Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLangcology
Seasonal Camper
Male User Gallery

Jamaican Panaeolus Cyanescens vs the others?
    #25731107 - 01/08/19 10:32 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

So,

I've been experimenting with all different types of P. C. and have successfully grown liquid cultures for:

• Australian KG
  • Jamaican
  • Sandose

I've also tried getting Tropical is and some others going.

Jamaican seems to be the fastest, easiest, most versatile and hearty Copelandia strain out there..

Has anyone experienced these findings as well? 

I'm using / have used the following grains:

• Popcorn
  • WBS
  • RGS
  • Rye Berries

Most success in colonization goes to popcorn.
However, spawning to bulk is a contamination nightmare.

WBS colonizes decently enough but sometimes it will just...stall.. a light shake seems to lick it in the ass, but if overdone will ruin.

Rye Berries... Bacterial contaminate almost 100% of the time.. I don't know how this grain is used.. I can not get it to work for ANY type of mushroom. Maybe someone have any suggestions? I have tried buying presterilized, making my own.. and the same EXACT results occur: sticky, stinky bacterial contams.

Rye Grass Seed I've had the most success with, however... It's tricky to get the moisture levels right.. (current little issue ATM) - there an easy way to rehydrate? Just PC some distilled water and inject like normal I'd imagine?

I've got KG growing and it is so light, it's almost invisible
Sandose is finally starting to allow promise too, but I have used liquid cultures with KG and Sandose while using Spores for Jamaican and the latter strain has passed the other two...

How long should a LC inoculated P.c. take to colonize a quart?

Pics to come.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenube424
Male

Re: Jamaican Panaeolus Cyanescens vs the others? [Re: Langcology]
    #25731119 - 01/08/19 10:41 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

If ur getting contaminants it has nothing to do with which grain u use. It means ur lc is dirty.

Try growing it out on agar and transfer agar to sterilized grains. If ur having bacteria problems in ur grain ur doing something wrong. Either too wet or ur not pc'ing long enough

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jamaican Panaeolus Cyanescens vs the others? [Re: nube424]
    #25731122 - 01/08/19 10:42 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Skip LC entirely until contamination issues are a rarity for you

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineLangcology
Seasonal Camper
Male User Gallery

Re: Jamaican Panaeolus Cyanescens vs the others? [Re: nube424]
    #26116186 - 07/18/19 04:31 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Sorry for the delay

No I think I miscommunicated my issues..

My grain is fully colonized - beautifully, actually. It's only JUST before you'd expect to see pins - and I even see (often quite nice) a pin-set. But as soon as that occurs, the little patches of overlay start turning light blue... Then blue.. then DEEP blue.. that's when I know - I pull up a piece to look under some of the overlay and she enough - green green and more green - or at least large patches of trichoderma mycelium..

I kept a couple tablespoons work of spawn in the jars to see if they contaminated - and if the contamination progresses with a similar timeline as the trays, but they remain white and clean until I use then, or whatever..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation