Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
PNW= Columbian tactics
    #2577108 - 04/19/04 08:36 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I have just been forced from my seven acres in the woods due to ill health in my whole family. This includes elevated liver enzymes,edema, and skin sores and rashes. What you may wonder could cause such a reaction? Well here in the PNW the logging corporations are waging a campaign similar to the defoliation projects in Columbia. We are sprayed about 6x /year with any one of over 20 compounds, including one of the main ingredients of agent orange, 2-4-D.Over the last eight years I have witnessed the destuction of whole salmon runs and creeks filled with dead crayfish and sickningly filled with millipedes who have begun drowning themselves after a spraying(they decompose into cyanide compounds in our waterways)As I mentioned we now have deer staggering out of the woods with their hair falling out and large white patches of necrotic skin.
My point is that this is all legal and accepted in america. Where is the activist outrage?Well it has been poisoned out of the residents and suppressed by the press.
I was to be interviewed regarding this problem by a local reporter, it took only a week of phoning the various agencies and companies to convince her that her career may be over should she dig too deep. She since has refused to answer any contact on the subject by any of the residents she told me she wished to hear from on the subject.You would think when a school of 125 kids has 10 kids with tumors of some kind someone would listen to a reasonable person trying to get something done about it but I assure you it is quite the opposite in the PNW.
Peace
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: PNW= Columbian tactics [Re: whiterasta]
    #2577127 - 04/19/04 08:48 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Has no one done any compiled research on this issue where you live?

My cousin's husband is a logger somewhere around Astoria. I could contact him... I wish i had more information about this myself.

Its pretty sad when you have all these things happening and nearly no one cares or tries to take a look at them. These are serious issues and it appears that people are just throwing it off like its no big deal. The best of luck with the health and safety of your family.

--------------------
What?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: PNW= Columbian tactics [Re: whiterasta]
    #2577167 - 04/19/04 09:04 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Just curious, as it's no rationalization, but is the spraying to kill undergrowth as a way to facilitate the logging?

Have you considered trying to organize the people in the area? What about contacting the various evironmental watchdog groups?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: PNW= Columbian tactics [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2577173 - 04/19/04 09:07 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

We did some thinning a couple years ago in the alder thicket back of the property.I had a horse loger in doing some selective cutting.We were in the edge of the thicket and our wives were in the feild about a hundred yards away.
A chopper with the spray bars going flew right over me and the logger and doused us in Imazapyr while our wives screamed and waved to stop.We called the dept of Ag to report it and they sent out a rep. he sampled the foliage and took sample of the clothes we were wearing but to our disgust and amazement he could find no trace of chemicals even though me and the loggers B/P was soaring and we were covered in a rash. They just dimantled the only reporting system for this type of misuse of herbicides and the people in my old home area are slowly dieing of a myriad of related symptoms.
I could go on for hrs on this last eight years and what I have seen and experienced. I would say to you logger relative" have you noticed that fall has started in july in private timber land?" and see what converstion gets started.
Peace.
Wr

--------------------
To old for this place

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate