Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrock
Spore Mess! and Already Drying?
    #2575797 - 04/19/04 12:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I just got back in town a few hours ago. My first grow is doing pretty good. I had to leave for 3 full days and I had my first 5 cakes that were pinning. 3 of 5 had tons of pins when I left and the other 2 were just starting to pin. Also I birthed 7 more jars the day before I left.

So anyways, I put pollyfill in holes in my rubber maid, misted the best I could, and then put a fan on the lowest possible setting, then I left town hoping for the best. So when I returned a few hours ago, there is a big mess in my rubbermaid, a spore mess that is. Well, Ill just have to suck it up becuase there really isnt much I can do about that.

My question

1) Have you ever had mushrooms that started to dry before they were picked? I picked all the mushrooms from 3 cakes, other 2 will be done in 24-48 hours. My setup seemed pretty dry when I got back and not much humidity. The mushrooms seem like they were partially dried already. The pins were very fat when I left but on those three cakes, they seem very skinny now. The strain is B+. The other 2 cakes that were a few days behind have pins on them that are very fat and maturing fat, and seem like they still have alot more moisture to them. Also, the three cakes that made skinny shrooms were closest to air holes and the fan. Im thinking they stopped growing right after they dropped spores and then began to dry out and shrink up while still on the cakes.

So have you had mushes that started to dry before being picked?

Those 3 cakes are now being re-dunked, for the second flush as they are very dried out. I am now back in town for a long time so I will be keeping my humidity up, misting up, and fanning up.

Would love to show some pics but I dont have a camera sorry.

I couldnt tell what were aborts on the 3 cakes because there were spores everywhere, whiched made any little pins that were there look black. So I proceded to cut all pins off for the dunk to be safe as I dont want to leave someting on there to rot.

Oh yeah, I used sciccers to cut off mushrooms as I found out that picking them was very hard without ripping large chunks out of the cake. Is using sciccers fine?

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Spore Mess! and Already Drying? [Re: frock]
    #2576099 - 04/19/04 01:22 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

use a razor blade, box knife or scalpel if you have one, cut as close as you can and put a little peroxide in the water when you dunk them but dont go crazy with it. overall your shit just dried out because you neglected your babies for so long  :whoa: hopefully a dunk will bring them back to life.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation