Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Apparently you can fall asleep while tripping?
    #25727329 - 01/06/19 03:59 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I tried my first 50mg dose of DMT a couple of nights ago. It was anticlimactic for a couple of reasons.

First of all, I need to try a better method of loading my machine. I have heard you can heat the coil ball with a lighter and drop it onto your dose of spice to melt and absorb it. However, I wasn't quite sure how to handle the ball during heating or after loading the dose. Instead, I melted my doses in a spoon and rolled the coil ball around in the oil, absorbing as much as possible. This seemed to leave a fair amount of the intended dose on the spoon, especially this past 50mg dose. Next time, I'm going to try a method where one coil ball is inside the mouth of the machine bottle, and you lay the spice onto it and sandwich it in with a second ball to protect it from the flame.

My other problem was that I guess I was just tired and managed to fall asleep during/after my trip, so I barely remember anything :frown:. I woke up 4.5 hours later.

Anyway, I loaded my dose and eventually worked up the courage to strike the lighter - it seems to me that the hardest part of any trip is almost always the act of initiating it. I took a small toke, realized it was a little too small, took a little more, and held it for about 12 seconds. Blew it out and pulled a monster on the second hit, held it for about 12 seconds, blew it out, and immediately went for a third hit. By now, my ears were ringing and all the colors in the room seemed to have solidified into smooth monochromatic planes (particularly my blank wooden chessboard on the coffee table next to me, which I had specifically set there to look at). I immediately went for my third hit, but from what I could tell, I didn't get anything on the third hit. So I sat the machine down on the coffee table and settled in to see what would happen.

Disappointingly Short Trip Report (from what little I can remember):

I genuinely smiled, closed my eyes, and entered a mostly 2-dimensional CEV headspace. I saw a moving line of many different color squares snaking a path through my plane of vision. It was a distinctly "trippy" feeling, and I actually welcomed it completely this time with no apprehension. It felt familiar and even inviting. I then saw a pastel red and green sheet with some geometric patterns I can't recall, waving above me as if being held from above by invisible hands. The most interesting part of the trip happened at this point: My consciousness seemed to split into four, and I observed the visuals in a quadrant perspective (like watching a multiplayer video game on a four-way split-screen). Unfortunately, I seem to have stopped getting visuals shortly after this, and began to drift asleep. However, I was in sort of an in-between state where I still felt like I was tripping, still heard my ears ringing, but couldn't appreciate/experience any more CEVs. The trip seemed to last for several more minutes - much longer than my previous two attempts.

Beforehand, I had told my (non-partaking) wife that I was fairly nervous about this dose, and she had assured me that I am the perfect person to experience psychedelics (wow, what a compliment), and that I needn't be afraid. And she was right. I definitely don't think I have any sort of mastery over psychedelics - I am still very much a novice in my opinion (hence my handle). I believe my handle will age well, because I hope to always carry the same level of curiosity, wonder, and openness to new experience into my trips that I did the very first time, and remain forever a beginner. I think that does make me a great candidate for psychedelics.

Even though this trip was disappointing, it was still a learning experience. Next time, I will be a little bit less nervous, and a little more willing to let go of my ego. I want to experience a breakthrough, and I'll get to do so when the time is right.

--------------------
As long as there exist two slices of bread, and based on a loose definition of the word "between," the entire universe can technically be considered a sandwich.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports