Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagu
Stranger

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Blacktruffle27] * 1
    #25757851 - 01/21/19 04:16 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

First post and first grow - thanks Bod for your teks they have been invaluable...

I inoculated 12 brf jars on November 20th 2018 and experienced very very slow colonisation (it's pretty cold where I am).

Finally 10 days ago (50+ days of colonisation) I birthed and dunked my ONE remaining jar. All the others had partially colonised and succumbed to different contams.

I'm top fruiting this jar with a sandwich bag but concerned about FAE. I'm seeing fluffy white growth on the top and also condensation on the inside of the jar.

Any advice? I really don't want to lose this jar. If I can fruit a single mushroom and get a spore print I will be happy!

Thanks magu

Edited by magu (01/29/19 04:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLazerLizzzard
Stranger
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: magu]
    #25759861 - 01/22/19 12:27 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Do you still need to use a SAB for this method?

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LazerLizzzard] * 1
    #25759949 - 01/22/19 02:55 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

You can take the cake out and submerge it in water for x amount of time.

Or

You can fill the jar with water and put the top back on for x amount of time.

Wait for it to colonize then birth it.
Some go slower than others or it could be contaminated.

If you already birthed it then yes go ahead and wash off the uncolonized substrate and do as usual.
Just keep a eye on it.

Looks fine to me magu.
Id use a regular size ziploc though.:rofl:
But yes it will be fine with a ziploc atop the jar.
If first you dont succeed.
Dust yourself off and try again bud.:goodluck:

Imo you need a sab or flow hood for every method.
Cutting Corners = Failures

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Edited by BattyKoda (01/22/19 03:06 AM)

Offlineqiffrox
Stranger
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25761127 - 01/22/19 03:14 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

best tek to start !

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: qiffrox]
    #25762114 - 01/22/19 11:37 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Just a quick question..

11 (1/2 pint jars) I let them colonize a bit to long I was on a trip. I came home to find they had gone from 70% to 3  of them showing pins mostly on the sides. I birthed then washed dry verm off, and but them back jar with some verm which I misted not sure how much to mist.

I had thought I'd shoebox the rest well over night they are all pinning D'oh I'm not afraid to baggie them but I thought yields would be better with bulk. Is it to late to bulk if they have sizable pins growing? Seems sad to grate up baby fruits. I feel bad thinking about grating mycelium for some reason. (going to have to goto grain)

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Theshroommeister]
    #25762218 - 01/23/19 01:38 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

That mycelium will have a field day after it hits that coir.
Dont feel bad about grateing.
Just mix it well.

I always dampen then squeeze my vermiculite before i add it to the top of the cake/jar to avoid water pooling at the bottom.
The verm should be damp.
I usually dont have to mist much at all afterwards.

At this point its up to you.
To Save the side pins.
Id go sgfc or back into the jar.

You'll have plenty more pins so if you go bulk don't let it be disheartening pulling the pins.
Just eat em so they wont go to waste.:awesomenod:

Since its your first time id just leave them in the jars since you've already fixed them.

I always end up doing a combination of brf to shoebox and brf jars for my grows.
Fastest go in the shoes.
Slowest stay in the jar.

:goodluck:

--------------------

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25763114 - 01/23/19 11:48 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

So to clarify, the verm on top of the fruiting jars should be at field capacity?

I just put it on dry and misted it a lot.

Well I'll give field capacity a shot see what happens. Can I use the dry verm I dump off the top of colonized jars for future brf jars since it will be pressure cooked?

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Theshroommeister]
    #25763483 - 01/23/19 03:10 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Theshroommeister said:
So to clarify, the verm on top of the fruiting jars should be at field capacity?

:thumbup:

Quote:

Theshroommeister said:
Can I use the dry verm I dump off the top of colonized jars for future brf jars since it will be pressure cooked?

:thumbdown:

The dry vermiculite is Your barrier against contamination for the colonization process.
Im sure all kinds of nastys get stuck in there during this time.
I use all my mush cult byproducts in the garden.

--------------------

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25764433 - 01/23/19 11:04 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinking I may upgrade to polyfill or sfd lids no need for a dry vermiculite layer and grains.

My pc is small so I can only do 4 (1qt jars) not sure grains in that size container is worth it.

OfflineLazerLizzzard
Stranger
    #25767485 - 01/25/19 11:14 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

So i don't need to birth and dunk the cakes in a larger jar? just add verm and mist?

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LazerLizzzard]
    #25767563 - 01/25/19 11:47 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Yes you do.

Birth cake.
Dunk in the jar or out in a container.
Then the cake goes back into the Jar.
Field capacity verm.

--------------------

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25770363 - 01/26/19 03:43 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Woot, first grow... We have shroom sign.

Now I just have to figure out the misting thing and when are these things ready to harvest.

So far I'm misting the top twice daily and misting the bag.

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

#25773928 - 01/28/19 04:44 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Congratulations!

Misting is not on a schedule.
Mist when needed.
You don't need to mist the bag.
I dont normally have to mist my jars very often.

There is a misted cake project thread.
Check it out.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=177381&F_Board=2&Thread=21595437&partnumber=&postmarker=

Harvest when the viels tear or drop.

If they drop spores it wont hurt anything but makes a mess so i try to avoid it.

What type of lighting are you using?

--------------------

OfflineTheshroommeister
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25774505 - 01/28/19 11:14 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Just an open, west facing window for lighting. It seems pretty dry in my house. I've ended up misting a lot more that I thought I would.

I also have a shoeboe with 3 brf jars as spawn.

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

#25774965 - 01/28/19 03:25 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet!:sunny:

I use 6500k flood light bulb in a clamp light.

Yours may be happier with a light.

--------------------

OfflineBetax86
Stranger

#25775345 - 01/28/19 06:26 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

very dry where i'm at how do I combat that with misting and making sure I don't oversaturate? few times a day once a week or something?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Betax86]
    #25775347 - 01/28/19 06:29 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Gotta learn to judge it. Comes with practice.

OfflineBetax86
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25775362 - 01/28/19 06:35 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Gotta learn to judge it. Comes with practice.

Yeah definitely struggling it has been a common theme in my grows. I been focusing on 1:1 substrate.. I seem to overmist and oversaturate it when its 1:2 spawn to substrate...

I just misted some and two got hit with trich right before fruiting.. I have some 1:2 about to fruit will see will let it dry a couple days I guess then try and mist again..

My substate is pasteurized cow manure with additives like gypsum I don't know if this has anything to do with it.. got it from a vendor.. fruited 4 more tubs with 1:1 spawn to substrate so we will see the progress and go from there and I will post some pics if I can get them to fruit...

Offlinemagu
Stranger

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: magu]
    #25777177 - 01/29/19 04:32 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

18 days since I birthed it and still nothing!

I re-dunked for 12hrs on day 14 and have changed the fruiting set up. Will the setup I have in the final picture work?

I'm alternating between a ziplock bag with shotgun style holes in it and a ziplock without holes.

I'm not worried about humidity I think previously my problem was too much humidity/not enough FAE.

Thoughts?

Quote:

magu said:
First post and first grow - thanks Bod for your teks they have been invaluable...

I inoculated 12 brf jars on November 20th 2018 and experienced very very slow colonisation (it's pretty cold where I am).

Finally 10 days ago (50+ days of colonisation) I birthed and dunked my ONE remaining jar. All the others had partially colonised and succumbed to different contams.

I'm top fruiting this jar with a sandwich bag but concerned about FAE. I'm seeing fluffy white growth on the top and also condensation on the inside of the jar.

Any advice? I really don't want to lose this jar. If I can fruit a single mushroom and get a spore print I will be happy!

Thanks magu

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25777203 - 01/29/19 04:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Stop changing things up on it. I would go back to how you had it the first time, with a smaller baggy.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate