Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineel_toro

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTSt☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25826683 - 02/21/19 03:32 AM (2 months, 28 days ago)

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Feel like I have some research to do.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTSt☆ [Re: el_toro] * 1
    #25828168 - 02/21/19 03:55 PM (2 months, 27 days ago)

Best research is done out there with mother nature. Mushrooms will find you. Keep an open mind and dont listen to those who say you cant find this here but only there.

I think its ignorance that makes people want to stay in that narrow minded state. I'm a strong advocate for eating mushrooms to let them show you the way. What way is that? The way to where other mushrooms grow. I have found them to be the best advisers to tune me into nature. They help me get feelings and hunches about where to look for them.

So throw all the research away because most of it is out of date anyway. Get out there and get tuned in to a wonderful world full of mystery and a multitude of different species to find.

Then get them ID on this forum!

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTSt☆ [Re: Heyowana] * 1
    #25828305 - 02/21/19 05:05 PM (2 months, 27 days ago)

Speaking of showing the way it's the long term effects on my consciousness I'm talking about. Sure the trip can be interesting. Often bizzare in higher doses. That's not where it's at for me.

Having said that the first time I took mushrooms this familiar feeling flooded my body. I've done this before was the overpowering sensation I felt on a body and mind level.
Each time after that first time its the same.

However my interest is in the aftermath of the trip. How I feel about nature, shadows, dreams etc is like a long lost world opening up for me.

That's when I do my research on an intuitive rather than an intellectual level.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

OfflineAzzA
Blue Meanie Smokin Weedy
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTSt☆ [Re: Heyowana] * 1
    #25828659 - 02/21/19 07:50 PM (2 months, 27 days ago)

Bloody hell!
Well said Heyo.

gotta read up on them again and ill keep my eye out for them. wish me luck.

Quote:

Blazer420 said:
another season thread woo!! Best of luck NSW! :highfive:

Nice hauls already AzzA :super:

Cheers mang!:cool:
Quote:

bobwastaken said:
:whathesaid:Anyone been searching for P.papuana? Looks like they can be found from January-July.

Lots of people are, they are quite sneaky!

Quote:

Captain Red Beard said:
Hello all!
New face to these boards and hopefully I will have some great pics to share with you this season. I've recently migrated from the ACT to NSW South Coast and this will be my first year picking this region
The next 7 days look like low 20's and a nice drop of rain for my area - any advice on what types of areas I should start my hunting??

1. you may wanna wait another month..
2. pine forests or low laying garden areas.

Quote:

Heyowana said:
Should be plenty of meanies - Panaeolus cyanescens around in cow paddocks up and down the coast if we get a good rainfall event. Then in the weeks to come goldtops - Psilocybe cubensis should also start fruiting as well. Just need that rain.
Welcome to shroomery guys. Hope you have a great season.

The rain starts now, just hope Cyclone Oma doesnt go overkill n ruin my spot.
hopefully going up to the MNC in a week.

--------------------
Your opinion lacks any logical merit nor that it matters anyway.
Enjoy your opinions...
Rate me or just rate peeps for good posts!

OfflineGreat Byte
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AzzA]
    #25830355 - 02/22/19 03:04 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

I know it says no ID requests and I'm sorry, but I'm new and you guys seem to be the best people I could possibly get a little information off. This area has been known to grow blue meanies and I'm sure these are but still too small. Thoughts?
Do you think if I go back in a day or two they will have grown. Cheers guys.
Disregard this found out what they are

Edited by Great Byte (02/22/19 04:21 PM)

Offlinebubumbs
Stranger
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Great Byte]
    #25830502 - 02/22/19 04:14 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

Hi all, here in Sydney it has been raining with a temperature around 22C. Do you think it will time to go for a wonder?  Which varieties should I look for? I am familiar only with the P. Serbica back in Europe. Thanks in advance

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bubumbs]
    #25830893 - 02/22/19 07:57 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

Still too early for woodlovers in Sydney. Give it two more months for P.subaeruginosa.

Panaeolus cyanescens check cow paddocks in rural areas near Sydney.

Panaeolus cinctulus you could try grassy parks in the Sydney area. Look in the wettest areas in lawns, parks etc.

More exotic species like P.alutacea horse paddocks. Checking horse dung in shaded areas. They are pretty similar to Deconica coprophila which isnt active but grows on horse dung as well.

P.papuana you could look for on clay embankments or where any sawing has been done of trees for landscaping purposes. Hardwood sawdust preferably that's been weathered for a season or two.

Hope you find mushroom hunting here fun.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25830897 - 02/22/19 08:00 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

I forgot good old P.cubensis. Once again in rural areas near Sydney. Looking on cow manure.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

Edited by Heyowana (02/22/19 08:03 PM)

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana] * 1
    #25831072 - 02/22/19 09:42 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

I should say that picking mushrooms in cow paddocks anywhere near Sydney can be a nightmare.
When I used to pick Panaeolus cyanescens out Wisemana Ferry St Albans area I always had to be keeping a watchful eye for farmers. They didnt want strangers in their cow paddocks.
I'm sure it was the same for P.cubensis hunters out Warragamba Nepean area.
Sydney is just too populared to carry out those activities safely.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

InvisiblebobwastakenS
durch blutet
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25831194 - 02/22/19 11:49 PM (2 months, 26 days ago)

Good advice Heyowana and goodluck to the NSW hunters. I look forward to joining in the adventure come mid march.

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken]
    #25831536 - 02/23/19 06:49 AM (2 months, 26 days ago)

A friend from USA sent me a favourable report for P.alutacea grown from spores I sent him.

What's the concensus of opinion regarding potency of P.alutacea in SA?

He thought maybe the sunlight at 30 degrees S where I am might be degrading their potency.

I tend to agree. The P.subaeruginosa up here arent near as potent as the ones in Sydney.

On the other side of the coin P.papuana and P.undescribed are as potent as anything weight for weight.

I'd like to get my P.tasmaniana patch working again. Each year they start fruiting first week in March.
Last year they hardly fruited at all with the dry weather.

Think I'll get some bags of horse manure and spread it around there again. Havent done it for a couple of years so it may be worthwhile.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

OfflineAzzA
Blue Meanie Smokin Weedy
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
    #25832261 - 02/23/19 12:46 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Heyowana said:
He thought maybe the sunlight at 30 degrees S where I am might be degrading their potency.

I tend to agree. The P.subaeruginosa up here arent near as potent as the ones in Sydney.
(AzzA: and I shall be here to find them hehe.  :smile:)

Think I'll get some bags of horse manure and spread it around there again. Havent done it for a couple of years so it may be worthwhile.

Good luck with making the potential patch bigger.

I’m keen to go MNC next week, Are you able to meet me down there?
Will PM you later on bro

--------------------
Your opinion lacks any logical merit nor that it matters anyway.
Enjoy your opinions...
Rate me or just rate peeps for good posts!

Invisiblekarode13M
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Trusted Identifier
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AzzA] * 3
    #25832676 - 02/23/19 03:40 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Thought I should share these if people are out looking.

Suspected Psilocybe papuana(waiting for DNA to confirm). Found on 8th December 2018 in Gippsland, Victoria.

--------------------

InvisiblebobwastakenS
durch blutet
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: karode13]
    #25833338 - 02/23/19 07:54 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Wow! Thanks for sharing this find! Certainly look like P.papuana. Were there more specimens in the area and what was the altitude?

Quote:

A friend from USA sent me a favourable report for P.alutacea grown from spores I sent him.

What's the concensus of opinion regarding potency of P.alutacea in SA?

I don't know of anyone else having tried P.alutacea in SA. Wild specimens are not weak in potency but I will give P.subaeruginosa the nod.
Cultivated SA specimens are another beast altogether. They grow several times larger than those in the wild and will bruise much more readily. I would rate indoor specimens alongside P.subaeruginosa for potency. .5g dried starts things off nicely.

Invisiblekarode13M
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Trusted Identifier
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 1
    #25833592 - 02/23/19 10:11 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

100-200m above sea level. No other specimens. Were founds after a couple days of rain. Then it got hot after that which would've prevented anymore from coming up.

--------------------

Offline50Shades
Stranger
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AzzA]
    #25833859 - 02/24/19 02:49 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Hey everyone, this will be my first season of foraging I'm from South East Victoria. I know that subs grow here, I've heard that they start popping up in April to May. Just wondering if anyone else from around here knows what else grows and what time they pop up. Cheers guys :smile:

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: 50Shades] * 1
    #25833957 - 02/24/19 04:46 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Thanks for the P.alutacea feedback bobwastaken.

Azza yeah pm me sometime. It's too dry here ATM but it would be nice to catch up with you sometime.

Karode13 they look promising. Hard to tell via my mobile.
However the pale almost Mycena looking gills look right. Cap looks dry as well so I'm really interested to be kept up to date on this find.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

OfflineRisk Breaker
Amateur Horticulturalist

#25837820 - 02/25/19 08:55 PM (2 months, 23 days ago)

Hello everyone!

Last Autumn was my first hunting season, I had the time of my life researching, hunting for and experimenting with Psilocybe subaeruginosa
I'm really excited to get back out there soon, but I'm intrigued by these more rarer actives you guys are finding, they look wicked!

I had a dream where I found a patch of giant subs growing in a hollowed out, moist old tree, I can't wait.

Good luck everyone!

Offlinesamboske
Mr
 User Gallery
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Risk Breaker]
    #25838123 - 02/26/19 01:03 AM (2 months, 23 days ago)

Just went for a hunt in the central coast and could see Antilarium's fairly often. Could only search a couple of fields, it's hard to find private patches this far South!

Also spotted a couple of death caps..

It was moist but I don't know, maybe I just didn't check enough paddocks.

Anyway keep hunting it's fun as hell :smile:

OfflineHeyowana
cactophile
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: samboske]
    #25838177 - 02/26/19 02:48 AM (2 months, 23 days ago)

Hi risk breaker. P.papuana are wicked. Both for looks and effect.

Samboske it might be getting a bit cold for Pan.cyans on the central coast. If we get some follow up rain there could be some P.cubensis about in the right cow paddocks.

Good luck and fingers crossed for a bit or rather a lot more rain in the weeks ahead.

--------------------
I LOVE MATUCANA PACHANOI

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification