Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
How to Plan a Good Trip in the Forest?
    #2567932 - 04/16/04 01:23 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Hi there
I have tripped indoors several times, so I want to experience now a trip in nature. I will trip alone in a forest near my home this sunday, which I may easily reach by foot. There were some posts here describing how good it might be, but I would like some advice how to plan it best:

-will the mushrooms worsen my sense of orientation? Is there a danger of losing myself even on a place I normally know, or I might boldly venture into a new area of the forest and have no trouble going back? Should I have a map or something?

-is it a good idea to take my bicycle? Will I have trouble riding it, is there a danger I will forget it somewhere in the forest?

-I guess the sunrise will be beautiful , in which phase of the trip is it best to observe it, the peak, the coming down?

-I wonder whether to listen just to the sounds of the forest, or also to take a mp3 player, with some Shpongle or other "organic feel music" that feels appropriate in nature, just in case

-are nature trips good for introspection and thinking about the issues in my life, or the beauty of the forest in spring will blow me away and I will forget about the human world for a few hours? I guess it depends mainly on personality, but mother nature may also have some strength to change our mindframes

So, please answer my questions, or just give me some other advice that helped u have a nice mushroom trip in the forest.

Peace and love to u all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: How to Plan a Good Trip in the Forest? [Re: gotmagog]
    #2568061 - 04/16/04 01:58 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

-will the mushrooms worsen my sense of orientation? Is there a danger of losing myself even on a place I normally know, or I might boldly venture into a new area of the forest and have no trouble going back? Should I have a map or something?

It really depends on the dose. Up into 4 or 5 grams and I wouldn't suggest wandering in the dark. On a higher dose, I was lost standing right in front of my house at nite. I really couldn't  "see" where I was. All I saw was visuals. An 8th would probably be a good dose for wandering.

-I wonder whether to listen just to the sounds of the forest, or also to take a mp3 player, with some Shpongle or other "organic feel music" that feels appropriate in nature, just in case

Bring your mp3 player. Walking around with it on might distract you from the audio/visual surroundings, but you might want it if you're just chilling in one area. Just in case is a good thing.

-are nature trips good for introspection and thinking about the issues in my life, or the beauty of the forest in spring will blow me away and I will forget about the human world for a few hours? I guess it depends mainly on personality, but mother nature may also have some strength to change our mindframes

You can have both. On one particular trip when I was wandering in a beautiful farm with hills and such, I was both blown away by a moment and I was introspective.
I was introspective on the walk to this pond. When I got there I was shroomed out staring at the water. The wind was blowing creating ripples in the pond. The sun reflected perfectly off these ripples for me. I was mezmorized.

Try going on an adventure. These are great for tripping. Hopefully you can climb up to a place with a great veiw. You'd be blown away, and have fun on the journey there.  :laugh:
Generally, outdoors helps you to have crazy(good) thoughts. It helps you tap into whats out there and beyond.

--------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2568072 - 04/16/04 02:01 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Here's my advice on your 5 issues:

- I definately thinks mushrooms will get you lost easily :laugh: But I'd say; this depends on your dosage! I would advise you to take a little under the normal dosage of 1/8 ...

- How expensive is your bicycle ? :wink: But I don't think you'll have much trouble riding a bike when it's like a moutainbike... Hell, it's made for those things!

- I would say; after you've peaked. It will leave you with a happy feeling that'll linger on for weeks!

- I would advise taking music with you; you never know if you get tired and just wanna relax with your eyes closed listening to some music you like. And nature can be scary too, you know. Bugs, ants, snakes, loud birds; if you are easily freaked; you'll have to be strong! But I don't think that'll be a big problem though.

- Beauty of nature. Consider yourself lucky, cause nature is incredible in altered perception. What humans make (eg concrete buildings) is definately less enjoyable than sweet nature (eg a river flowing, a squirrel hiding a nut, ...)

Bottom line:
*don't get outrageous on the dosage
*don't panic
*enjoy ! :laugh:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2569168 - 04/16/04 07:24 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

You can get lost very easily while shrooming.
I got lost in my own damn forest which I talk walk in since 20 years.
Of course I just had to walk straight in any directions to find my way back... Depending on the size of your forest I would say :smile:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: How to Plan a Good Trip in the Forest? [Re: Gus]
    #2569259 - 04/16/04 07:56 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Yes, on shrooms I stay on the trails instead of my usual forest wandering. It's much easier to get lost because your sense of direction is off from admiring so many things and then forgetting where you're going (or this always happens to me at least.) I probably wouldn't bicycle through the woods on shrooms, it's much funner to walk and it wouldn't be fun at all to hit a rock or tree or such because you're concentrating on the visuals. And if you decide you don't want your bike, you're still stuck with it, which sucks for the trip since you're lugging a bike around.

Music a personal choice. If you generally like music better than the natural sounds of birds and such, go ahead, and even if you don't but like to keep the option open, you can bring a backpack with drinks and music. Nature trips are awesome for introspection, we are created from nature and when we look into nature, our natural environment, we look into ourselves. We see the old wise trees as what we will grow to be, and the young weak trees as what we once were. There are also evil trees and good trees, smart trees and dumb trees, every kind of tree. The forest is a reflection of your mind, you put egos inside trees based on their age and appearance and general vibes, and soon see a miraculous forest of creatures with a personality.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2569348 - 04/16/04 08:17 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I wouldn't advise venturing too far off the path, and  if you don't know the area a map won't be that much help.  Even if there's a good bike trail walking may be more enjoyable.  why the sunrise, why not sunset?  tunes, water, and a little food are a good idea.
  i believe the beauty of the forest will allow you to see hidden links and  relations within your own life.  Here's the real question, will you be able to have a small campfire? sleeping bag? one of those comfty fold up chairs.  yeah.  watch out for those curious 'coons.  notebook and flashlight.  a couple doobs or Sally D. for company.  Happy trails to you :sun:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2569469 - 04/16/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

friends, a warm place, a comfortable place, and some (not too much) buds :laugh:

have a great time.  The best trip of my life had these elements.

Offlinegotmagog

Re: How to Plan a Good Trip in Forest? [Re: gotmagog]
    #2570199 - 04/17/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks for the tips , they really gave me food for thought

I meant sunset, typing error, the sunrise is also beautiful, but it will be though to stay awake all night along, i will catch only the sunset and than return home

I will have to think how to best navigate the forrest. An disatvantage of the trails in this forrest is that there is always the occasional jogger or family with dogs, it is almost like a city park sometimes, but if I go too far away from all peope i may get lost more easily. I have 1 more day to think about this...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2571720 - 04/17/04 05:41 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

There has been a few occasions in which I had to argue with my friends about the direction we came from or the direction we must travel. I am typically very good with my sense of direction but it's so easy to get distraced out in the forest... you can lose your sense of direction in an instant. It's a very odd feeling. But you will never actually lose your way as long as you stay on a well marked trail. It would be very wise not to venture off a trail. You can bring a map with you if you would like, but when I try to read even simple maps while I'm tripping I get extremely confused.

I wouldn't take a bike, but that's just my opinion. I like to pack light and stay on foot. Bring a backpack with something to munch on (sun flower seeds are a good snack), some water, a change of clothes, a cell phone, some asprin, perhaps a small medkit.... Be sure to drink plenty of water. It'll keep your hands and feet from swelling. My hands used to swell up like ballons when I went for nature walks... freaked me out a few times... then I learned that swelling of hands and feet are a sign of dehydration.

A sunrise would be amazing to look at, but for your first time in the foreest, I suggest you forget it and just focus on the forrest itself. Perhaps just dose when the sun is coming up.

Bring your MP3 player, but don't waste your entired trip listening to it. Take time to sit down and take in nature. It can be a very spritual experience.

Nature trips can be extremely good for introspection. But I find that for the most part I don't concentrate on myself too much. If you stay moving there is always something new to look at and your focus will always be on something different. If you stay put in one place for a long time, then you'll turn towards self refelction.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2571990 - 04/17/04 07:04 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

if your tripping in a forest it should be great no matter what!

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: How to Plan a Good Trip in Forest? [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2573174 - 04/18/04 04:06 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

FatVsAsia said:
if your tripping in a forest it should be great no matter what!

No shit huh...man try tripping in the Sonoran Desert...that can be at most fatal...and at least not very fun...except for during the month of winter.. :wexican:

Offlinegotmagog

Re: How to Plan a Good Trip in Forest? [Re: DieCommie]
    #2573222 - 04/18/04 05:11 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Well, at most u may become an enlightened prophet and change the course of history

Or just become a bit crazy after such an experience, the difference is negligible  :nut:
This has happened to many historical religious figures before..

But anyway, i will stick to a forest full of life for now, though a desert has its own charm  :wink:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2573746 - 04/18/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Tripping in the forest was very different for me. Everything in your field of vision is patterned, complex, colorful. The ground is a mosaic of fallen leaves, berries, pine needles, etc. The distant landscape is mountains covered in trees. And at all times, there are trees surrounding you, bushes growing towards you, plant life of all kinds, everywhere. As a 'city boy,' being in the forest is trippy as hell, in and of itself. I was actually just up in the mountains this weekend. My girlfriend and I smoked a little bud, and both agreed that it was affecting us much more strongly than usual. My advice, just be prepared to trip a little harder than you normally would on whatever dose you're planning on taking, and take the necesary precautions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies