Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleconnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Pathless Path
DMT "lab bust" * 1
    #25734262 - 01/09/19 04:21 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/crime--law/new-details-released-about-dmt-drug-lab-bust-springfield/HJfiQI33ebjSG3oHU4L4dI/amp.html

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office revealed new details about what was found inside a Springfield apartment during a drug lab bust last week.

Major Christopher Clark with the sheriff’s office said what investigators originally thought might have been a meth lab — was actually a Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) lab.

It’s used as a hallucinogen. It’s a very powerful psychedelic drug similar to LSD,” he said.

Clark said there were varying components of a lab found inside 28-year-old Logan Lebaroff’s apartment, located in the 200 block of South Yellow Springs Street.

One of the most abundant things found was lye, both in liquid and powder form. Clark said there were baggies of powder lye that had been ground down into various consistencies.

Investigators also found DMT in the processing stages in a rubbing alcohol bottle in the apartment’s freezer.

Clark said the DMT was in mid-process, where the chemicals begin to separate. The leftover from the separation, which looks like sludge, was put into a pickle jar in a cabinet.

Bottles of starting fluid and paint thinner were also found in the apartment, which Clark said can be used to make DMT.

Clark said Lebaroff was on probation when the lab was discovered. It was probation officers performing a housing check who found the narcotics lab. Lebaroff was taken into custody when he returned to the apartment.

Ohio BCI agents removed the materials being used to make DMT and deemed the area safe.

It wasn’t clear what crime Lebaroff was on probation for, but Clark said he will now face a second-degree felony charge for manufacturing the drug and a fifth-degree felony charge for possession of the drug.

Neighbors who didn’t want to be identified said the apartment complex is usually quiet.

Clark said once charges for the drug lab bust are finalized, Lebaroff should be in court on Tuesday morning. As of Monday evening, he was being held at the Clark County Jail on the charge of violating his probation.

Saw this on the local news , rare to see dmt busts

The pictures though were insane dude had this shit in like 2 liter Sprite bottles and also the lye did not look like the safe brand with sodium hydroxide only :facepalm:

I tried to find the pics but couldn't

--------------------

54. The true nature of things is to be known personally , through the eyes of clear illumination and not through a sage : what the moon exactly is , is to be known with one's own eyes ; can another make him know it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: connectedcosmos] * 1
    #25734337 - 01/09/19 04:53 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

DMT is not a “narcotic.” These people never make any sense and their worldview is anything but coherent.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: CountHTML] * 1
    #25734595 - 01/09/19 06:51 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

he's an idiot though he's on parole
if i had cops visiting my house I wouldn't be doing anything

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: CountHTML] * 1
    #25734902 - 01/09/19 09:52 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:
DMT is not a “narcotic.” These people never make any sense and their worldview is anything but coherent.

nar·cot·ic
/närˈkädik/Submit
noun
a drug or other substance affecting mood or behavior and sold for nonmedical purposes, especially an illegal one.

--------------------

OfflineWinds
Scientist

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: muistrue]
    #25734924 - 01/09/19 10:09 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

What's up with so much lye? It's not like you need that, or at least not in great quantities. It's a big deal for nothing lol

--------------------

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: muistrue]
    #25735033 - 01/10/19 12:02 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

muistrue said:
Quote:

CountHTML said:

nar·cot·ic
/närˈkädik/Submit
noun
a drug or other substance affecting mood or behavior and sold for nonmedical purposes, especially an illegal one.

Fair enough. I suppose it’s a “dual definition” situation. Medically, I think of a narcotic as something that binds to opiate receptors with strong addictive potential. A quick scan of the history of the term reveals it originally referred to psychoactive compounds with sleep-inducing qualities. Meh. Language evolves. I suppose application of the term has broadened to encompass illegal “drugs” in general but I would argue that this tendency to generalize, or fail to distinguish between drug classes is at best sloppy and at worst an example of “word magic” motivated by political convenience.

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: muistrue] * 1
    #25735283 - 01/10/19 05:53 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

muistrue said:
Quote:

CountHTML said:

nar·cot·ic
/närˈkädik/Submit
noun

That is the English definition, but the literal Latin root interpretation is something more like "sleep inducing drug" so really things like stimulants, psychedelics, etc aren't included while legal drugs like benzos and prescription opiods are definitely "narcotic" drugs even though they aren't illegal. That is depending on how one looks at the situation

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: tacodude]
    #25735488 - 01/10/19 08:16 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:

Also, I found the use of the word "deemed" in the article amusing.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #25736240 - 01/10/19 03:21 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Cops find 1 kg of acacia bark and lighter fluid, they report to the lamestream media: SOPHISTICATED NARCOTICS LAB THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO MAKE $1 MILLION a WEEK, NO, a DAY! :gameover:

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: PsychoReactive] * 1
    #25736273 - 01/10/19 03:33 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

The point is, that stupid idiot was doing it while on probation, period. Not to mention he brought more attention to the home brew method with those idiot fucking cops!

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25737908 - 01/11/19 09:42 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Why "lye" and not Naoh? Afaik theres a difference

I agree that doing extractions on probation isnt ideal at all, but its also just a dmt extraction. Probably needed to blast off. At least it wasnt meth. "Similar to LSD" yeah, right. Maybe orally

Also acacia seems to be a pain im the ass. Its not hard to get mimosa, and if stealth is a thing then many places send it powdered. Theres really no point in trying to control dmt plants/living things, cause, where does it end? Oranges, humans? Dogs?

Btw true definition of narcotic - sleep inducing, depressant. Usually an opioid. "Narcotic medication" does not apply to adderall or klonopin, but it does to hydrocodone

Dxm is always labeled "non-narcotic formula" but id say its a stronger dissociative than ketamine and maybe along the lines of pcp. I feel ket and pcp could be called narcotics (using the "drug" definition...also perhaps the sleep inducing definition, but not the true opioid sedative definition).

Its like the word "dope" but narcotic is a medical term. Is dope weed? Is dope heroin? Is dope meth? Or is it all drugs? These are very different definitions

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (01/11/19 09:50 AM)

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: CountHTML]
    #25737918 - 01/11/19 09:48 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:

A Narcotic is any drug that is a schedule 1 or 2 drug in the United States and according to the controlled substance charter of the United Nations.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Doc9151]
    #25737933 - 01/11/19 09:55 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Thats not the true definition though. I listed all of them right above.

Thats a made up definition.

Also, doesnt look like they found any ready to use dmt. Theres a law for opium where if you cut open the poppy, youre breaking the law, but not until then. I dunno what that point is for dmt but it wasnt actually dmt yet from what i understand. Maybe some dirty stuff filled with N-oxide-D

And i bet whatever the case it prolly wasnt alot.

Psychedelic users need to stand up like the cannabis users have. Mushrooms, lsd, dmt, these things have been showing nothing but positive results in research for many conditions. I only wish i was able to give my friend a tab in the clinic before he passed last night. He was really not up for a psychedelic trip, and i surely wasnt gonna dose him in that state, but it may have been totally positive. Its a friend i used to trip with weekly. One time he took 2.7g of some shrooms i grew and he stopped doing all drugs for 2 years and changed his whole life. One dose. I lost this friend last night to stomach cancer.

Sigh. Just really wish we got to trip together one more time

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25738070 - 01/11/19 11:02 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I'll just repeat what I said that the latin roots of natcotic translate into "sleep inducing drug" even though the more commonly accepted term is the legal definition rather than the literal medical definition so while everyone is correct in their statement only fractals argument is correct after mine.

OfflineOrangeJ
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25738354 - 01/11/19 02:11 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:

Lol, nice catch ^. I find this amusing as well.

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #25738543 - 01/11/19 03:51 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:

Yeah this guy is definitely not the brightest for that. Why do people find it so hard to just play by the rules until they're not being watched like a hawk? I've seen tons of people who end up getting themselves deeper into shit because they can't put the bud/other drugs down for a few months when they know they're going to get random tests. Sure, it sucks regulating yourself like that, especially when you know it's not wrong, but its better than extending the time you're going to be in that position.

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #25738942 - 01/11/19 07:44 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Or rent a storage space to do this kind of extraction

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25739346 - 01/12/19 12:22 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Thats not the true definition though. I listed all of them right above.

Thats a made up definition.

