Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: LS41]
    #25742018 - 01/13/19 01:17 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Inoculation takes a second. Colonization is what happens to jars after inoculation. Humidity doesn't matter the jars are isolated from the environment with lids and filters so that contamination cant get in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoastedPete
Noun
 User Gallery

Loc: The Candy Kingdom
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25742520 - 01/13/19 07:39 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Oh great and wise Bodhisatta, I seek your guidance. Take this platter of fruits as homage to you, for from you wisdom is bestowed...Enlighten me of great one, for it has been ages since I have been upon this forum

Colonizing jars -- what are your thoughts in doing this in a room with lots of natural light. Also with fruiting. Would natural light cycles be preferred in colonization/fruiting conditions?

OfflineLS41
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25746521 - 01/15/19 09:30 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

As you can tell I'm a first timer here, so thank you for squaring me away.

Offlinedoktorstrange
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25749150 - 01/17/19 10:24 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Hi,

Re: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24077162#24077162

Is there an advantage to using an insulated bucket to a large cooking pot?

Insulated buckets are expansive where I live so if I can just use a cooking pot for the same effect that would be good news.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: doktorstrange]
    #25749187 - 01/17/19 10:41 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinedrmacaffey
Stranger

#25753852 - 01/19/19 02:06 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for your efforts. I am just beginning and I have enjoyed my research though your page quite a bit. I have a nearby friend that is also part of the community and a semi seasoned cultivator that often points me in the right direction. He consistently has me reread a lot of your material. I am on my first attempt and have done 1 transfer everything is looking spectacular. Thanks Again

Offlinereasonwire
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A *DELETED* [Re: drmacaffey]
    #25760784 - 01/22/19 12:12 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by reasonwire

Reason for deletion: Revealing.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: reasonwire]
    #25760801 - 01/22/19 12:19 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have glass petri dishes? Wiping plastic ones with alcohol makes them no longer sterile and ruins them permanently. They come sterile and you have to keep them that way

OfflineHumanhelper
Stranger

Loc: South by Southwest
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25762785 - 01/23/19 09:12 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Bod, as a new guy here and to the hobby your efforts are extremely appreciated.  Short, concise, clear info.  I dig it.  I'm venturing into agar and the agar thread Tormato started is awesome.  I have a quick question if you have time.  I have multiple projects going to stay engaged but recently had some serious success with LC.  I just tested two different varieties from LC to BRF jars that I had PCd and left over to check for contams in LC.  I only did two jars and the mycelium TORE through the substrate...That being said, I would like to just fruit the jars individually and simply.  I've read through a ton of methods but it is very arid where I am...what would be your BEST recommendation for fruiting?  A small single chamber, or just fruit in jar with Baggie over the top?  Should I dunk first?
Thanks in advance if you get to this...if not I understand you are probably busy as hell!
HH

--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25762930 - 01/23/19 10:19 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

reasonwire said:
Yes, I reread your agar technique which sterilizes the agar in the pressure cooker and then distributes into petri dishes in the still air box. 

I plan on buying glass petri dishes so they will be reused.  I would like to know your process of cleaning the pyrex petri dishes to be reused.  I am thinking OH wipe and then foil and then bake?

Your guide is excellent and I am excited to begin the lab work.

Wash them like any dishes. Let dry then you can sterilize them.

Quote:

Humanhelper said:
Bod, as a new guy here and to the hobby your efforts are extremely appreciated.  Short, concise, clear info.  I dig it.  I'm venturing into agar and the agar thread Tormato started is awesome.  I have a quick question if you have time.  I have multiple projects going to stay engaged but recently had some serious success with LC.  I just tested two different varieties from LC to BRF jars that I had PCd and left over to check for contams in LC.  I only did two jars and the mycelium TORE through the substrate...That being said, I would like to just fruit the jars individually and simply.  I've read through a ton of methods but it is very arid where I am...what would be your BEST recommendation for fruiting?  A small single chamber, or just fruit in jar with Baggie over the top?  Should I dunk first?
Thanks in advance if you get to this...if not I understand you are probably busy as hell!
HH

Arid shouldn't matter too much. In the winter my home is dry as fuck.
Dunk first.

OfflineCheesymacaroni
Stranger
    #25765604 - 01/24/19 02:43 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

What type of lighting and temp conditions for fruiting? And can you go right into these conditions thank you!

InvisibleFeasoghorm

#25766519 - 01/24/19 10:46 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Somebody posted this and i was like oh hell no. If that was true then a half grown pin and a monster donger wud weigh the same, both dry. Assuming that they were gonna turn out the relatively the same size. Is this bullshit or am i missing something? Idk, that statements kinda got some holes and crappy corners tho. We talking bout potency or volume or size?

"RogerRabbit said:
*As we know, when mushrooms grow, they don't grow by cell division. The cells expand as they engorge with water. A small pin has all the cells it will have as a large mushroom. That's why a small fruit has nearly as much actives as a much larger fruit. The larger fruit is engorged with water, thus it's less potent by weight. That's a fact. Five grams of small mushrooms are far more potent than a single five gram fruit. That's also a fact."

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #25767214 - 01/25/19 09:24 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

hey, bod!  I admit I didn't read the entirety of this Q&A. so, much apologies if this has been addressed but Im in need of some clarification.  I've read posts where you say that coir does not require pasteurization and in your tub making video you say that it really likes to get cooked.  do you notice consistent results when using coir both ways/do you have a preference?

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: TedsDead]
    #25767238 - 01/25/19 09:40 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't pasteurized coir in years i just cook it with boiling water

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Cheesymacaroni]
    #25767242 - 01/25/19 09:41 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cheesymacaroni said:
What type of lighting and temp conditions for fruiting? And can you go right into these conditions thank you!

Normal light. And room temperature

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #25767244 - 01/25/19 09:41 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Timboslice said:
Somebody posted this and i was like oh hell no. If that was true then a half grown pin and a monster donger wud weigh the same, both dry. Assuming that they were gonna turn out the relatively the same size. Is this bullshit or am i missing something? Idk, that statements kinda got some holes and crappy corners tho. We talking bout potency or volume or size?

"RogerRabbit said:
*As we know, when mushrooms grow, they don't grow by cell division. The cells expand as they engorge with water. A small pin has all the cells it will have as a large mushroom. That's why a small fruit has nearly as much actives as a much larger fruit. The larger fruit is engorged with water, thus it's less potent by weight. That's a fact. Five grams of small mushrooms are far more potent than a single five gram fruit. That's also a fact."

I find that old hypothesis to be pretty unlikely.

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25767247 - 01/25/19 09:43 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

ha, werd.  I thought you meant that you just used cold tap water to hydrate.  Ive got xtra spawn right now might give it a whirl an  if its good Ill make a post

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros

Edited by TedsDead (01/25/19 09:43 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: TedsDead]
    #25767268 - 01/25/19 09:56 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

See my coir tek

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25767299 - 01/25/19 10:08 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

yes, Im familiar.  you already got me not wearing gloves when spawning or using verm in my sub. both game changers!  for some reason my brain was associating pasteurization with heat and not pasteurized with no heat and completely failed to consider that 180F+ isnt pasteurization either.  just thought I might be able to save some time/space.

--------------------

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#25767684 - 01/25/19 12:58 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

Edited by Edmunter (01/26/19 01:52 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate