Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Phish, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesumthinesoteric
nothing
Loc: the void
Grateful Dead & The Allman Brothers at the Grorge questions
    #2574515 - 04/18/04 05:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

just had a few questions for anyone listening out there.

I was to the gorge once about 2 years ago for a DMB concert, and was kinda dissapointed at the crowd that was there, in fact it made kinda stop listening to DMB, that and putting a song in a war movie. 

I liked the surrounding nature, albeit the litter, didn't camp, rather drive back, but while I was there is was pretty cool.

1. anyways, I have never been to a ":gd_icon:Dead:gd_icon:"  show, and was wondering what it's like?

2. Has anyone seen either of these two bands at the Gorge?

3. When buying tickets is says something about "behind the golden circle" and I have no idea what that means, anyone know?

4. are there other people here going?

5. the tickets are $56.70 a piece and the best I can get so far is one of the side sections, (or behind the golden circle, per question 3), and was wondering if this is a good price.

anyways, in the end I figure fuck it!, when am I ever gonna get two see these two bands again, let alone at the same time, I mean sure there sans a few memebers but it's music and my wife and I don't want to miss out on this like we missed out on never being able to see Jerry in the past decades, so in the end we are still gonna go.

Anywyas, any info or opinions of this show, these bands, or the gorge would be cool.

whatever,

sumthinesoteric

:gd_icon: :mushroom2: :gd_icon:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinefRUct0se
Stranger
Re: Grateful Dead & The Allman Brothers at the Grorge questions [Re: sumthinesoteric]
    #2575813 - 04/19/04 12:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely go...if I could afford to, I'd see as much Dead/ABB as I possibly could this summer. As for the scene, it'll be nothing like DMB.

I dont know if you have ever been to a phish concert, but here is what to expect.

3 hours or more before the doors open people will start showing up, and a marketplace will kinda form itself in the parking lot. People will have all sorts of goodies from ganja food, to shirts that they are trying to sell/trade. This is why I advise you show up afew hours early, its fun to just hang out and meet people. Once the doors open, people will make their way in (the band usually doesnt play for 2 hours or so after the doors open). Once your inside, just chill and wait for the band to come out, and be blown away. Pot will be abundant at the event im sure, but dont try bringing anything in to the show with you unless you hide it very well, because they check people usually for that...

Enjoy=) If you have any questions, just ask=)

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Grateful Dead & The Allman Brothers at the Grorge questions [Re: fRUct0se]
    #2579412 - 04/19/04 09:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was at the Gorge for a Phish show and a Counting Crows concert. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The Crows concert was kinda disapointing as they had chairs in a place called the golden circle, which I hope doesn't mean that the Dead will have seating as there is plenty of it on the hill overlooking the stage, but the Phish concert was a blast because you could dance down in the circle. I'm hoping to check that concert out too but money's kinda tight but anything for the dead  :gd_icon:.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Phish, The Doors

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media