Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

gratefulness * 3
    #25734918 - 01/09/19 10:05 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Are you a grateful person ?

Life is pretty scary out there

I am mostly really grateful feel like I could be more thankful though

Just to be alive ablel to walk see, smell , taste and hear is really something

To have a friend or family to talk laugh and smile with

Thinking about being a kid and how we were all kids really hits me I have a nephew he is a baby and listing to him laugh and squeeze my hand it's really something I am going to make sure he does a lot better than me with his life can't wait to pick mushrooms with him

If you ever need a friend or anyone to talk with I'll be here and I'll be your friend for life

I got your back

When I needed that everyone told me to fuck myself

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: gratefulness [Re: watermelon mon] * 1
    #25734935 - 01/09/19 10:19 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Im definitely grateful for what i have. Sometimes i forget how grateful i should be and take it for granted.

But overall, i recongize i have a good, easy life.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#25735076 - 01/10/19 01:09 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Every day.

Blessed, never stressed, although I do get stressed when trying to create something it's the good type of stress which encourages my being to think differently.

--------------------
©️

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: gratefulness [Re: Lucis]
    #25735498 - 01/10/19 08:24 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I try to hold an appreciation perspective.  Life is easier and more focused when you are grateful, it seems little things lose their power if you don't give it to them.

--------------------

InvisibleMickey D

Re: gratefulness [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25735524 - 01/10/19 08:41 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Besides a gratitude journal are there any other suggestions on how to be more grateful?

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: gratefulness [Re: Mickey D] * 1
    #25735603 - 01/10/19 09:32 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I give thanks after meditation and prayers every morning, before I open my eyes again. I think gratitude is one of the most important keys to living well, hard as it is to bring to mind sometimes.

I'm a little looser with what I choose to give thanks for on any particular day than I used to be; now I just give thanks for what comes to mind in the moment, but I used to try really hard to make it three NEW things each day when I was more rigid.

Back then I used to journal too. Some of my daily 'feel good' tasks were:

1. List 3 Gratitudes (3 new things)
2. Jounaling (list 1 positive experience in past 24 hours)
3. List one thing I could do to improve my life

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

Re: gratefulness [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25735745 - 01/10/19 10:49 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I like what you guys say I'm really happy to have food and water too

I wish everyone could be happy healthy and stuff but it's just life bad shit happens sometimes

I'm not religious but I get along with religious people really well

most of them are solid people who are ok

Sometimes its hard to shake the feeling of guilt even if I didnt do anything wrong but am mostly really relaxed

Have delt with lots of sociopaths they are scary

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25736155 - 01/10/19 02:22 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

watermelon mon said:
it's just life bad shit happens sometimes

It's a lot more than that mate. The default nature of the human condition is one of suffering, and it takes a fuck ton of work to break out of it.

Even someone who's life looks absolutely perfect knows suffering on the inside. I wish we all were more honest about this.

Our biggest challenge in this life is dealing with the 'bad shit' that's inside of us, not what's outside.

If you can get that right, THEN everything else starts falling into place.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleMickey D

#25736658 - 01/10/19 06:00 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
I give thanks after meditation and prayers every morning, before I open my eyes again. I think gratitude is one of the most important keys to living well, hard as it is to bring to mind sometimes.

I'm a little looser with what I choose to give thanks for on any particular day than I used to be; now I just give thanks for what comes to mind in the moment, but I used to try really hard to make it three NEW things each day when I was more rigid.

Back then I used to journal too. Some of my daily 'feel good' tasks were:

1. List 3 Gratitudes (3 new things)
2. Jounaling (list 1 positive experience in past 24 hours)
3. List one thing I could do to improve my life

Thank you Jokeshopbeard. I started your example this morning with the intent to be more grateful.  I always tend to focus on what I don't have yet and never grateful for what I have now, what's around me etc it's a very toxic way of life.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: gratefulness [Re: Mickey D]
    #25736849 - 01/10/19 07:35 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I’m not grateful enough.

It’s a reoccurring theme in my life to work my ass off to get somewhere I envision. I get there and everything falls apart cause I start thinking about how I want more and I end up throwing everything I worked for away with dumb thoughts like having nothing would be easier than having something I’m not fully content with.  But I’m realizing this is a problem for me this time around and everyday I’m trying to look at the things I have and not think ‘I should have more’. I know there’s a constructive and positive way to move forward and blaze a new trail where I will get more and be happier. Just need to figure it out.

InvisibleMickey D

Re: gratefulness [Re: NOUS333]
    #25737038 - 01/10/19 09:23 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

NOUS333 - It was like reading my own words!

I worked in a few third world countries for an extended period of time, there they have virtually nothing, but let me tell you, some of the most content people I met, were from these third world countries.... and the most miserable people I've met are right here in Australia.

They have the nice house, cars etc and yet still bloody miserable.

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

#25737131 - 01/10/19 10:08 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Soory if I went off track a bit something bad happened to me not long after the original post and it made me thankful that everything is ok also made me relly think and somewhat smarten up but I can't say what happened I'm sure you can kind of gusse

It was making me resist in my mind but I feel like 100% better now

I've noticed the same thing Mickey D

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

watermelon mon said:
it's just life bad shit happens sometimes

It's a lot more than that mate. The default nature of the human condition is one of suffering

maybe I will use that in a song I'll call it jokeshopbeard I've been reading your posts for years and like them most of them were really long and made people think

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #25737136 - 01/10/19 10:10 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I grew up pretty poor and am very grateful for everything I have now, but I did work for it and made the decisions to get where I am. I take nothing for granted because it could all go away in an instant. I'm a billionaire in my point of view compared to how I grew up and the situation I was in. I've been really lucky and at the same time made better choices in the last 10 years or so.

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: gratefulness [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #25737214 - 01/10/19 11:10 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

For me, gratitude practice is an effective antidote against depressing and the tendency to focus on the negative.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25737394 - 01/11/19 03:18 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mickey D said:
I worked in a few third world countries for an extended period of time, there they have virtually nothing, but let me tell you, some of the most content people I met, were from these third world countries.... and the most miserable people I've met are right here in Australia.

I've travelled a lot of the world and this is the FIRST thing I always notice when I return to westernised society after spending time in third world countries.

Sometimes, it's literally the moment I set foot back on the soil of the overprivileged nation.

Othertimes, one slowly sees the overprivileged nation more and more through the eyes of the underprvileged you've been spending time with and it makes your heart weep that it could be this way.

The peoples with the least often seem to be the happiest in my experience of our species the world over. Probably cause they're really grateful for what they actually have, rather than wanting more than they already have.

Truly, whoever possesses little is that much less possessed; priased be a little poverty!
--Neitzsche

It is not the man who has too little that is poor, but the one who hankers after more.
--Lucius Annaeus Seneca

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #25738223 - 01/11/19 12:52 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I agree.

This perspective is also the basis for 

It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of god.

Of course "god" isn't an invisible dude in the sky, and "the kingdom of god" isn't a really nice retirement community.

The kingdom of god is a state of mind. As opposed to the suffering of hell. Which is also not a location.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder