Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: North 'Murica
Re: Coming along nicely......so close! [Re: TheDude11]
    #25907775 - 03/31/19 01:35 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Well things are moving along nicely!

A big problem however. In 6 days I'm going out of the country for 10 days, and judging by the way things have been going, my first flush is going to happen in that window of time. I have a trusted friend who will come and look at things while I'm away, but he'll probably have to harvest the first flush.

Don't even get to pick my first babies! :frown:

If this does happen, is it OK to leave the bin as is after the first flush for a few days before dunking for the second? I'd rather do that when I get back than have someone else do it for me.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Trusted Identifier
    #25908519 - 03/31/19 09:27 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheDude11 said:

A big problem however. In 6 days I'm going out of the country for 10 days, and judging by the way things have been going, my first flush is going to happen in that window of time. I have a trusted friend who will come and look at things while I'm away, but he'll probably have to harvest the first flush.

If this does happen, is it OK to leave the bin as is after the first flush for a few days before dunking for the second? I'd rather do that when I get back than have someone else do it for me.

When it comes time to harvest,  I would fill the tub and float the substrate to the top, it makes for easier harvesting and you irrigate the substrate at the same time.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
Re: Coming along nicely......so close! [Re: Doc9151]
    #25908910 - 04/01/19 04:15 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Quote:

TheDude11 said:

When it comes time to harvest,  I would fill the tub and float the substrate to the top, it makes for easier harvesting and you irrigate the substrate at the same time.

How long do you let it sit in the water?

Offlinebendrider
Dirt Monkey
Male User Gallery

#25910816 - 04/02/19 02:34 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I was recently told to let it float for an hour and siphon off the water. Also, try noir to get the topic the substrate soaked. I soaked mine and it’s taking longer to get the second flush. A good misting would have been better than soak/dunking it.

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
Re: Coming along nicely......so close! [Re: bendrider]
    #25910882 - 04/02/19 04:28 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Seeing the first little babies!. I'm so excited! but saddened that I have to be away for a lot of this stage. :frown:

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
    #25914614 - 04/04/19 01:03 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Well after 3 days, the veil is breaking on the little guy:

Not sure why this one has so much energy. I'm just seeing a handful starting to come through the surface, yet this one is done already..... Is this normal?

Invisiblenube424
Male
    #25915524 - 04/04/19 02:46 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

With multispore grows, everything is normal. Its just a faster fruiting strain. U can try cloning it and maybe get a fast fruiting strain.

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
Re: Coming along nicely......so close! [Re: nube424]
    #25915574 - 04/04/19 03:20 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I'm already hours away. They're being babysat by a friend, with very detailed instructions.

I'm pretty bummed about having to let someone else harvest my first successful grow. Just ended up being really crappy timing.

Can you folks please give me suggestions? I told him to pick them as they grow when the veil breaks, so he'll likely be picking some everyday for the next few days until the flush is done. This is advisable yes? Since it is a multisport and first flush  they won't be growing very evenly?

What do you recommend as far as method? With that one I gently twisted it off the myc, but it felt like I was damaging the myc that way, would it be better to have him use a clean blade?

They will obviously have to be stored over the next 10 days. What is an easy method of drying them? Or should I tell him to put them in a paper bag and put them in the fridge until I can get back. Then I can properly dry them.

I'm trying to make things as easy as possible for the babysitter, as he knows nothing about cultivating mushrooms.

Thanks for the tips

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Trusted Identifier
    #25915622 - 04/04/19 03:44 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

multi spore will pin at different times because of all the different genetics present,  if you want, you can do isolation until you have a monoculture and then everything will grow at the same rate.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
    #25915629 - 04/04/19 03:48 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

That's my plan over the next couple of months, since I'll be living away from home I plan on utilizing the 'no-grow' time to hone in some good strains. Got an agar kit with peatry dishes coming tomorrow.

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
    #25923778 - 04/08/19 08:13 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Today's update pic:

Invisiblestaytrippy420

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25923799 - 04/08/19 08:25 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I like to cut with a pair of sharp snips, when ever I twist and pull I fuck up the top layer.
then they go straight into the dehydrator set at 160..

Get your friend to buy a dehydrator, doesn't have to be fancy they are cheap.
if thats not an option find a space heater and dry then on a window screen in a small space like a closet or a cardboard box (homemade dehydrator)

The longer they take to dry the less potent they will be due to oxidization.
Congrats on the first grow, you got some healthy fruits there.

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
Re: Coming along nicely......so close! [Re: staytrippy420] * 1
    #25926118 - 04/10/19 04:13 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Well this happened:

Only one of the tubs is taking off like crazy like this though, everything else is just small fruits here and there so I'm not sure what's up. This 1 tub sure does make me happy though.

Offlinekillacali760
Wylie Coyote

Loc: WV
    #25927285 - 04/10/19 05:50 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

well this does give me a little hope. gonna start my first run in a week or so. :cool:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Trusted Identifier
    #25929453 - 04/11/19 08:13 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheDude11 said:
Well this happened:

Only one of the tubs is taking off like crazy like this though, everything else is just small fruits here and there so I'm not sure what's up. This 1 tub sure does make me happy though.

Are the other hubs multi spore grow? If so they will mature at different times and be of different sizes.

--------------------

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
    #25939780 - 04/17/19 12:35 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I yeilded about 1.5 dry oz from the first round in the one bin, and its looking like a nice second flush is on it's way:

Still not much happening in the other one, however I'm fairly confident it will explode soon.
I think it may be from lifting it to move it, the bottom is pretty flexible so the weight disturbed the mycelium formation. I have positioned it so it doesn't have to be moved.

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
    #25941434 - 04/18/19 12:51 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Trying this agar thing out....

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
And it comes to a close! [Re: TheDude11]
    #25960501 - 04/28/19 12:34 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Well my first grow is coming to a close and I'm getting ready to go on a 5 month job.

Trying to get a few agar dishes going so I can throw them in the fridge and have them be ready for immediate inoculation when I get back.

I would sum this up as a success, although the yeild wasn't near what I had hoped. But there was a ton of trial and error intentionally on my part. I wanted to test out different methods of doing things to get a feel of what worked best for me. I believe I have accomplished that and am confident my next round will be a great success. So on that, I'm going to take my 2oz yeild have have an awesome summer.

Until next time Shroomers!

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Trusted Identifier
Re: And it comes to a close! [Re: TheDude11]
    #25962386 - 04/29/19 11:36 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheDude11 said:
Well my first grow is coming to a close and I'm getting ready to go on a 5 month job.

Trying to get a few agar dishes going so I can throw them in the fridge and have them be ready for immediate inoculation when I get back.

I would sum this up as a success, although the yeild wasn't near what I had hoped. But there was a ton of trial and error intentionally on my part. I wanted to test out different methods of doing things to get a feel of what worked best for me. I believe I have accomplished that and am confident my next round will be a great success. So on that, I'm going to take my 2oz yeild have have an awesome summer.

Until next time Shroomers!

Share pictures of your mushroom observations while out on this job you're heading too, you never know when you will find something good, worth printing for later use. Good luck and hope this job goes smoothly.

--------------------

OfflineTheDude11
Professional degenerate
Re: And it comes to a close! [Re: Doc9151]
    #25970852 - 05/03/19 10:01 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Yeah I guess it might be worth my while to start learning IDs on wild ones. I'll be living in the rockies and hiking quite a bit, I'll start my homework!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started