It is a politically-motivated manipulation of language that nonetheless seems codified in the United States at this point in time. Regardless, I disagree with it and adhere to the medical model in which a “narcotic” is a class of drugs, e.g. opiates with addictive potential or sleep-inducing medication. Calling all illegal drugs e.g. marijuana “narcotics” seems incredibly lazy and convenient for the powers that be.

OfflineDancing with Bears
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 1984
    #25739365 - 01/12/19 01:05 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Lol how did this thread go from dmt bust to what is the definition of definition of definition of definition of imagination

DMT is DMT. It is a form of it self within itself of itself. You are either familiar with it, or not. 

Edited by Dancing with Bears (01/12/19 01:07 AM)

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Dancing with Bears]
    #25739373 - 01/12/19 01:18 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Debate and clarification are fun but certainly an ever-looming threat to derail threads. :pipesmoke:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25739503 - 01/12/19 05:27 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

What else is there to say, this guy got unlucky.

I would say its a few steps above just smoking bud while on parole, but he prolly thought hed get away with it. Anyway dmt is not a "serious" drug in terms of health (far from meth), and btw i wonder why they thought it was a meth lab in the first place. It seems to be an ohio thing, lots of dmt extractors. Though when i read "springfield" i didnt know which. I imagined the Simpsons Comic Book Guy extracting lol

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Fractal420]
    #25739571 - 01/12/19 06:57 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Because home drug labs are more associated with meth now that bathtub lsd labs and cocaine processing facilities are less common.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25741272 - 01/13/19 05:13 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm i wonder when they were "more common"? Im sure theres a good amount of lsd being synthed. Mdma too. Those are always in demand. So there will always be a supply

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #25741820 - 01/13/19 11:15 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Not in bathtubs like the 60s-80s maybe 90s. Besides a lot of ergoloids possibly including 25 come out of a lab that has permission to produce it the underground lab I assume are much more sophisticated now that supply and information is easy access.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: OrangeJ]
    #25746814 - 01/16/19 03:51 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OrangeJ said:
Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:

Lol, nice catch ^. I find this amusing as well.

caught my eye as well.

Theres something that kinda bothers me about the term "deems". Maybe its how people say "gonna do some deems bruh" but more likely has to do with my own name. Lol. cant really explain on here unfortunately. But ill just say "doing some deems" seems to me a bit disrespectful to Dmt the way it is said. I never hear "gonna drink this here Aya, bruh. Chug! Chung! Chang!"

It makes me think of people just smoking "recreational" stuff. You know. Crack. Black tar. Fun. And i get some people really love the psychedelic experience but i think theres a way to love it in a way where youre still just looking for a thrill. Much like riding one of those really extreme roller coasters, being scared as fuck but hiding it, getting off and being like "holy shit i wanna go again"!

The people that truly love dmt (and smoke it to "visit entities" or whatever, even have babies in hyperspace, ive seen all that shit happen) will also love ayahuasca and Dpt. if a person says they really love dmt but they hate dpt or cant stand the duration, then i consider that someone who just wants to smoke dmt for fun.

:shrug: well, its not my job to police what drugs people like to use. If it was, id be in the candy thread being like "what are you doing with all that ice, Walter?"

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (01/16/19 04:02 AM)

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #25747071 - 01/16/19 08:37 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Ya the dislike of the term "deems" is pretty common... Kind of makes me think of terms like "Sherm," which for those who don't know is PCP.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#25747086 - 01/16/19 08:53 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It's cas (casual) dude, no prob dude. Yeah, this type of "english"/way of communicating is very irritating.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25751001 - 01/18/19 09:21 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:

The fuzz refers to any mind altering substance as a "narcotic" because they are misinformed and stupid.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #25753156 - 01/19/19 08:05 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Narcotics are any drugs legal or illegal that get sold illegally
Pretty not hard stuff. Personal feelings or hating LEO doesn't change the definition guys.

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: DMT "lab bust" [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25756574 - 01/20/19 04:34 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

That's the point though... Myself along with a couple others are just pointing out the legitimate original definition that is more in line with the medical sense that will include a set of substances no matter where you are vs the secondary definition you keep echoing that it's more of a legal term that varies on what is included depending where you are

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds