot of small cuts on your hands quite easily.

Another BBC report from yesterday (7 Feb) describes in a bit more detail what actually happened at the festival:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-47156910

Quote:

Holby City star 'begged to reach daughter at Bestival'

Actor John Michie has told a jury he begged security staff at a music festival to let him through the gates as his daughter lay dying inside.

He and his wife rushed to the Bestival site after hearing Louella Fletcher-Michie, 24, screeching "like a wild animal" on the phone, a court heard.

Winchester Crown Court has heard she was found dead after taking 2CP.

Boyfriend Ceon Broughton, 29, denies manslaughter and supplying drugs.

The court heard Mr Michie and his wife Carol drove 130 miles (209km) from London to the festival, held at Lulworth Castle, Dorset to get to their daughter.

Giving evidence, the Holby City star wept as he described his efforts to persuade a member of security staff to let him in.

He said he eventually convinced one attendant to take his phone, which had a location pin-drop sent to them by Mr Broughton, while they waited at the entrance.

The couple waited up to 90 minutes before they heard their daughter's body had been found, he said.

Carol Fletcher-Michie, told the court she heard her daughter repeating phrases in a "horrible voice" as she spoke to Mr Broughton on the phone on 10 September 2017.

"She was like a wild animal in the background. That was the last time I heard her voice. She was screeching," she told the jury.

The trial previously heard Ms Fletcher-Michie had urged her boyfriend to film her after she had taken the Class A drug.

She was found dead by security guards at 01:15 on what would have been her 25th birthday.

Prosecutors have alleged Mr Broughton failed to seek help because he feared breaching a suspended jail sentence.

In the witness box, Mr Michie described how he had later released a statement defending Mr Broughton, after newspapers reported that a murder investigation was under way.
'Drama queen' jibe

"I believed him to be a good person at the time. Clearly, I made a mistake.

"I didn't realise how in the six hours he was with her, he had not taken her to get help, how he had seen her very, very distressed state.

"I believe he even filmed her after she was dead.

"I think Louella loved Ceon. I'm not sure that he loved her.

"I don't know how you could say you love someone if you left them to die in front of you.

"If I was in Ceon's situation, I would have taken another human being, let alone my girlfriend who I was supposed to love, to a medical tent to save her life."

Mr Michie said Mr Broughton dismissed his daughter for overreacting, adding: "I've since learnt he described her as a drama queen, which is hurtful."

Describing the phone call from Mr Broughton, Mr Michie said: "The thing that I most remember was that Louella seemed very distressed.

"I could hear her in the background shouting things like 'I hate you, I don't trust you', obviously referring to Ceon.

"I've never heard her speak in that way. It almost didn't sound like her."

Mr Michie said Mr Broughton's voice, on loudspeaker, sounded "watery", "without energy in it" and he didn't seem "compos mentis".

"He didn't seem to be concerned, I thought. Obviously any normal person would be concerned," he added.
'No urgency'

Stephen Kamlish QC, defending Mr Broughton, said a lot of what Mr Michie had told the jury was wrong.

"You don't know for example how many times he told people where he was," he said.

Ms Fletcher-Michie's sister, Daisy, told the court how she pleaded with Mr Broughton on the phone to take Louella to a medical tent.

"I couldn't get any sense of urgency... He didn't say much at all, just like a really slow, 'yeah, yeah, ok," she said.

"There's no way I can believe in six hours someone [wouldn't make] their best efforts to get 400m to a medical tent."

Mr Kamlish suggested the terrain was difficult and Ms Fletcher-Michie was angry at her boyfriend.

"I'm pretty sure a 28-year-old man could overpower her in a desperate situation like that and carry her," Daisy Fletcher-Michie replied.

Her brother, Sam, recalled how he asked Mr Broughton what drug his sister had taken.

"It was 2CB and he said, 'but I bumped it up a bit,'" Mr Fletcher-Michie told the court.

He said he did not not understand whether that meant a bigger dose or an additional drug, and he thought 2CB and 2CP were the same thing.

Mr Kamlish said: "You may have thought you heard 'bumped it up', but you heard 'bumped it'," which the barrister said was a phrase meaning 'took drugs'.

Sam Fletcher-Michie insisted he had heard correctly.

Earlier, the jury in the case was reduced to 11 after the judge discharged a woman "for personal reasons".

The trial has previously heard Mr Broughton has pleaded guilty to supplying 2CP to Ms Fletcher-Michie and her friend at Glastonbury Festival in 2017.

The trial continues.

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#25798947 - 02/08/19 09:15 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

The whole story is very sad, but it also makes me angry, and I think the government's own drugs policy should be put under trial for manslaughter every time someone dies from taking a different drug than they were expecting at doses they can't be sure of.

This quote from Louella's phone footage is particularly damning:

Quote:

I've taken acid before. This ain't acid. I was not expecting this.

Assuming the 2CP was in blotter form (is this likely?) it's possible she was intending to candy-flip, and the 'acid'  turned out to be 2CP and the ecstasy pills contained ketamine along with a higher than expected dose of MDMA. It's hard to be sure what she actually thought she was taking.

The unfortunate result of banning the classic psychedelics is that people end up accidentally taking things which are far more dangerous and which they know nothing about. Also the risk of taking MDMA is increased when you are unable to control the exact dose you are taking (even assuming you have genuine MDMA in the first place), especially if you have bought pills at a festival. And of course people are more reluctant to seek medical help if illegal drugs are involved, and medical help is harder to give when you can't be sure what someone actually took.

Society as a whole seems quite prepared to let young people die as the penalty for the crime of wanting to have a good time at a festival, putting them at risk from RCs and unknown doses instead of letting them make informed choices about what drugs, what doses and what risks they want to take. It's always someone else's child, my child would never take illegal drugs, until they do, and it isn't.

R.I.P. Louella

:nyan:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25799476 - 02/08/19 02:12 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for doing all that research! Definitely seems like there is a bit more to the story.

Indeed a very sad situation all around. That last article does make it sound like the "boyfriend" was being very negligent to her situation, but there's still a lot of missing info including what if anything he was on.

I've been in some crazy situations with people wigging out on drugs, and it can be very hard to know what to do when you are also very high. But assuming the boyfriend did "bump up" her dosage that seems pretty sketchy unless she asked him to.

This seems like a tough mix of personal responsibility, shitty drug/festival regulations, and not being worried enough about your friend's health.

RIP indeed...

:feelsbadman:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale