Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Saddam did his job
    #2572551 - 04/18/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm always hearing people saying this shit:Saddam was a monster who was a tyrant and slaughtered his people. Today I heard the most intelligent statement, "Saddam controlled 25 million of uncontrolable people." Any1 agree with this statement or is it just me?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Saddam did his job [Re: downforpot]
    #2572768 - 04/18/04 02:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

His methods were inexcusable regardless of the end results.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2572800 - 04/18/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

At first take it sounds ridiculous. Offensive even. But I see what he's saying. I've long held that people get the leaders they deserve. Or put another way, people get the leader they put up with. If the Iraqi people had risen up at various points during Saddam's rule he would have been so out of there. Even a King rules not by absolute power and decree, but by the quiesceince (sp?) of the majority of the people. Such a ruler relies on the majority of the people remaining in their normal state. Asleep.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2572814 - 04/18/04 03:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not to mention Saddam was an old man. The peak of his killing had happened decades ago when he was in bed with America. Would it have been an idea to wait a few more years?

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Saddam did his job [Re: Xlea321]
    #2575752 - 04/19/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Considering the above statements I can't really see how some of you guys can try to take the moral high ground in opposing the war in Iraq. Genocidal tyrants that kill millions are ok but America removing them at the cost of a couple thousand is not. hmmm.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Saddam did his job [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2575867 - 04/19/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

And what do they want now? Democracy? Islam law?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinestew248
Stranger

Re: Saddam did his job [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2575950 - 04/19/04 12:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Liberating Iraq is not our business. If the Iraqis wanted freedom they should have over thrown saddam there selfs. But the Iraqis weren't building improvised explosives to fight against the former regime, even though they had alot better chance of defeating the former Iraqi army under saddam then they do defeafting the american army. So obviously they didn't think he was that bad. Not as bad as us at least.

I was for the war when I thought saddam had biological weapons that could be distributed to terrorist and used against us. I feel completly stupid now, but at the time i believed it. Saddam kept those people in control and didn't allow terrorism for the simple fact that the terrorist hated saddam too. Now we don't know whos gonna end up controling Iraq. I think we were much safer with saddam controling Iraq then we are now. (fucking howard dean was right!!) In fact if this war is about oil, then I see no reason why we could not do business with saddam. He didn't have WMD's so he should have been allowed to sell his oil. It even seems less dirty and underhanded then doing business with the Saudis. Remeber none of the 19 hijackers were Iraqi.

Saddam might have been an evil and despicable prick. But the trials of the Iraqi people aren't my problem. If they want freedom the could have fought for it. We liberated a bunch of animals. We are better off with them under control. Those people diserve saddam. (though the kurds seem like reasonable people) June 30th we should give the keys to Iraq back to saddam and say "my bad". Then buy oil from him for 10 bucks a barrel. Becasue face facts we do business with alot worst people the saddam.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion