Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed
    #25787558 - 02/03/19 07:03 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_au/article/43gey3/mushrooms-are-the-safest-drug-you-can-take

Shrooms Are the Safest Drug You Can Take
By Susan Rinkunas
|
02 February 2019, 11:18pm

Farmer Images / Getty

TWEET
Magic mushrooms, the psychedelic drug that can help treat anxiety and depression and could help with addiction, are the safest recreational drug you can take. That's according to the annual Global Drug Survey, which polled close to 120,000 people in 50 countries about their drug and alcohol use.

More than 12,000 people said they did shrooms in 2016 and just 0.2 percent of them said they needed emergency medical care afterward, a rate that was five to six times lower than LSD, cocaine, MDMA, and alcohol, and three times lower than weed.

courtesy: Global Drug Survey

Adam Winstock, a consultant addiction psychiatrist and founder of the Global Drug Survey, told the Guardian that the bigger risk with shrooms is accidentally eating the wrong variety of mushroom. "Magic mushrooms are one of the safest drugs in the world," he said. "Death from toxicity is almost unheard of with poisoning with more dangerous fungi being a much greater risk in terms of serious harms."

Of course, you might still have a bad trip, so Winfield advises not combining shrooms and alcohol, and using them with trusted company and in a safe place. That will help reduce your risk of injury, disorientation, and panic attacks. Though in a study out of Johns Hopkins last year, 84 percent of users who had a bad trip said they actually benefited from the experience

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: sycodelix] * 4
    #25787732 - 02/03/19 08:45 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

The primary flaw with this assertion is that ER visits are an appropriate measure of "safety." That, and it doesn't include a denominator accounting for use frequency.

Pretty much a garbage article IMO.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: badchad]
    #25788255 - 02/03/19 01:42 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah if people weren't worried about jail they'd probably go to ER much more

Also a lot of people in ER for panic attacks are actually there because their airways are swollen, but the nurses like to play mind games.

Also shrooms change your blood pressure, very bad to be driving on them or doing any slightly dangerous activity.

Edited by Konyap (02/03/19 01:44 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25788256 - 02/03/19 01:42 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

They can hypnotize other people.  I cannot even drink booze without tripping real hard on the wake up.

The tobacco is killing me too.  This shit sucks.  I need to go back to church.  I just don't look real good.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#25788580 - 02/03/19 04:13 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
The primary flaw with this assertion is that ER visits are an appropriate measure of "safety." That, and it doesn't include a denominator accounting for use frequency.

very much agreed.

That said, I've seen a couple other more serious attempts to quantify the relative dangers of all illicit drugs and mushrooms were always ranked as the least dangerous.

Edited by Psilosopherr (02/03/19 04:13 PM)

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25788586 - 02/03/19 04:17 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms can trigger manic episodes, make you vomit and have stomach problems and trigger underlying mental illness in certain people.  I don't believe marijuana will do that, but it can be physically uncomfortable and raise your anxiety/paranoia.

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: ilus]
    #25788736 - 02/03/19 05:19 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms dont kill you but some may kill themselves.  I have too many responsibilities to be out of my mind for 6+ shrooming hours. I Very much prefer a 15 minute DMT trip which hasnt killed m(any?), or a couple hours off some dabs or a Blunt.  These days I got shatter in a Sub Ohm Tank.

Quote:

illustrain said:
Mushrooms can trigger manic episodes, make you vomit and have stomach problems and trigger underlying mental illness in certain people.  I don't believe marijuana will do that, but it can be physically uncomfortable and raise your anxiety/paranoia.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25789403 - 02/03/19 10:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Quote:

badchad said:

very much agreed.

That said, I've seen a couple other more serious attempts to quantify the relative dangers of all illicit drugs and mushrooms were always ranked as the least dangerous.

It really depends on what you mean by danger though. In my opinion, psychedelics are among the most dangerous drugs if we are talking about danger per use.

That is to say, I'd be a lot more worried about taking a tab of LSD tonight than I would be about smoking a cigarette or drinking a couple of beers. However, cigarettes and alcohol will often rank higher than psychedelics in danger levels on these types of lists. Why is that? It's because they're not taking into account danger per use - which is fine if want to talk about use trends and the danger presented to society at large, but it must be pointed that the findings cannot be applied to the individual and their decision to use whatever drug today.

It's true cigarettes and alcohol both kill a lot more people than LSD or mushrooms, but a lot more people smoke a lot more cigarettes and drink alcohol a lo more often than they drop LSD. That's why so much more harm is associated with cigarettes. If everyone took LSD or mushrooms as often as they used these supposed more harmful drugs then the data would look a lot different. We'd have to take account the fact that you could have a seriously, life altering bad trip on LSD or mushrooms TONIGHT whereas with cigarettes, yes it's possible they could kill you if you abuse the hell out of them for 30 years but they pose very little threat to your immediate health and well being. Somehow people overlook this.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Loc: EuroZone Victim
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: sycodelix]
    #25789510 - 02/04/19 12:01 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Enjoying shrooms for most of the world population is not an issue. The US and the UK have a serious issue, they prescribe so many anti-Pschotic lithium)ANTI-depressent/anxiety(xanax,valium) medication along with SSRI and antidepressants(welbutrin/prozac) type medication ADD ADHD medication Ritalin,ADDERALL,Vyvance, Diet medications Adipex and Desoxyn , Stop smoking medication ( Zyban, Chantix

Which in combination with alcohol, blood pressure medication opiates and every other drug forced upon them over the years for BIG PHARMA profits will not intermix with a shroom trip without ER visits or possibilities of suicide attempts / harming others which would inevitably be blamed on the SHROOMS as opposed to BIG PHARMA MEDS.
We have been the test subjects for BIG PHARMA for so long, for there profits/greed that there is no way out and anyone who doesn't see the increase in mass shootings/suicide and these drugs(starting to take them,quiting them or taking them daily) all create these psychotic episodes from self inflicted injury(cutting)(flame burning self)(skin picking)(excessive nail clipping) to lack of emotion/empathy for others and self to flashes of violence.

The MSM, BIG PHARMA, Gov't never make any effort to show the correlation between these drugs and a death (mass shooting/stabbing/suicide/etc etc)
Because They know it effects there bottom line($$$) but they won't hesitate to say that the person had a street drug in there system(weed/coke/RC/etc etc)

Edited by perikleous (02/04/19 12:28 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: perikleous]
    #25789663 - 02/04/19 04:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Of course, thats no secret.

The only danger lies in the fact that its a hallucinogen, which arent for everyone. People with certain mental disorders shouldnt take them, and set and setting should be taken into account. Mushrooms cant just be used like pot (see Dave Chapelle's special about getting a haircut from a penis)

But its probably the safest drug there is. No smoke inhalation, no abuse potential. Just a spiritual trip. Theres really nothing at all except the small possibility of freakout (mostly if taking higher doses than you can handle tho)

But even with all that in mind, i usually find mushrooms to be pretty positive in mood. Lucy is alot more amorphis IMO, but can also be very positive. I think both of these are extremely safe. LSD has such a stigma attached to it, unfortunately. "Marijuana shouldnt be along with the Schedule 1 drugs like heroin and LSD"

As if lsd is a narcotic ( addictive, opioid type definition)

Id say this is pretty accurate. I wonder if butane means BHO. I dont think people use butane itself to get high, and that itd be that low on the list if they did. And marijuana mostly has the "harm to others" do to the smoke and such, which i do understand. At least compared to mushrooms and lsd

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (02/04/19 04:52 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: downlowfunk]
    #25789747 - 02/04/19 06:19 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:
Shrooms dont kill you but some may kill themselves.  I have too many responsibilities to be out of my mind for 6+ shrooming hours. I Very much prefer a 15 minute DMT trip which hasnt killed m(any?), or a couple hours off some dabs or a Blunt.  These days I got shatter in a Sub Ohm Tank.

Quote:

illustrain said:

Anything that feels good can cause a mania and psychosis.  Humans hunt death like dogs too.  It seems life on earth is ignorant of expectations.

Death has a way of following us around.  It's really very sad terrible stuff.

I don't think shrooms will make our dreams come true because we don't even know what our dreams are.

--------------------

Offlinegandalfe
Gandalfe
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: sycodelix] * 1
    #25790168 - 02/04/19 10:42 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Humans don't require drugs and the ones, touted as safe, are not safe at all.Aspirin is a big killer and everyone seems to take the stuff.Magic mushrooms are safe and so is weed.The laws surrounding these substances are not safe, as well as society in general, so that make getting out of bed in the morning unsafe.The increase awareness these substances provide are survival tools, in my estimation, so I deem Psilosybin as safe as we can get, in this screwed up world.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: gandalfe]
    #25790665 - 02/04/19 01:49 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

There are a lot of social implications of these drugs.  If we love everybody, we won't have a good defense response.

It's pacification.

--------------------

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Fractal420]
    #25791852 - 02/04/19 10:37 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

The Too big a dose issue is what causes the "bad trip" its almost always caused by the person using getting "scared" thinking they did to much or grinding them up to powder and the trip takes off to fast rather then slowly reaching peak. I know the US issue is simply that BIG PHARMA cannot take ownership of this due to its natural growth so they fight to keep it illegal just like all drugs that dip into there profits, they know if legal there business model is finished!
People in general will be irresponsible by going to work  and driving while taking them. Some people just don't use common sense and it hurts it for the rest of us, just as alcohol abuse/misuse has done to society!

There are certainly people with mental health issues that shouldn't take shrooms but those people shouldn't drink either but they do!
There is no hiding the FACT that these substances were put on this planet to treat us medically from weed to opium but we made the problem by processing it into something to abuse (coke to crack/ opium to heroin) in there natural form they can heal society.

Im all for decriminalization of everything and the reasons are logical and that would eliminate all the risky RCs that are being made to skirt the laws!

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Peyote Road]
    #25791867 - 02/04/19 10:51 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This is also countered by the fact that if all substances were legal alcohol and cigarette use would plummet overnight! The abuse factor is tied to the fact that we cannot use things we want! If you get drunk daily its doing harm, yet if you got drunk today and didnt touch it for a week or so it would be limiting the damage! Using other substances to get high in between, maybe weed  or whatever else!

Again this would cut into the profits of BIG PHARMA/BIG ALCOHOL/BIG TOBBACCO

As for weed being an issue due to "smoking it" there are many ways to consume it, but even smoking is not as unhealthy as its pushed because its not like cigarettes that a person is smoking 2 packs a day, thats insane!
  If someone had a cigarette once a day just like a cigar the damage is minimal unless compared to someone who never inhales ANYTHING carcenogenic "which would mean they live in a sealed bubble" or the wilderness/rain forest somewhere!

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25791926 - 02/04/19 11:49 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
There are a lot of social implications of these drugs.  If we love everybody, we won't have a good defense response.

It's pacification.

This is true. I was actually reading a statement from Meher Baba the other day where he said one of the dillemas for the spiritual seeker is that the way the world works is opposite to that of the spiritual values of love, selfless service, honesty in all situations, etc. If you act like that in the world, it may create problems for you, especially if you're young and naive.

Similarly mushrooms can show you a way of perceiving reality that is very much outside the bounds of your culture, while in some instances this can be a wonderful thing, it can also be quite awful, again especially for young people who may already be somewhat maladjusted and struggling to find their place in the world.

It's funny how much the cultural context influences the dangers of a particular substance. Mushrooms would almost certainly be a lot safer if you lived in a culture that lived close to nature and had understanding of the mushrooms. It's like that with other substances also. For example, the native americans were big fans of tobacco and yet they did not have the addictions or death/disease resulting from tobacco in their cultures.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Edited by Peyote Road (02/04/19 11:52 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25792148 - 02/05/19 04:40 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

So youre saying if we're all rolling, our defenses fall to zero, and instead we should be getting cranked up and loading the ammunition? Lol

What is this nazi germany? Of course peace > war

That doesnt compromise the lucrative military that we have

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Fractal420]
    #25793111 - 02/05/19 03:19 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think that's quite what I was saying. If we were all rolling that would probably be a good thing because we'd all be rolling and we could share the PLUR values. The problem is if you are rolling and others are not. If you go around just wanting to love and help everyone people are going to take advantage of your kindness. You are less likely to get ahead in the world if you are unconcerned about money and don't want to step on other people.

It's especially problematic for people who are young, idealistic and naturally compassionate. If you're very selfish and don't mind exploiting people and situations for your own gain, then you could benefit from becoming less egoically oriented.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25794059 - 02/06/19 01:13 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

One day when i was like, i dunno in my early 20s i was rolling with a friend in the city and we decided to just say "i love you" to most people who passed. Guys and girls. Plus this was the village LOL. The guys were all like "what!?" And the girls all said "love you too". Except one dude that was also like "i love ya!"

But i mean, after like 5 hrs its like, lol what were we thinking. But i never regretted it. One of the more interesting rolls ive ever had

This was some clean, pure mdma too. No crash. We went home and did some K and knocked out after a rolling night on the town. Ah, memories

As for being kind and loving in general in a genuine way, sure youre more likely to get taken advantage of but in my experience intuition gets strong too so you can much more easily who to trust and who is iffy. And being a creature of love, i realize it becomes possible to meet other rare, but way worth it people who are just the same.

Like i dont get my molly or lucy from some sketchy dealer. No my friend gives me stuff without me even paying cause we have an understanding. He knows ill pay him. More of a psychedelic loving friend rather than anything else. I also know a guy who is like "yo lets link up" and his stuff is equally good but hes all about business, no plur. Plur is fucking important. Especially people who are into lucy and molly. That stuff is meaningless...if you dont mean it lol

That other guy would be "yo also grab some K if youre just getting like 2 grams".

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (02/06/19 01:21 AM)

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

#25811231 - 02/13/19 09:10 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

badchad said:

Agreed. I'm for legalizing all Drugs but Shrooms aren't Safer than Weed. You're much more likely to have some sort of accident on Shrooms than Weed...let's be honest.

I suppose edibles and those with zero THC Tolerance could get a similar effect from Weed Still Weed is the Safer Drug by far. Kratom is even Safer and they're trying to ban it :lol:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are safer, even, than smoking weed [Re: Magicman69]
    #25811763 - 02/14/19 05:50 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Weed usually makes people careful.  Shrooms kinda blur that area of the mind.

My family thinks weed is soooo bad.  They can suck a dick though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale