Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: bottom of a bottle
Old Amanita experience
    #2573630 - 04/18/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This is from a couple of years back when I was keen on trying anything and everything. Did my reading, weighed up the pros and cons and went ahead and picked heaps of the readily available (in my area) Amanita Muscaria.
I took 10grams of dried powdered cap and smoked a couple of cones. Felt a bit dodgey but the buds sorted out the nausea. Watched T.V for an hour or so feeling pretty ripped and then decided to go outside for a ciggie as it was a nice night. That was almost the last I remember of being awake except for realising something must be happening because I was starting to see colours and movement all over the place. I would have liked to remember more of what I was seeing but the next thing I know I was lying down on my bed, then that was it, I was asleep.
The dreams were like nothing else though. Not just vivid, they seemed far to real. I'll try to explain part of it: I knew that the world was only so much and once you've done it you would forget about it and keep on living your life, oblivious to the fact you've done it before and will do it again. Scary thing is I knew the deal and kept on living with the knowledge that there is only so much to know, and knowing it all means theres nothing left. Doesn't look right in words but it scared the hell out of me.
Also I came so close to knowing what everything meant but never quite got there leaving me so confused and annoyed. I know now that is crazy but I could have sworn i was on the brink of solving the puzzle of evrything. Crazy night, far different to anything else I've tried.
Woke up the next day about noon feeling weird as fuck and after speaking to a couple of mates realised I shouldn't be around people and spent the rest of the day in my room thinking about the night before. I threw the rest of the amanitas away and found my cigarettes in the garden a couple of days later, I didn't know I'd lost them.
That trip (of sorts) has stayed with me more vividly than any LSD/mushroom trip I've done and really messed with me for a few days. I decided that I would do it again but no time soon, and 2 years later I still haven't, but it's still in the to do basket.

wrong since '81'

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Old Amanita experience [Re: munter]
    #2574014 - 04/18/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting. I'm inexperienced in dosing Amanitas, but isn't 10 grams dry a very heroic dose for any psychadelic mushroom? Perhaps the nicotine interacted with the psilocybin strangely. Perhaps the fact that this event has re-surfaced in your mind strongly enough to broadcast it online is suggesting a re-enactment. Hell, you may figure it all out this time!

Thanks for sharing your experience, let us know if you choose to continue it. And welcome to the Shroomery, btw!

yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2574375 - 04/18/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

interesting experiance and welcome to the shroomery

and the dose for amanitas is completely different than psilocybe mushrooms. other compounds.
even with psilocybe mushroms dosage varies between species

click for my music                  First release!   
        smooth chillout dub        Tales of the Green Dragon EP
prog psy and livesets                                       

older music: ambient and psydub

missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2574674 - 04/18/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I love dreams...

Smoke The Weed

Loc: bottom of a bottle
Re: Old Amanita experience [Re: KackleDude]
    #2574872 - 04/18/04 09:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, this place rocks :smile:, some interesting characters around here.

All my mates thought I was an idiot for trying amanitas because they thought they were deadly poisonous, as did I until I started researching them. I did a lot of research before I tried them and was quite aware of what sort of doseage to take and what to expect. Although I had no way of telling exactly what would happen, I knew what I was getting into.
As I said though, I'm in no hurry to try again, but one day. I'll stick with the liberty caps for now.

wrong since '81'

Loc: Las Vegas
    #2575569 - 04/18/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I took about 15 grams on my first AM experience. Passed out and thought I had died and was experiencing eternity, an endless, irritating thought loop. All I wanted to do was to stop think and cease to exist. An awful experience.

Edited by Huxley (04/18/04 11:18 PM)

User Gallery

Loc: Wellington
    #2592178 - 04/22/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My friends and I ate some amanita muscaria one crazy night a couple of years ago. I didn't have very much but my friend had two large caps. They tasted horrible and the effects were...interesting. I can only really compare them to datura: loss of control over mind and body, basically completely losing yourself to crazy delusions.

I was fine, just feeling a bit sick but my friend went absolutely crazy and couldn't walk properly - at one point he fell forward and caught himself with his forehead. Luckily we were on grass. There was no way to communicate with him as he couldn't, or wouldn't hear us and  he talked only gibberish. His delusions varied from thinking he was a dog to thinking he had been dead for two years (he was crying hysterically at this point, thinking everybody had forgotten about him) to thinking wwe were in 1908 cruising around in his car. Then he passed out for a few hours (he could not be woken no matter what we tried - kind of amusing for a while) then he woke up and continually vomited for about 3 hours. The next day he was a bit jaded but otherwise fine, so at least it doesn't have the length and after-effects of datura.

Anyway, not recommended at all. I wouldn't do it again. It does seem funny now though  :nut:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience