Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVerseau404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Psilocybe Cubensis- two different cap colors [FIRST TIME GROWER]
    #25751558 - 01/18/19 02:08 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Well hello shroomers ! First post and first time growing shrooms. Let me give you some context first.

I was impatient to start growing mushrooms,so I ordered a grower kit (yes I know, could've done everything by myself, but anyways)I completely forgot that I had to go away for three weeks ! Started growing anyways ! Had a first batch, but not even close to a complete first batch, maybe just a dozen shrooms?

I had to go away, so I harvested the biggest, and proceeded to put the growing chamber in the fridge (against all the advices I read) but it was my only option, didn't want to come back finding rotting shrooms or anything.. So I took my chances. I cam back 10 days ago, let the growing chamber out, started to routine procedure, spraying with water the substrate, 12hrs of light etc. And shrooms started to grow again about 3-4 days ago!

However, I realised that there was probably some contamination, some parts of the mycelium were blue, some pins turned blue as well, and something that looked like cobweb popped up. I sprayed some hydrogen P. on it, it stopped the growth (I think?) but it started to darken a bit.

Anyways, I now have one mushroom with a light brown cap, and all the others are dark brown! Are the dark brown caps contaminated?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Far Far Away
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis- two different cap colors [FIRST TIME GROWER] [Re: Verseau404]
    #25751630 - 01/18/19 02:41 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Blue is bruising from cold shock, being misted too hard or being too dry..the caps are darker at first and then lighten up, but black means aborts, so pick those off before they rot

Plus I have no idea why you've got it in a cardboard box..Get it into a plastic tub, shoebox size so you can properly control FAE and moisture

OfflineVerseau404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis- two different cap colors [FIRST TIME GROWER] [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25751709 - 01/18/19 03:27 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Ohhhh okayy, thanks a lot ! The carbox was part of the growkit (see the pic)

InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Far Far Away
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis- two different cap colors [FIRST TIME GROWER] [Re: Verseau404]
    #25751853 - 01/18/19 04:24 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

You should poke some air hole in the bag, mycelium needs evaporation to pin correctly..Check the shoebox tek in the signature, as that is more or less what you have here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract