Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: ragadinks]
    #2570394 - 04/17/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Conifers are largely associated with having needles, but the connotation of conifer is meant to denote having cones.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2570689 - 04/17/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was refering to a definition in which conifers bear their seeds in cones. Perhaps my definition was too wide. I'm gone for the weekend and will research the manner when I get back. Hopefuly someone else will be able to do this as well to determine how accurate my definition was.

All needle bearing trees are conifers, while not all conifers are needle bearing...that is how I understand the manner.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: zeronio]
    #2570930 - 04/17/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was just thinking. Underground where the roots are the temps are going to be in the mid 50'F to mid 60'F range. You might get faster colonization at lower than room temperatures.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: Joshua]
    #2571029 - 04/17/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ekstaza and Joshua:

I did not know that. I always thought that conifer is a synonym for softwood and needles instead of leaves. But it sounds reasonable.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2571258 - 04/17/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Why do you guys think the mycelium will like cold temps? Washington is a cold climate but the temps get in the 60-80's over summer. I thought most growth likes the warmer temps for colonizing over the eummer then fruit at there sweetspot for fruting in fall.

zeronio, have you tried to transfer the mycelium into grain? Even if it won't fruit in the grain, It can still be used as spawn to an outdoor plot or an indoor setup with a nursery bought baby birch or alder or tree. Would you mind to transfer a wedge onto another petri allow it to take hold and send it my way? I'll keep it my fridge till I look into it more. Maybe find some previous failed experiments and figure out what they did right and wrong. If you can get growth on agar, I bet its been attempted to grow indoors. Someone just needs to find a tailored tek... or at least try, right guys?

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2571269 - 04/17/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

conifer:
Any of various mostly needle-leaved or scale-leaved, chiefly evergreen, cone-bearing gymnospermous trees or shrubs such as pines, spruces, and firs.
\Co"ni*fer\, n. [L. conifer; conus cone + ferre to bear: cf. F. conif[`e]re.] (Bot.) A tree or shrub bearing cones; one of the order Coniferae, which includes the pine, cypress, and (according to some) the yew.
n : any gymnospermous tree or shrub bearing cones [syn: coniferous tree]

#2 is the best description, Its any cone bearing tree and so alder is a conifer http://www.2020site.org/trees/alder.html.

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2571347 - 04/17/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for that lookup Grower. I have learned something new  :yesnod:.
In my opinion cones were only the very stiff things like on spruce, fires or pines.
I did not think that the hanging stuff like on alder or birch are considered as cones.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #2571359 - 04/17/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well i dont think the cones need to be hard. But i would understand where your coming from. Pines put out leaves that have a sap totaly diffrent from alder or most plants.

Edited by Gr0wer (04/17/04 11:48 PM)

Offlinethisspock
Masters Student

Loc: haha,..riiiight.
    #2571431 - 04/17/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Birch and alder, especially red alder are often found in substaintial amounts in coniferstands. However, neither are conifers, and you are right in your assumption. Alder is actually more of an understory plany, like a large woody shrub.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: thisspock]
    #2572643 - 04/17/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes but it bears cones. At least thats what it seems.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #2573221 - 04/18/04 05:10 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I kept my culture at lower temperatures for some time but I didn't notice any difference. At a speed of growth of few mm per month it's not possible to make grain spawn.
The right way to success would be to grow it on proper agar medium, produce liquid spawn and inoculate tree roots outdoors or to germinate seeds in sterile conditions and inoculate the seedling with culture.

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: anyone ever grow Amanita Muscaria? [Re: zeronio]
    #2573247 - 04/18/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I am not sure, but when I look at the picture of the your agar plate it seems to me that their might be some contam on it.
Maybe this is the reason why it grows so slowly ?
I had the problem several times when cloning wild strains or using the spores of wild mushroom.
These plates looked a bit like yours then.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #2573255 - 04/18/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know because that picture is from my friend. Mine is not contaminated but it grows much slower then his. It's true that it doesn't look very healthy, but you can expect that after 3 months in the same dish.

Invisiblejonneill
Hero
    #2776226 - 06/08/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Growing them as one would a psilocybe species, I.E. under "ideal" engineered sterilized conditions produces a completely deficient Amanita; I have eaten lab-grown A. Muscaria that look completely fine but their psychedelic effects are nil.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds