Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejimothy
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? *DELETED*
    #25789423 - 02/04/19 01:00 AM (2 years, 27 days ago)

Post deleted by jimothy

Reason for deletion: solved

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXnMe
Somth'n of a Somth'n
 User Gallery

Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: jimothy]
    #25789456 - 02/04/19 01:20 AM (2 years, 27 days ago)

Lower temps to 70,higher temps breed contamination.
doesn't look too good there..
Also your jar is looking a bit to wet.

Have you gave it a smell?

--------------------
:volcano: Thanks too all :volcano:
        Best Tek List, click it

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: XnMe]
    #25789501 - 02/04/19 01:51 AM (2 years, 27 days ago)

I wouldn't use it.

Invisiblesporealchemy
ok

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25789514 - 02/04/19 02:04 AM (2 years, 27 days ago)

Looks like metabolites. How far into consolidation are you?

--------------------
"Once your spawn jars are fully colonized, you can scratch your butt while you inoculate the coir if you want."-RR

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: XnMe]
    #25790970 - 02/04/19 05:42 PM (2 years, 26 days ago)

Yes,smells mushroomy.

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: sporealchemy]
    #25791000 - 02/04/19 05:49 PM (2 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

sporealchemy said:
Looks like metabolites. How far into consolidation are you?

I had myceluim colonizing in the jars from Dec 16 - Feb 4. I know this is a long time but I was worried the brown rice flower wasn't fully colonized. The other jars look good. During the first couple weeks it was getting too cold... around 60F at night, which may have delayed growth. What should I do with this jar? Separate and try to proceed growing in another fruiting chamber? Thanks for the help.

Invisiblesporealchemy
ok

Folding@home Statistics
    #25791078 - 02/04/19 06:16 PM (2 years, 26 days ago)

If the outside is fully white, that’s full colonization and then you should set the week timer for consolidation. Maybe a little longer than a week because of the temperature like you did already. I’d birth, dunk, roll and put in the fruiting chamber- or top fruit it- however you plan to do it is fine. That cake could perform really well given there are no invisible mold contams and that you keep fruiting conditions in check.
That looks like metabolites, which are normal. If it actually is some bacteria, it won’t spread to your other cakes.
If you’re still worried, separate it and top fruit it.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=24981864&page=0&vc=1#24981864

:mushroom2:

--------------------
"Once your spawn jars are fully colonized, you can scratch your butt while you inoculate the coir if you want."-RR

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

#25791475 - 02/04/19 08:49 PM (2 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

sporealchemy said:
If the outside is fully white, that’s full colonization and then you should set the week timer for consolidation. Maybe a little longer than a week because of the temperature like you did already. I’d birth, dunk, roll and put in the fruiting chamber- or top fruit it- however you plan to do it is fine. That cake could perform really well given there are no invisible mold contams and that you keep fruiting conditions in check.
That looks like metabolites, which are normal. If it actually is some bacteria, it won’t spread to your other cakes.
If you’re still worried, separate it and top fruit it.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=24981864&page=0&vc=1#24981864

:mushroom2:

Awesome thanks for the info sporealchemy! I just dunked and rolled all cakes. I have the questionable cake in a separate container. What is the ideal temp and humidity for the fruiting chamber?

Invisiblesporealchemy
ok

Folding@home Statistics
    #25791741 - 02/04/19 11:09 PM (2 years, 26 days ago)

Don’t do anything special for humidity and temp in the chamber. Just have the ambient room temp around 75 and mist the cakes as needed (if they look dry give em a light mist). Hunidity value in the chamber doesn’t matter. The misting combined with the surface area the verm provides creates a nice microclimate on the surface of the cakes.
Check this bottom watering tek- you may need it if you birthed, dunked, and rolled all at once. The dunk usually is for 18-24hrs.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25017449

--------------------

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

#25792493 - 02/05/19 11:16 AM (2 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

sporealchemy said:
Don’t do anything special for humidity and temp in the chamber. Just have the ambient room temp around 75 and mist the cakes as needed (if they look dry give em a light mist). Hunidity value in the chamber doesn’t matter. The misting combined with the surface area the verm provides creates a nice microclimate on the surface of the cakes.
Check this bottom watering tek- you may need it if you birthed, dunked, and rolled all at once. The dunk usually is for 18-24hrs.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25017449

I dunked for about 24 hours. The reason I ask about temperature is because room temp in my place is between 55-65F this time of the year. I have a little heating pad with a thermostat which I started using for the jars to keep temp around 75. I suppose it would be safe to use it under the tub.

Invisiblesporealchemy
ok

Folding@home Statistics
    #25792780 - 02/05/19 01:42 PM (2 years, 25 days ago)

Oh my bad! I thought you had done it all at once for some reason. They won’t stall at 65. They will colonize and fruit slower, sometimes yielding more dense fruits. Hard to say with the heating pad. I haven’t  found one that goes to a low enough setting but I suspect your thermostat would help. Usually they are too hot on the immediate surface of the pad but it may be fine for a sgfc bc of the layer of perlite. “Incubation” can be tricky. It’s a dated concept for cubes but some ppl have cold houses. I’ve seen some ppl put things in kitchen style cabinets with the pad upright against the back wall and crack the cabinet if they can’t get temps above 65. That’s for things in jars, though.
I’m sure you’ll be able to dial it in. You learn what works for you by doing it:thumbup:
Just be weary of a pad speeding up evaporation and if you’re using a sgfc, it should have holes on all 6 sides and be slightly elevated off of whatever surface it’s on.

--------------------

InvisibleXnMe
Somth'n of a Somth'n
 User Gallery

#25792853 - 02/05/19 02:25 PM (2 years, 25 days ago)

Sitting jars on a heating pad during colonization will more likely help contamination grow.
Just a FYI
your jars should be fine at 65°

--------------------
:volcano: Thanks too all :volcano:
        Best Tek List, click it

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

#25799305 - 02/08/19 02:16 PM (2 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

sporealchemy said:
Oh my bad! I thought you had done it all at once for some reason. They won’t stall at 65. They will colonize and fruit slower, sometimes yielding more dense fruits. Hard to say with the heating pad. I haven’t  found one that goes to a low enough setting but I suspect your thermostat would help. Usually they are too hot on the immediate surface of the pad but it may be fine for a sgfc bc of the layer of perlite. “Incubation” can be tricky. It’s a dated concept for cubes but some ppl have cold houses. I’ve seen some ppl put things in kitchen style cabinets with the pad upright against the back wall and crack the cabinet if they can’t get temps above 65. That’s for things in jars, though.
I’m sure you’ll be able to dial it in. You learn what works for you by doing it:thumbup:
Just be weary of a pad speeding up evaporation and if you’re using a sgfc, it should have holes on all 6 sides and be slightly elevated off of whatever surface it’s on.

I drilled holes on 5 sides of the tub (not the bottom). Cakes have been in the chamber on a heating pad, keeping it around 60°F. Like I said, my house gets cold. I've been misting and fanning  periodically for the past 4 days and no sign of pinning yet. Humidity in my room is already high. The chambers humidity is at 99% now. I'm not sure how much sunlight is needed but I've been leaving it near the window in indirect sunlight. The only changes I've seen with the cakes is a slight frothy white substance overtaking the verm... I was worried it was mold but I think it's just the mycelium. I'm not sure if something is wrong or not with my grow because of the lack of pinning. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Pictures attached.

OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #25799617 - 02/08/19 05:18 PM (2 years, 22 days ago)

I think that is " Overage" 🙂

Offlinejimothy
Stranger

Re: 1st grow. Brown spots... contamination? [Re: Anoobus]
    #25800069 - 02/08/19 09:29 PM (2 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Anoobus said:
I think that is " Overage" 🙂

Meaning what?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started