Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShrrrooms
Stranger
 User Gallery
Microdosing every day
    #25775286 - 01/28/19 07:52 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I just recently started microdosing and have done it about 10 times.  I am on 1mg Ativan for anxiety and 10 mg Celexa for depression.  I hope to be able to taper off both.  First, these drugs have not stopped me from the effects of the mushrooms as some here have suggested.  I have done .1 to .3 grams dry and do feel it at all doses.  I believe I am already noticing positive effects on mood, motivation, optimism and a general sense of calm and well being.
I have taken them now for three consecutive days and have not felt diminished effects.  I know the recommendation is for every 2 or 3 days but to get started, I am trying to accelerated my cumulative consumption.  It does not make sense to me that I would develop a tolerance quickly to low doses since I my cumulative consumption has been less than one regular dose.  I would be interested in anyone's informed thoughts on this.  Also, has anyone come across articles or research discussing mushrooms and tapering off anti-depressants? FYI, Dr. Fadiman replied to me that microdosing could be used either in combination with, or to taper (very slowly) these meds.  Thnaks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenube424
Male

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: Shrrrooms] * 2
    #25775412 - 01/28/19 09:06 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

If u want to get off the meds tell ur doctor u wanna get off meds. I would keep the anxiety meds for when u need them tho. Keep taking ur doses till ur weaned off and see how it goes.

But honestly. I feel like 1 good dose a week does more than microdosing.

Offlinekorgoth
patternmatchingnoise
I'm a teapot

Loc: Geostationary orbit
Re: Microdosing every day [Re: nube424]
    #25775673 - 01/29/19 12:06 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

What nube424 said about meds.

You can combine micro-dosing with 1-2 g fun doses in the weekend. I do the same.

With micro-dosing the tolerance is close to 0 and it does not compound.

I took 25 g over 12 days(1->3g/day), by the end I had 3x/300% tolerance. No more.

Somebody here told me that even 5 grams, at baseline, taken daily plateaus at 5x/500%.

Just be careful with the come-up anxiety on higher doses, do a couple of jumping-jacks/lunges or go for a 20 min walk.

You're doing great :sunny:

--------------------

OfflineShrrrooms
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Microdosing every day [Re: korgoth]
    #25776408 - 01/29/19 12:21 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I did not understand whether your reply was saying that I would develop tolerance with small daily doses? I think you were saying I would develop zero tolerance which seems logical.  My microdoses have been about .1 to .3 grams.  I am avoiding taking large doses while on an SSRI antidepressant since they both increase serotonin and I want to avoid possible serotonin syndrome although I am not sure how high a risk that is.  But being on both an SSRI and Ativan are pointing me toward being conservative.  I really feel like I am getting good benefit from this so I will just move along slowly and try to decrease my meds.

Edited by Shrrrooms (01/29/19 12:23 PM)

Offlinepsyloq
Learned Ignorant
Male
Loc: Earth
    #25776411 - 01/29/19 12:22 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

With micro-dosing the tolerance is close to 0 and it does not compound.

Are you sure of this? (I've no idea!) How many times have you micro-dosed in a row?  Asking because, like the OP, I too am considering switching to daily MDing as opposed to every other day, but would rather be sure that I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot. I'm trying to take a clinical approach to it and definitely not recreational. For what it's worth, I've not experienced an increase in tolerance from taking it every other day. 

Another interesting question I think is to consider the worst case scenario seeing not everyone reacts the same. What if tolerance does build up after, say, a couple of weeks of continued use; how long would it take to reset the tolerance back to zero?

Offlinedr psilocybin
Stranger

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: psyloq]
    #25776440 - 01/29/19 12:41 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

when it comes to micro-dosing I would only do it max 3 times a week. mon wed and sat. Do it just before you have a important task (work etc) but not before bed as you may have difficulty sleeping.

--------------------
http://

[

Offlinekorgoth
patternmatchingnoise
I'm a teapot

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: dr psilocybin]
    #25776518 - 01/29/19 01:19 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Try it out. See what happens : D

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #25776553 - 01/29/19 01:39 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

:solidnod:

Day 31 straight for me.

Doses are about .09-.11, twice daily.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinedr psilocybin
Stranger

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: HamHead]
    #25776600 - 01/29/19 01:58 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

How are you finding it at that dose and regularity? Have you been documenting your results? I would personally do 0.2 3x a week But if it works it works I ghess.

--------------------

[

Offlinepsyloq
Learned Ignorant
Male
Loc: Earth
    #25776915 - 01/29/19 04:30 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Day 31 straight for me.

Doses are about .09-.11, twice daily.

Holy crap, it sounds like you're having a super buzzing time! :sunny:  I take it you've not experienced any tolerance build up?

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: psyloq]
    #25777428 - 01/29/19 08:07 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Works great! I took a short break from dosing when I got a new job, but after a week I resumed microdosing.

I take one in the morning before clocking in and another at lunch break. Days off, I take a little more, around .3, sometimes a few times throughout the day.

I haven't experienced any tolerance besides getting used to the effects. I feel every dose and am happy with the benefits I'm getting from them.

I'm able to be more in the moment and not get hung up on stupid things or get angry or annoyed as easily which sticks me in a past event over analysing trying to play things out differently in my mind. Also, I'm able to look people in the eyes without having any anxiety, I'm usually looking all over the place trying to hold conversations while avoiding looking at the other person all together.

I started a log but no journal. I've been microdosing off and on pretty much since Paul Stamets was on JRE talking about stacking with niacin and lions mane, so I'm fairly familar with the effects.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinekorgoth
patternmatchingnoise
I'm a teapot

#25777536 - 01/29/19 08:59 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

^ This guy shrooms.
:sunny:

Edited by korgoth (01/29/19 09:00 PM)

OfflineShrrrooms
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25777829 - 01/29/19 11:13 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I have microdosed 10 times during January for a total of 2.24 grams.  It seems that if mushrooms help with brain elasticity, that a goal of getting a fair amount in relatively quickly is good.  Can anyone explain a flaw in this thinking as long as I don't develop tolerance?  Very optimistic based on my short experience so far.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #25777894 - 01/29/19 11:39 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dr psilocybin said:
How are you finding it at that dose and regularity? Have you been documenting your results? I would personally do 0.2 3x a week But if it works it works I ghess.

That's what I'm doing, so far It's been positive, but I do seem to miss it on the off days and look forward to the dose day.  I need to update my thread.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: Doc9151]
    #25778460 - 01/30/19 08:24 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
I do seem to miss it on the off days and look forward to the dose day.  I need to update my thread.

Same. Which is why I rarely take days off, microdoses are making my life better, easing my own suffering.

--------------------

Offlineplut0
Stranger

#25778602 - 01/30/19 09:59 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Can somebody explain the science/provide links for microdosing and tolerance? As far as I am aware, tolerance to psychedelics builds up extremely quickly (as we all know, trying to trip off of the same amount the next day). To me it seems illogical that tolerance doesn't build up, EVEN IF AT SMALL DOSES, due to the naturally high tolerance response curve of the human body to psilocybin. But this is something I definitely would want to explore, and looking for some scientific/pharmacological answers. Thank you.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Microdosing every day [Re: plut0]
    #25778611 - 01/30/19 10:07 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I've done it everyday for a month straight before.

I also never listen to other people who say how often you should take mushrooms and always have listened to myself and done what I believe is best, what i need, and what works best for me.

I hardly ever microdose at this point. And dose less frequently than i use to too.

For me it seems after a while you don't really need to as much :shrug:

Good luck op

Hope you get off the meds

Other helpful things, mindfulness and meditation, eating good and exercise, reading books that help teach you to embrace and accept thoughts feelings and emotions we try to avoid and learning to embrace and accept them as opposed to trying to turn them off or run from them

The only way to conquer suffering is to embrave it fully and feel it fully. You cannot run from yourself. It then begins to no longer trouble you.

Good books are helpful. Buddhism, yoga practices, mindfulness practices. Being aware of your thoughts and feelings and emotions, accepting them, feeling them fully, and learning how to deal with them effectively.

Again, good luck

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25778612 - 01/30/19 10:08 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

plut0 said:
Can somebody explain the science/provide links for microdosing and tolerance? As far as I am aware, tolerance to psychedelics builds up extremely quickly (as we all know, trying to trip off of the same amount the next day). To me it seems illogical that tolerance doesn't build up, EVEN IF AT SMALL DOSES, due to the naturally high tolerance response curve of the human body to psilocybin. But this is something I definitely would want to explore, and looking for some scientific/pharmacological answers. Thank you.

Never noticed tolerance myself with mushrooms. EVER.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinedr psilocybin
Stranger

#25778718 - 01/30/19 11:36 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

this Is why its recommended to have a day or 2 off imo. I stick with the 3x a week max so you have a rest day or 2 so you don't build up a tolerance.

--------------------

[

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25778942 - 01/30/19 01:34 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I've taken then daily for a month with high doses mixed in and never had tolerance.

So it definitely isn't needed for everyone.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience