Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenanananotehead
The Will or TheWay

does anyone else here NOT smoke weed?
    #2571977 - 04/17/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit smokin weed 78 days ago and I dont plan on starting again. The last few times I smoked was terrible because I became anxious and a tad bit paranoid. Set and Setting was in place but I think DRO just fucks with my head too much. Anyone else quit smoking lately?

--------------------
CEPHALIC CARNAGE__ CEPHALICCARNAGE.NET

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: nanananotehead]
    #2572051 - 04/17/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit, more or less... I'll have a free spliff with some friends once in a blue moon, still get paranoid off it so usually I say no thanks.  Its going to be hard now that my dog is going to start dealing with big weights soon :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
    #2572056 - 04/17/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago, i still have a toke now and again but maybe a couple of tokes just to get me 'gone' you know, i suffered the same shit. trouble was i kept toking away even with the anxiety and paranoia! Really messed me up man, glad you stoped as soon as it first happened.

Anonymous #1

#2572742 - 04/18/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit but not by choice. I have no hookups where I live and it is really lame.

InvisibleElise
Inner Being

Loc: Ohio
    #2572868 - 04/18/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit smoking about 2 weeks ago for the same reasons as you. I tend to get quite a bit of anxiety from smoking and I just get an uncomfortable feeling from it. So I have stopped for the time being to help get a grip. I will say that I have had some fucked up dreams since I have stopped also. Can't say that I really miss it.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Elise]
    #2573487 - 04/18/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm on a temporarily leave due to lack of money. As soon as I get a job again or start a few plants during summer, I will definitely start smoking again. I love weed, but I don't need it, and can easily go months without it if need be. It's one of the least addictive things in life, yet everyone demonizes its "psychological" addiction now that the physical addiction has been disproved.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2573531 - 04/18/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Last time I smoked was March 3rd. It seems like an eternity though. I quite for a few other reasons...

1. I've got a neurological condition, and the high fucks with my coordination too much to relax in a social atmosphere.

2. The female I'm seeing doesn't mind that sort of activity, but she doesn't have a high opinion of it either (no pun intended). It's not a big deal for me at all because of reason number one (plus I feel doped up enoiugh just being near her).

3. Tripping and rolling is so much more fun (but these activities have fallen to a minimum due to reason number two).

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Viaggio]
    #2573726 - 04/18/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

BTW, it is quite common for paranoia to develop as a result of too much smoking. It's also an indicator that the smoker has an already existing level of anxiety while sober.

The psyhological addiction isn't much different from physical. In addition to herb's psychoactive fun, it triggers the release of small amounts of dopamine. If the brain gets consistent exposure to the dope, it eventually yearns for it. The brain also manifests symptoms of anxiety (and eventual paranoia) when dopamine levels are higher than usual.

Moderation is key.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2573736 - 04/18/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I stopped smoking pot too. I just started hating the high, started getting really paranod and stuff. I used to love getting high, but it just changed after one fucked up mush trip.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
    #2574441 - 04/18/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I hate weed. Haven't smoked in a way long time.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2575213 - 04/18/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I been struguling with not smoking for the past year. I just dont have a spine thats all. Cant stand up to my friends. Well I will be fasting in a week or two. Hopefully for a whole week. So maybe I can purge the toxins and start fresh. The high isnt what it used to be and the side effects are way to much for me at this time to handle.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2575384 - 04/18/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I quit a while ago because I was getting a lot of anxiety/paranoia and had a few attacks during my last few sessions. I was one of those dumb people mentioned earlier who kept smoking a couple times a week and undergoing the anxiety for at least 2 months before stopping. Now I haven't smoked in months aside from once at a concert, which once again somehow managed to prove that my body 'doesn't like' getting high anymore. It's actually no longer about the anxiety but it becomes very difficult to move without nearly fainting it seems. Not fun. :frown:

Anonymous #2

. [Re: nanananotehead]
    #2575691 - 04/18/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (02/06/13 02:06 AM)

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2576894 - 04/19/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I used to be a big pothead. I quit 7 years ago and only smoke now when I roll every now and then..

Offlinexebek
average desi
    #2577260 - 04/19/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't officially "quit" smoking but I have drastically cut down. I indulged daily for a good two years but the high was hardly the same after the first year. As for most people in here the high was great for me at first. I loved it and paranoia and anxiety never presented themselves. Recently, however, my life has been taking a turn for the worse and all my stress, anxiety and paranoia are reflected 100x when I get high. I get so paranoid and caught up in my own thought loops that sometimes I can do barely more than sit in one place like a zombie. Even getting up to piss becomes an almost insurmountable task. I constanly worry what other people are thinking about me and the magical relaxation that pot used to mean to me is nowhere to be found. Sucks pretty bad, but I guess getting high will be fun again once I get my life figured out...

...funny thing is I can't figure out if it's my shitty life that ruined the high or getting high all the time that made my life shitty.

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #2577350 - 04/19/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I dont smoke anymore......After years of toking I just stopped, mostly because I was sick of the feeling it gave me, it wasnt fun anymore, I just got really tired and could not concentrate on anything.....
It was hard to stop because it was a habit and everyone else smoked around me but it was one of the best decisions I ever made, mostly because I can think straight, I remember things, and Im just happy to be able to focus on things again.......
When I do smoke I get really high off of one hit and regret it soon after.....Last summer I tried smoking and I started crying because I wasnt used to the high and it was so overwhelming and I was completely paranoid.......
Fuck marijuana I hate it, I dont mind other people smoking it though.

--------------------

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #2577723 - 04/19/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like i'm in the same boat as most of you guys...crazy anxiety, constantly spaced out....i haven't smoked any in 2 1/2 weeks...i told myself i would go for a month.....and then only occasionally....i've noticed some difference, mainly more motivation to start working out again and try to find a job....i'm hoping when the time comes it'll be a fun high like back in the day.... :crazy2:

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: greenhaze]
    #2578191 - 04/19/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It is so good to hear from real people who have the exact same "story" as me.  I haven't met anyone in this city who can understand what I've been going through, ummmm I'd say, for the past year and a half.
Like some of you, I had no problem with being really high.  Actually, I was obsessed with it.  I yearned for being more high all the time.  Smoking 6 joints to my head in a period of 20 minutes gave me the most incredible feeling.  So I smoked heavily everyday.  This was a daily routine for about 2 and half years.  Then I got into mushrooms and lsd(and enjoyed it very much); only having maybe a handfull of trips mind you, and then after one particularly bad night with some sprayed pot(unknown to me), I developed a horrible anxiety problem.
I was also one of these people who continued.  I cut my intake down to about half of what it was right when it happened, but then eventually it went right back up.  I had the attitude "i'm going to beat this thing".  I really felt like I needed to beat the anxiety.  So there was no way I was going to stop smoking.  Not after all the great times with it.  Well, it is now a year and half later and I'm still going.

Well, I realized recently, what a horrible choice.  It wears a person down.  And I didn't have mild anxiety, it was fairly serious.  I was having it when I was sober, I started getting very paranoid, couldn't sit still, couldn't breathe, and the list goes on.  To this day, when I smoke up, after having only 3 hits off a joint, I get racing heart, heart pains, racing thoughts, loop thinking, savage paranoia, restlesness(cannot sit still without feeling so uncomfortable), fucked up breathing patterns and the TINIEST feeling of the "old days high". With all these savage side effects, I can get a very very small feeling of what it used to be like.  And it's hard to stop because I want that back.  And I don't want to "lose" to this anxiety.  I have been able to make the anxiety better(or more tolerable?) after the many many months of persisting...but i'm realizing...IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

It wears a person's brain down man.  I'm a very stubborn person and it's like I need to beat this anxiety problem.  I thought it would be the best way to tackle the problem.  Well, the problem was the dope.  If I just would of stopped right then and there and waited a year...I could have started up again with the same "old days" high.  But now, I've planted this anxiety problem into my brain(more like drove it in with a sludgehammer).  So now I know the truth and I will have to finally accept defeat(that's my thinking).  BUT the truth is, in a way I'm not being defeated because I realize now, that after stopping for a long time and with lots of exercise and healthy eating habits, I will be able to come back to the herb one day and experience the good ol' high.

And when that day comes, I will approach it with much more respect than most people out there.  Moderation is the key.  I guess everyone is young, dumb, and full of cum once in their life  :shake:

edit: and for the hardcore out there, I will be stopping on april 21...I will experience one last 420 before I stop  :smile:

Edited by juicemonkey (04/19/04 02:21 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2578602 - 04/19/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I smoked only occasionally for the last 10 years and quit completely 5 months ago. I can?t say I miss it.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2584629 - 04/20/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I guess that I never was what you could call a pot smoker. I very rarely ever smoked herb and only smoked huge amounts on special occasions. I never could get used to the taste and weed always knocks me right out. A couple of good tokes and I'm searching for a place to bed down.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies