Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedelcat
Stranger
Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits
    #25770050 - 01/26/19 12:52 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Guys,

I have 3 mini monos on the go at the moment.  All 3 were spawned from Rye Berries that were 100% colonised.  I used 2 quarts of Rye Berries to 4 quarts CVG with a little extra over the top after flattening.

I followed the pastywhite guide for micropore monotubs:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23651523/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/12

I've been referring to the following post for proper surface moisture as I've had issues before with over misting or them drying out.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2&Number=23999053&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

I waited for 8 days with all the holes taped up for the boxes to fully colonise, which they have done nicely.  I then took one strip of micropore off of both of the top holes, to leave the hole half uncovered (I only ever had a single layer of tape on the top holes)  That was 10 days ago.

I have constant beading of water on the myc, but I don't seem to have much in the way of evaporation.  I've never misted these.  The walls and lids of the tubs have condensation on.

To me, I don't see much in the way of knotting or pin developmnent, and I'd expect real pins by now.

I started running a fan past the boxes 3 days ago, 15 minutes 3 times a day (10am 3pm and 8pm) to try and get some evaporation going.  Today I removed the other piece of micropore tape on the top hole.

Here are some pictures.  How is it looking?  To me, they look great - and they smell real good too.  Just possibly a little wet, and where the hell are my pins?! There is a little discoloration beginning on one box, but the other two look awesome.

Do you think I just need to up the fan schedule a bit to try and induce more evaporation?

Temps are a constant 65F.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInhalantGrain
Stranger
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: delcat]
    #25770103 - 01/26/19 01:22 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Is it by chance a Penis Envy strain? I see large amounts of what appears to be blobbing on the last picture.

I would also recommend bumping the temp closer to 75F. Cold keeps growth stalled. As with contains, if you have mycelium too chilly, it won’t develop as fast.

OfflineSebQc
Learning
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: delcat] * 1
    #25770115 - 01/26/19 01:27 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Hi dude, in the third pics from the bottom i can see some pins but they look aborted to me.

I dont have that much experience, but i can see a lot of yellow droplets, i think people call them metabolite. Probably a sign of bacteria from what iv read if my memorie is good.

--------------------

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: InhalantGrain] * 1
    #25770131 - 01/26/19 01:36 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

If they were my tubs I would probably start manually fanning two or three times a day from now on... you need to encourage more surface evaporation to get some pin formation. 

It's the cycle of the water evaporating and being replenished when needed, by light mistings, that tells the organism to produce pins.  You want to see less water droplets after two or three hours after a LIGHT misting.  If you have no noticeable surface evap occurring then step up your fresh air exchange. 

I've been off here for quite some time but that's what I would do!  😊

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Offlinedelcat
Stranger
    #25770610 - 01/26/19 05:56 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

There is a tube of Penis envy in  there, but its not the last tub.

I'm pretty sure theres no pins, this is my fourth grow.  Im by no means experienced but I normally see "other stuff" happen before pins... and the "other stuff" hasnt even happened yet.

I'll try upping the temps a bit, see what happens. Thanks guys!

OfflinePeekachu
Garnish with mush dust

Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: delcat] * 2
    #25770723 - 01/26/19 07:35 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

3 pic up from the bottom definitely has aborted pins in it, what’s your surface temperature?

--------------------
If I blaze at the space station am I higher than a space ship

Offlinedelcat
Stranger
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: Peekachu]
    #25774414 - 01/28/19 10:26 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I think its just the camera and the way the light is hitting the water droplets.  Definitely not aborted pins, even though you are completely right, they really do look like it.

However, I do have some pinning now.  Not a huge amount, but something.  I think maybe the temps were just a little low, and not enough evaporation.  More FAE And a slight temp increase has yielded pins in 3 days... not sure if its coincidence, but something is happening :smile:

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #25774684 - 01/28/19 12:48 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

What are you doing to get the mycelium onto the grain? Agar? MS syringe?

My guess is you got REALLY unlucky here working from syringes. I was working with some crappy genetics a while back and this happened. PRIMORDIA CITY!!! Then ... nothing. I kept hoping, but each flush was about 90%+ aborts, flushes took over 2 weeks. I was getting fruits at a rate similar to late flushes: just a couple here and there that would hit maturity. And a lot of weird looking fruits (not mutations... just weird).

Also, you say constant temps at 65f... that's probably not helping anything. It is likely slowing everything down a little bit. Maybe you need the key ingredient of patience :wink:

Good luck! Don't over-fan them, try to bring up the temp, and hope you didn't get the shortest stick in a lot of different genetic lotteries at the same time.

Offlinedelcat
Stranger
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25775042 - 01/28/19 04:11 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

One was from a known good agar wedge.

Another was from an APE agar wedge that I know isn't the most prolific pinner...but then which APE is?

The final one is the result of my first experiment isolating a strain on agar from a spore swipe direct to the agar.  I isolated it through I think 5 or 6 plates until I had one that looked nice... So again, unproven.

At the moment, the best looking one is the known good agar wedge.  We will see how they come out.

I upped the fanning schedule because the droplets of water are just sitting there, they don't seem to be evaporating at all, and I've never misted them.  Right now there is a fan blowing past the edge of the boxes 6 times a day for 15 minutes.

It does seem to be making the droplets get smaller after the fanning, and they are getting larger again afterwards.... So looks like I'm getting some evaporation now.

I'll post some more pics in a day or two so you can see how I'm getting on.

Tub from know agar: Lots of clusters of pins
APE Tub: No pins as yet
Tub from isolation experiment: a few single pins here and there

Funnily enough, the tub from the known good agar was spawned 7 days after the other two...

Offlinedelcat
Stranger
    #25775068 - 01/28/19 04:24 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I went and took some pictures anyway...

Known Agar:

APE:

Close up APE:

Agar Experiment:

And some close ups

Weird blob....

How does this look?  it smells perfect, not a hint of sourness.  But whatever this is is so thick and fluffy!!

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #25776415 - 01/29/19 10:24 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

The thick and fluffy looks like it may be a bit bacterial. Likely fine, just keep an eye on it to turn on you suddenly then get rid of it.

Honestly with those recent pictures I think you're doing fine and likely a few days behind from cold temps! Keep up the good work.

Offlinedelcat
Stranger
Re: Mini Mono - Look great but 18 days & no sign of fruits [Re: ShaperDreaming] * 1
    #25785569 - 02/02/19 08:07 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

So... It happened.  The tub that looked the best (From known agar) produced a reasonable number of fairly small fruits.

The "unknown agar" tub though.... Full of mutants and giants.

Ever seen a mushroom grow completely upside-down?

I cloned this monster...

Theres still plenty more in the tub... but these 5 fruits...

The APE is still doing its thing taking its time.  Pinset isn't great on all boxes, I've still never managed to get a canopy :frown:

Is it really in genetics, or is it completely about surface conditions?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale