Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Changing Start Menu Short-Cuts in XP
    #2577449 - 04/19/04 12:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Can anyone help? I wanted "My Music" and "My Pictures" shortcuts in the start menu to point to an alternate destination than the standard folders in the "My Documents" folder. I managed to get this to work for the "My Music" shortcut, but doing the same won't work for the "My Pictures" shortcut.

I want them to point to folders with the same name but on the root of another drive - my multimedia storage drive.  :tongue:

Any ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Changing Start Menu Short-Cuts in XP [Re: Jackal]
    #2578265 - 04/19/04 04:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

right-click>create shortcut; send to desktop & drop/drop into Start menu. right-click on the new start menu shortcut to my pictures & go to properties. Change the target to where you desire.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Changing Start Menu Short-Cuts in XP [Re: Xochitl]
    #2582566 - 04/20/04 01:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I want the 'My Pictures' in the right column of the start menu to point to the new location. Dragging a shortcut into the start-menu puts a shortcut in the left colum!

InvisibleDieCommie

#2582679 - 04/20/04 02:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

just turn off the "my pictures" icon on the right colum, and put a new one in the left...is it so bad to have it in the left instead of the right?

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2582878 - 04/20/04 02:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not sure about that, then. You would probably have to edit the registry to change the location. Not sure what registry key to modify though.

You could also just maintain the default location, but place a shortcut into the folder that points to your preferred location. Or you could just remove My Music all together (right click>properties>start menu>customize) and place an icon on the left. Or you could just not use Windows Explorer/Start Menu and opt for a more customizable shell or an icon dock.

good luck :thumbup:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology